Just got back this morning February 10th. 2014.
I must say that this resort is ginormous. My calves hurt by day two. This resort is quite spread out. Best part of beach to the west side of resort. Shopping and entertainment also on the west side of resort. Vacation club is on the on the east side of resort. Restraunts and main lobby in the centre of resort.
The pool was wonderfully long ,spreading from centre of resort all the way around to east side of the resort.
The best restraunt was at lunch at the jerk buffet on the west side of resort near the beach. Our server was Kenardo, a joyful funny young man saving to go to collage. Very friendly always eager to please. Kept calling my husband "Uncle Phil" . Obviously a duck dynasty fan.
Some of the people to see there. Go see Shanae . She is in the office where you book your day trips. She works for Blue Mountain tours. For little snacks a and water stuff. Go see Delissa at the little cart on the far side of pool near the privelage section.
What ever you do, tho if you should decide to go on the upgrade tour please read reviews for RCI vacation clubs. They say 90 minutes it is closer to three hours. Yes even if you do decline, to purchase you still get lots of nice free gifts. Although it sounds good and yes when you figure out the member price plus all your vacations over the next ten to 30 years it is a great deal. But really who keeps that one large sum in the bank or a credit card limit that hi. The get kinda loud when you are trying to decline. Kinda entering you out.
All in all I would recommend this resort for another do nothing , simply relaxing vacation. I loved everything about the resort. The food, the rooms, the service everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay