We stayed for 2 weeks 6th October and it was our first time in Jamaica. The hotel was great the rooms large and comfy the bed was the best ever nights sleep. Only gripe about the rooms is that the towels never arrived until after 6pm and we needed showers at 4.
The pools were large enough to accomodate all sorts - loud and noisy, swim up bar was good.
The beach was lovely and clean and we even had a swim up bar in the sea when we were there - great fun - thank-you! The sea is clear and you could see the fish swimming with you - lovely.
The food was great a good variety and selection and we loved lobster night on Friday. We tried all gourmet restaurants Don Pablo was out of this world, the grill was good,mikado was good fun the only disappointment was Dolce Vita which was a shame as it was our last night, the service here was appalling!
The bar service was good a special thank-you to Tanisha! The drinks and cocktails were great, we set ourselves a challenge on getting through the cocktail list on our stay which we managed and also trying cocktail of the day at each bar!
Entertainment - this took place in the shopping centre which was dancing, although it was good I felt you only had to see them once and after that it was much of a muchness and we got a little bored plus the centre was hot as it is enclosed and you had no breeze, the bar had limited drinks and closed without warning half way through the show.
Trips - we went to Dunn River falls - good fun and worth the effort of walking up!
Mystic Mountain - the rest of my party had a good time here with the tobaggan, zip wire and chair lift - I don't like heights and the chair lift freaked me out! A lovely place though and a dip in the infinity pool just for photo's was worth it.
Tubing down the White River - this was fantastic and good fun even if you do get stuck.
Shopping in Ochos Rios - an experience to say the least in the craft market be prepared to part with your money to get out!
All in all a great holiday and I would recommend this hotel. Thank-you to staff who made us feel welcome.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.