I have been to several all inclusive resorts. My experience is that you usually sacrifice quality and service for price. Not so at Grand Bahia. The place is so beautiful and clean. The staff is extremely hard working.
The quality of the food at the restaurants was surprising. The buffet was huge, bit I would not have wanted to eat there every night. We had the gold package. This gave us a restaurant reservation for 2 of our 4 nights. With this package, they allow you to request an additional reservation by inquiring the day of between 3-5 pm. We were accommodated 3 out of 4 nights. We were happy to try the buffet on the 4th night. The jerk chicken center is located at the beach snack hut, forget the name. There is a main part, and a lower part where they have a huge oiler full of jerk chicken. I could eat this every day, it is not to be missed.
The beach directly down from the pool is all rocks. At first we thought this was the only beach. Then we looked to our left, near the snack hut. There was a huge expanse of beautiful beach. I guess it is man made, but it is lovely.
I took this trip as a girls get away for our 50th birthdays. We had 2 adjoining rooms. I booked through Delta vacations. They let me use 40,000 sky miles toward the price. This lowered the cost by $200 each for 2 of us departing from the same city. The only bad thing was the situation with the airport transfers. Delta vacations said that we were to go outside and look for people in light blue shirts. We were told they would have all of our info and direct us to the proper bus. We actually had to go to a desk inside and they were looking for a travel voucher that we did not have. We were accommodated and did not wait long. The friend who met us there was not so lucky. Her luggage was lost. She had to file a lost luggage claim and the bus left without her. She was then offered a tide for $100. She said she did not have it. The price then dropped yo $25. She gave a $10 tip, as did we each way. None of this was the hotel's fault. I would use Delta vacations again also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay