Spent a wonderful week at this hotel, October 9-16, and I don't think I have anything bad to say. Food in the buffet was great, almost too much choice. We ate at 4 of the 5 restaurants (skipped Picasso) and had a great experience at each one. Really good food, and lots of it. All of the staff at this hotel are incredibly friendly. I read other reviews regarding lack of towels in the room, we didn't have that problem whatsoever. However, on the 3rd day we made a point to find out who our regular housekeeper was and gave her a tip before leaving instead of waiting until the last day. Apparently they only get 1 day off so if you just leave one tip it may not go to the girl that cleans your room all week. But we never had to worry about towel, beer or champagne shortage in our room for the remainder of the stay. Also, we booked through Air Canada Vacations which entitled us to 2 blue beach towels, bath robe and slippers at no extra charge. The ACV rep at the hotel was awesome, and so informative. All of the cleaning staff we encountered in the hallways were so friendly, the hotel really is very clean. Another reviewer commented on the mouldy smell but it was reminiscent of the time I spent travelling in the south pacific. That musty, 'moisture in the room ocean smell' that you don't get on the Canadian prairies.
I also want to give a shout out to Rohan and the rest of the entertainment crew. These guys and gals always seem to be so energetic whether it's getting the water sports going, or the karaoke or the dance floor at the disco. They seem to be 'on' from morning until night, and are each as entertaining as the activities they coordinate. I hope the hotel realizes what a great asset these guys are.
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful. Daily we would see maintenance guys walking around with paint brushes doing touch ups on the curbs, railings, etc. It seemed there was always cleaning going on somewhere. The nightly entertainment shows were alright, mostly it was a place to sit and have a few drinks, not so much being there for the show itself.
This was my first all inclusive experience, and I suppose if I had to complain about anything it would be the bar fridge in our room wasn't super cold and there's no convenient ice machines. However, it was plus 30 temperatures and who wants to stay in the room drinking anyways?? Oh, and our pillows were a little more flat than I'm used to but I kept forgetting to ask our housekeeper for a couple more so it obviously wasn't that big of a concern. Another couple we traveled with requested additional bedding and received it promptly. I will be returning to Jamaica and would love to go back to this resort if I return to the same area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay