On our arrival at the Bahia we were given our keycard and sent on our way only to find the card did not work , after a quick call from the bellboy to an electrician we were in. Our room on the fourth floor was large and had everything you could need including a great balcony with views of the pool and the sea. It was cleaned daily and the mini bar restocked as well. We had no issues with any staff in fact my wife commented to the buffet manager how friendly his staff were. Food in the buffet was good and plentiful , drinks were always offered ( and accepted ) whenever we were in. The a la cartes were unusual as the starters were in the buffet format and the main meal as normal. They were all very good with the Japanese being the best. The snack bar has jerk chicken at lunch time , there was also a band there a couple of days , brilliant.
I can't comment on the main night entertainment as we never attended but the singers and musicians on the terrace seemed to be enjoyed by all.
Again can't comment on the pool entertainment as we preferred the quieter/ kids area . Beds were never a problem in fact we had the same beds for the whole two weeks , maybe because the hotel was not full.
The bar just off from the reception was air conditioned and great to sit in when connecting to wifi.
The grounds were kept immaculate with staff working and cleaning all the time.
You may have noticed a recurring theme in my review I can honestly say that in our party of four adults we had no complaints whatsoever.
Ewan Margaret Laura and Mary were at the Bahia from Aug 29 till Sept 12 and were in a standard room on a basic package.
PS take the Zion bus tour to see where Bob Marley lived. Fascinating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotwire and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay