I have just spent 2 weeks at this hotel from the 28th Aug-11 September 2013. Once again I travel to many destinations around the globe and I don't waste time with silly things that can put people off booking a holiday! this was mentioned by many British people at the resort and they are glad they came.
The first choice rep was Godfrey Kelly who was wonderful and really helpful I would say travel with Thompson/First Choice do not go with Thomas Cook everyone we spoke to had problems! We upgraded to Club Premium both ways as it was discounted that extra legroom free drinks and choice of food made it nice and was comfortable but try to get a two seat together if going as a couple. The planes seem slightly old we was told they will going soon as the new Dreamliner starts to come in. I have to say a good flight and no Delays both ways.
I booked a private taxi from airport through Thompson which was smooth. I arrived at the hotel with a warm greeting from the Golden Club. I had room 23500 which was lovely clean spotless and comfortable throughout my stay not to mention the wonderful views. The cleaner Jackie was brill clean towels sheets mini bar stocked no problem. The night maids were great as well nothing too much trouble even if you wanted a fresh towel. The pool area was spotless and no problem getting a bed plenty of room to move about so you are not all on top of each other. The swim up bars get busy but name me one that doesn't, The drinks were fine plastic cups but you can take a big cup with you good music and very jolly, to be honest couldn't fault it. I was even surprised my niece and her partner when they turned up in Jamaica on the second week of my holiday they are still there and from the messages I am getting they love it as well no complaints. The food well lets get it out of the way it will be the same on the second week but I can say if you can not find a different meal every night then I would love to know what people eat at home LOL! I could not fault the food was not ill had a great service on the tables in the middle from Marcia. These are the theme nights Jamaican night (Wow it was good) Portugal, Canadian, Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Vegetarian food the lunch was good especially the fruit try Jack Fruit and Sour sap. The lobster, Jerk, Pasta I could go on , Breakfast well you have the choice for some of us it was a pleasure to sit down and all have breakfast together barley get to work on a slice of toast in London so enjoy it no problems. The al la carte restaurants we did was the Grill recommend the Rib eye . The Don Pablo was lovely we had the Chateau Briand, The Japanese was also nice, did not bother with Italian as the chef does this every night in buffet which was lovely. To be honest you will find you are pretty full at times and skip a few especially as the nights are nice for dining. The terrace on the hotel has a bar and nightly entertainment steel band, piano and singer. The air conditioned bar is nice especially when you have a humid night. If you wish to see the shows make your way over to the village area where you will find shops and the sports bar. The beach area has a man made beach where you can snokel and see the fish also you have the main beach which is a cross between white sand and shingle it was lovely we had a great time especially good to top up that tan with the sea breeze. The water is calm and you can get drinks on the beach (also good to see lifeguards at the pool and beach), when hungry you can make your way to the beach restaurant where you can try the jerk chicken and many other things to eat. I always found the staff friendly but we always have a laugh with everyone, I did not get asked for tips at any time I actually gave a tip to the cleaner and a waitress at the end of the holiday and a man carrying the cases what's a couple of dollars when you have had a good service also the driver on a trip. I was always asked if things were ok did I need anything no issues really. I must mention the following staff as promised: Diane Lewis one of the deputy managers of the hotelwho kept in touch with me via email to answer any of my enquires, Jerome Danhi security on the landings and Dawnell Mills who kindly came in and swept the balcony when some forest fire dust blew on to area where we sat. Philip Bartender (Arsenal Fan) Jackie Cleaner Therjiwe McKenzie and Shakeisha London Night Maids Cassanova in the Golden Club excellent customer service.
Important Note I was told about this before I left: Do not bother with the reps who ask you to collect a free prize they stand here everyday round the corner from reception and are basically timeshare just walk by give a polite no thanks.
I did 3 trips : Cool Running, Negril/Ricks Café and a trip to Ochio Rios shopping
I recommend taking us Dollars rate was 155 in Ochio. In the hotel you can pay for things in dollars and get Jamaican dollars back.
They do not change English to dollars in the hotel.
Finally going home the airport was really nice and lots of lovely gifts from coffee to cake t shirts. The Duty free in the airport (takes engilsh money) going home is really cheap i.e bottle of Jim bean £8 Makers Mark £19.00 litre bottle of coco Mademoiselle 100ml £52.00. Tobacco cheap and also some nice gift box aftershave and perfume sets. My favourite was the Havaianas shop brought two pairs for £30.00 .
Well enjoy if you go you won't be disappointed! Yeah Mon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay