We visited this resort for a family wedding. I was very excited since this was my first visit to Jamaica. I was definitely not disappointed in Jamaica, the property or the service. The food was excellent at all the restaurants. The bartenders were super helpful and always happy to "create" a new drink for you. The service staff, from maintenance to servers at restaurants to the cleaning service...everyone was wonderful! We booked through Air Canada Vacations, and I do recommend them. The rest of our party booked through other vacation providers and didn't get the great additional service we did. Our rooms were better, the on-site staff was very helpful and our check-in was very smooth.
So, here is the "but..."
1. The Grand Bahia also sells timeshares. EVERYWHERE you go, there is someone stopping you to make an appointment to see the "vacation property" opportunity. They are aggressive, and will let you know they are working off commission. It got to the point where I was very uncomfortable walking through the lobby because I couldn't stand being badgered anymore.
2. The property is beautiful, but the best spot by the pool, the one with the nice lounge chairs, is only for "members". So, you are made to feel like riff-raff while the members get a nice area. Don't get me wrong, the whole pool area is nice, but if you want a quieter area away from shouting children, in a comfortable chair, it would be nice to be able to sit at that end of the pool.
3. The property is HUGE! Be prepared to walk! Our room was at one end (newer end) of the hotel. We liked the far end of the beach, the opposite end. It was almost a 15 minute walk from one end to the other.
Aside from that, it was a nice vacation. If they stopped selling timeshares, I would definitely go back. Until then, next time I visit Jamaica I will look for another resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay