This was my family's first visit to Jamaica but not our first AI (usually go to Palace Resorts in Mexico). This was no Palace but overall was a great resort. Our kids (ages 3, 7, 9) had a great time in the pool and the staff were all great with them. We went to GBP for my sister's wedding so we had a nice large group to hang with which usually ended up at the pool. The pool wasn't the cleanest I have been in but was fine and a great gathering place. I agree with other reviewers that this is a big place so be prepared to do lots of walking (or if you have a toddler, lots of carrying! Great workout!). Still, the snack hut with the Jerk Chicken place by the beach is worth the walk and the beach area past it is great - nice and calm, shallow, great for the kids. The food variety was excellent and the specialty restaurants had great selections. We were not tired of the same food after 7 days as can happen in some places. The kids menu was limited but a big thanks to the staff who got us food for our 3 year old that he would eat when the Don Pablo selections were not to his liking (Thanks Hughroy!).
The staff were all super nice and helpful - special mention to Juan at the Palmyra breakfast buffet, Hughroy at Don Pablo, and Steven at the Garden Grill. It's people like you who go above and beyond that really make for a memorable experience.
The rooms were spacious and the beds comfortable. The bathroom had all the amenities and the resort was very clean, save the pool which could have used a regular vacuum to get rid of the sand and leaves.
My sister's wedding was great and turned out to be a very special experience for her and her husband. The staff were most helpful and gave all us guests a great experience.
Pros: awesome staff, lots to do, don't need to go off resort but lots of excursions if you want to do so, food variety
Cons: 1 hour bus to get there, Montego Bay customs sucks (super slow), big resort so prepare to walk a lot
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay