April 12 - April 19 2013
We were 2 couples travelling together, our first visit in Jamaica. We looked at the Riu and the Bahia, our travel agent insisted that we take the Bahia, which we did.
We were booked as Royal Golden, which included some little attentions here and there. The main value is the location of the room you get. As great sea front, in the 23 block, at the 6th floor. This made the time we were in our room as good as when we were elsewhere on the resort.
The staff is very friendly, and so helpful. We did read a couple of comments from people complaining about the staff being a little "cold". We learned that some of the Jamaican people that work there look cold at first sight. It must be some of their English origins. But when you get in contact with them, they almost all endup being very nice and they do everything they can to make your stay the best possible experience.
We had 4 À La Carte restaurants:
-The Grill: very good meat with a nice choice of entries served as buffet.
-The Teppanyaki: Great show (like almost all resorts), and very good food.
-The Dolce Vita: This is a OK place... They announce the Chef's Special, and everybody we met told us the same story we lived, the Chef was not working that day, so no special. Great selection of entries served as buffet
-The Don Pablo: Really a MUST at the Bahia. the Chateaubriand is just incredible, service is perfect, entries amazing and the bananas flambe as desert, very good!
The buffet has a very good selection, and the Beach Snack is a must, mainly for the Jerk Chicken... that we had 5 times on 7 days...
The beach is good, but really not at the level of what you'll find at Negril. It was a long walk from our room (23615) to the beach (may be 15 minutes). It's quite windy as well.
So overall, we really enjoyed our stay and this week made us fall in love with the Jamaica people. We will go back to Jamaica, and will probably want to stay at a different place of the island, but it won't be because we did not appreciate the Bahia!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay