Here is what you need to know:
Travel Time = 1 hour (no washrooms on bus) Will stop for beer and a washroom break.
Food = Excellent. Jerk chicken everyday was the best!! Buffet choices were excellent and you won't go hungry. Restaurants were above average for food quality.
Beach = Probably the only shortfall here. Does not compare to Cozumel or Mayan Riviera. For sun though, its all the same.
Bartenders/Waiters/Waitresses = Excellent. A tip goes a long way.
Tour Operator = Air Canada. We had a great room over looking the pool area in the 28 Block. I heard someone say that air canada rooms are the best locations in the resort. Not sure if that is true or not but we were pleased. Clean and maid service was excellent. We did tip everyday.
Entertainment - Might want to invest in a better sound system as we were inside for the Michael Jackson show and couldn't understand a word. They also have a square on the resort where there are some shops and a sports bar which was a nice touch.
Would return again as we did have a great time. I wouldn't pay attention to the bad reviews as those travelers won't be happy anywhere and like to complain. It is a big resort so you will do a fair bit of walking so just be prepared.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay