Here is what you need to know:
Travel Time = 1 hour (no washrooms on bus) Will stop for beer and a washroom break.
Food = Excellent. Jerk chicken everyday was the best!! Buffet choices were excellent and you won't go hungry. Restaurants were above average for food quality.
Beach = Probably the only shortfall here. Does not compare to Cozumel or Mayan Riviera. For sun though, its all the same.
Bartenders/Waiters/Waitresses = Excellent. A tip goes a long way.
Tour Operator = Air Canada. We had a great room over looking the pool area in the 28 Block. I heard someone say that air canada rooms are the best locations in the resort. Not sure if that is true or not but we were pleased. Clean and maid service was excellent. We did tip everyday.
Entertainment - Might want to invest in a better sound system as we were inside for the Michael Jackson show and couldn't understand a word. They also have a square on the resort where there are some shops and a sports bar which was a nice touch.
Would return again as we did have a great time. I wouldn't pay attention to the bad reviews as those travelers won't be happy anywhere and like to complain. It is a big resort so you will do a fair bit of walking so just be prepared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Otel so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay