Overall: an excellent resort and good value for money. The guest rooms are large and well designed. There are several à la carte restaurants from which to choose, and the food is up to par for this class of hotel. The beach is in a sheltered cove and is great for wading, swimming and playing with children, and snorkelling over sheltered reefs. There were no beach vendors to interrupt our peace and enjoyment. The staff are very friendly. At least in the week we were there, there was plenty of space around the pools and on the beach to be able to find either sunny or shady spots with loungers. Unlike many resorts, it wasn’t necessary to get out early before breakfast to reserve a spot for the day - a very civilized alternative.
We can pick holes, though. Only one of three sail boats was in commission, and with no reservation system it became a matter of luck to get on the water. The room cleaning was good but missed details. Sometimes we were without towels for several hours. We twice reported minor problems in our room but nothing was fixed in the week we were there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay