I live in Kingston, Jamaica and driving to the country is one of my hobbies, I have passed this hotel many times and had no interest because of the things the locals said happen while construction was being done and the outside design is just OK. But let me tell u.......i'Ill be back!!!!
Every year for the past seven years i have been going to the Jamaica Jazz and blues festival. Anyway for Dec 2012 i exhausted my funds in travelling extensively for the Christmas, Nevertheless my good friend talked me into going even one night. I agreed, it was next to impossible to find accommodation at last minute but we did at a certain hotel in runaway bay. On the 26th of January on our way down that hotel called to tell us they were overbooked and could not host us. Can u imagine how flabbergasted we were? We were frantic, angry and we were just lost. To do the three hour drive back to Kingston in the night ,Oh boy!'
At this point my friend remembered that she stayed at Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, i was very apprehensive to say the least, but at that point we had no choice. So she called a work colleague of hers and she put on us on to an angel (literally) Rosie who worked at the hotel but was not at work but in return she gave us a Guardian Angel Sandra in sales, Wow!!! The top class service began at the security.
When we went in the guardian angel greeted us with a diamond smile and from there i was sold. The area we were checked in "The Don Pablo" was brilliantly decorated, airy, it had a waiting area, a lounge and a bar(that actually had premium liquor). The hostesses were assuring, knowledgeable, and affable.
After check-in, which was long but not unbearable given the short notice, we went to our room. The rooms are average in decor(or comparing to the hotels i have stayed in the past) very very clean, bed not as stately as i like but comfortable,stocked bar, room service, butler service, and the view was spectacular !!!!!!!
I cannot end this without talking about the staff, they know what service is all about the hotel was packed at maximum capacity and i still felt like royalty. Sandra in sales, the team in Don Pablo check in, housekeeping, the bartenders at the pool, dinning rooms esp Juan and Mr Lewis, Big up!!!! Thank you very much.
I called the other hotel and thanked them for bumping us, dwl :-))))). If it wasn't for them i maybe would have never been to Gran Bahia Principe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay