Just got back on the 17th of Nov; I went with my 2 young kids (3 years and 6 months), my wife and her brother's family (3 kids and his wife who is in a wheel chair). I read all the negative reviews and I wonder to myself was I at the same place?!?
-THE RESORT: was nice (nice pools, nice beach, nice bars, nice restaurants and nice lobby) a few renovations and changing the carpets in the hallways wouldn't hurt, but overall NICE.
-THE STAFF: were super nice, personable and always willing (Personally I thought they were a bit understaffed with the waiters but still nothing worth making a fuss about) DEAR TRAVELERS if you complain about service or rudeness how about you tip the hard working poor people and notice a 180 degree change (they live in a 3rd world country and this is how they put food on their tables). I had a mix up in my room and the issue was rectified by 'Ada' within 24 hours. Its not about having no problems, its about how you deal with them!!
-THE FOOD: my only complain is about the "a la carte" they were BAD. The buffet (was not great but average and surprisingly better than the a la cartes)...again my opinion
-THE ROOM was clean, well kept and always smelled great, no mosquitoes but very small insects here or there (again, Ill go back to the whole you're in a 3rd world country point).
-ENTERTAINMENT: Too much Bob Marley (no offence) but nice surprise bands and singers on a couple of occasions by the pool. The night shows were actually worth attending after a long day of being in the sun.
Go with a positive attitude, don't listen to the negative comments, mingle and have a great time with the staff and put yourself in their shoes and take care of them so they can do the same to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay