Just got back from Jamaica on Tuesday. We stayed at this hotel for 5 days, thank goodness it wasn't any longer. The resort itself is beautiful, however the rooms, staff and food could stand for much improvement. When we first checked in we were given room 17108. We walk in the room and find a maid cart, shoes, and a light fixture that belonged in the ceiling sitting on our sink. We contacted the front desk and was told they would send someone down immediately. After 3 hours of waiting I finally demanded a new room.
We were then moved to 17118 which was infested with mosquitos. There were 6 other couples in our group and 3 of the 6 also had to be given new rooms.
The coffee pot in our room was disgusting and literally had mold growing inside it. I complained to the maid about it and she took it in our bathroom and washed it out. Needless to say, I didn't use it as I'm sure that did not kill the mold.
Out of our 5 day stay, we only had washclothes left in our room 2 of those days. One day we wasn't even brought clean towels so we had to use hand towels to dry off with after a shower.
Everytime we called the front desk we were told someone (from maintenance or housekeeping)would be right there. However, no one ever showed up.
The food was just ok...the Japanese restuarant was good but the buffet could use much improvement.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay