When we got to the Bahia, from the time we entered the looby, the service was great!
If you didn't know, the Bahia is huge Spaish chain of resorts. And so the Spanish influence is prevalent around the resort.
However, the Jamaican employees on the resort, in fact Jamaicans in general, are some of the nicest, most hospitalble people I have ever met. They will never ask you for tip so please remember to tip while you're there.
Now the bad news. Check out time is generally 12pm. Our bus to the airport was leaving for the airport at 5:30pm. With the Gold Package, (and maybe even with out it) we were promised a room that we could use to freshen up before boading the bus. With that in mind, most people checked in their suit cases and proceeded to the pool or beach for that 'last dip' in the water under the sun. When the time came to get ready for the bus, we discovered that the room we were promised is actually what they called a 'Club House' located under the lobby area. One room for two bus loads of people to use!
So we head downstairs to this 'Club House' only to be greeted by a pool of water, one of the toilet's had over flowed. So ok, this happens we thought. We then headed to the front desk to tell them of the issue and to request an empty room to use to get ready for the Bus. By this time its 5pm and the bus is coming at 5:30pm. The employees at the front desk proceed to explain to us that they ony have one empty room, which was across the resort in another building. Out of desperation a few people trekked to this room only to find out that the room they were offered had no lights, and no hot water. Please remember this is supposed to be a 5 star hotel.
Some other folks like myself were forced to change, in the toilet area! So no shower for us. Changing for our trip from this 5 star hotel had to be done in the toilet.
And forget the tour operators, we approached the Tour Operator from Transat Holidays. She began to tell us its our fault for waiting so long to get ready.
So in summary, enjoy your stay, enjoy the pool and beach, but beware, you have to use one room to get ready in, and a few people will be with you. And if that room is out of order, you will have a problem on your hands if you need a shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay