“Slept with the ocean waves & breeze” 4 of 5 stars

Piper's Cove Resort
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Salem, Runaway Bay Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Runaway Bay B&B and Inns
Normal, Illinois
“Slept with the ocean waves & breeze”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

My wife & I stayed at the Piper's Cove Nov. 25 en route from Montego Bay to Kingston and enjoyed our stay. Ms. Chin put us in a great apartment room right up to the ocean; large, separate bedroom, kitchen, table, couch and chair. This hotel is not a destinatiion; that is, you won't find a great deal to do at the hotel, and neither the beach or pool was very appealing. But the crashing waves and ocean breezes were wonderful to feel throughout the night. We ordered breakfast with Ms. Chin the night before, and were delighted to have a full meal with coffee delivered to our kitchen table for under $9 apiece. The grounds were well kept and we were able to pick starfruit right off the tree (but don't pick the ackee unless it's ripe!). There was some peeling paint, and rust around windows, not surprising given that this 20 year old resort was sitting on the ocean front. Overall, a great value as a jumping off point for day activities; large rooms and safe location.

• Liked — safe. spacious, ocean front
  • Disliked — not alot to do at the hotel
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

My husband and I had a great experience at Piper's Cove Resort. At arrival our check in was smooth, although we were early it was a delight how were we were greated by Kurt the manager who explained things in details and escorted us to our apartment which had the best view ever. This resort is one that caters to the needs of everyone; the single person, the newly wed, the new lovers, friends, the married couple who need to relax and rediscover each other, and the entire family. Whatecver your needs are it can be met at Piper's Cove. The landscape with its variety of plants is breath-takingly beautiful, relaxing under the palm trees on the private beach is awesome and having a meal at the poolside is magnificient. The sound of the waves and the soothing sea breeze is just wonderful and difficult to leave. I wish my stay could have been extended.
Ms. Chin and her staff are wonderful , they know just how to give you the privacy you need yet meeting your request as if you are the only guest. I look forward to returning to Piper's Cove to enjoy the good Jamiacian hospitality & delicous food. The added benefit of being a Piper's Cove guest is that you can enjoy the perks of Heodonism III at a discounted daily rate . I look forward to return and take others with me. I would recommend this resort at the drop of a hat. Loved it.

• Liked — the location & lovely ocean view
  • Disliked — no common area for guest to have a meal like a restaurant / bar area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

I have stayed at Piper's Cove at least 5 times in the last 2 years. I used to travel quite frequently to Jamaica to visit my fiance' (who is now my husband and lives here with me in the states). This place is perfect and Ms. Chin and staff are always accomodating. The beds are so comfortable, there is a full kitchen with pots and pans and there is an extra bed in the living room. The apts are always clean, and the little beach and pool area are perfect for me because I like to sit out by the sea and read. The security at the gate always made me feel safe and secure about being there alone if I had to be.

The price is right and everything that I need is here. The next time my husband and I go there to visit his family we will be staying here!

PERFECT!!!!!!!!

• Liked — The apt was very clean and big and was not too far from anything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

We just returned from an 8 day stay at Piper's Cove Resort (5-12 thru 5-19). I can not say enough about Ms. Chin and her staff. Accommodating and friendly beyond belief. It's bitter sweet to write such a good review because I feel like it could encourage them to raise their prices or might make it harder to get reservations when I want to come back.

Once you check in to any huge resort, they are all primarily the same. People with lives and expectations similar to your own and a familiar list of activities and so-so restaurants. If you want to really experience Jamaica, you have to leave the resort and mingle with the people, eat where they eat and etc.

For $95US/night, you get a small apartment with 2 beds and a full kitchen and living area. The beach is nice but small. If you desire a bigger one simply walk down the street. You will pass Tek It Easy and the Shell/Pizza station (about 10 min. slow walk).

The swimming pool is very nice and located right next to the beach. There is a dining area off the side of it and a small play ground also.

If you love plants, the grounds are very well kept with a nice variety of flowers. If you open your windows at night the sounds are unbelievable. It like a scene from a nature documentary that"s so relaxing.

The downside would be the mosquitoes. Be prepared you will be bitten because it's virtually impossible to keep them all out the entire stay.

Take Care....

Been to Piper's Cove Resort? Share your experiences!