“Pipers Cove not for Everyone” 4 of 5 stars

Piper's Cove Resort
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Salem, Runaway Bay Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Runaway Bay B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Pipers Cove not for Everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was suprised by some of the reviews. I've stayed at Pipers Cove several times over the past couple of years, the lastest being early October 2012.
Congradulations Surrey Shaz I was there when your wedding took place!

Pipers Cove is not Party Central it is very quaint, quiet and comfortable, not a place for kids; not enough for them to do.
It is a wonderful place to spend time with someone special; works even better if your someone is Jamaican, it will be easier to get out and around and soak up the sun.
The grounds are beauitful and the staff is attentive. The very best thing I like is that at nite I go to sleep and feel safe and secure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were searching the web reviews for a place to stay at that was close to Flavours Beach. Came across Pipers Cove and the excellent reviews. Booked our room for Jamaica's 50th celebration August 6, 2012. Was the best decision we have ever made. The people, rooms and people are exactly what you would want on your vacation. Ms. Daisy and her crew are so welcoming and are available anytime you need them. We didn't get everyone's names but you might want to hook up with Berres. Need a ride somewhere? He's your man!!

We had a 1 bedroom suite with a requested king size bed. Of all the hotels I have stayed at, this bed was the MOST confortable.

The grounds are well protected with security. The little beach was cleaned daily, and the pool overlooks the beautiful beach and sunsets. Have a look at the pictures I took during our stay.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom apartments are huge and have balconies.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed at pipers cove several occasions the rooms are very clean, the kitchenettes are appointed for light fare, the kitchen prepares meals for reasonable cost.

Can't say enough about this corner of the north coast which I can call my home away from home...

The crew at pipers cove take care of your needs.. Always beyond the call of duty and always make you feel home and secure.

Will come home again and again as long as paradise remains the the folks at pipers are there to take care of me..

Thanks miss daisey and your wonderful crew look forward to seeing you all again to visit and bring in new years!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We got married at Pipers Cove on the 6th October 2012. We came home today after having the most wonderful time in Jamaica. My husbands family live in Jamaica so they had sorted everything out for us. The weather was beautiful, and the venue was outstanding. The ceremony was held on the top deck over looking the ocean and our reception was held downstairs. All open air and the food was wonderful. My mother in law had arranged for us to stay there on our wedding night and the room we were in again overlooked the ocean and was more like a flat. The owner, Ms Chin, called us to say goodnight and arranged for tea and breakfast to be brought to our room the next morning.

I can not rate this place highly enough. I had the perfect wedding day.

Thank you Ms Chin and staff.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the ocean. Beautiful to wake up to.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

While in Jamaica on business, I had the opportunity to stay at a quaint oceanfront resort called pipers cove. I loved it here because it is not big and touristy like the mega resorts. The rooms are clean, comfortable, air conditioned, with cable and wifi. There is a bar and restaurant on site that makes great Jamaican food at very reasonable costs. the owner Ms. Daisey is always on site and walking around the property and full of great conversation. The beach is nice and I had it to myself for much of my stay. It's a far different feel from the busy resort that's across the ocean from pipers cove. The staff is all very friendly and accommodating, and willing to help you in any way. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for that home away from home feel. The room prices are very reasonable, and is a great value for the service and rooms.

Room Tip: The oceanfront apartments are great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I friendly reception made me feel so at ease and settled. The white appartments on a beach seemed so enchanting and suited the natural surroundings. Calm, clean and comfortable which is just what I needed, no fuss and need any fancy modern stuff just simply nice.

Food: lovely, filling and authentic.
Staff: helpful, friendly and made me feel looked after by a close relative.
Surroundings: Safe and beautiful (next door to prude - headenism.)
Kitchen: dated pine wood style but clean. You will need to ask for basic cooking utensils and pots.
TV - had terrible reception but that didn't knock many points off.

Away from the busy and buzzy locations. So not ideal if you like a lively nightlife. About 20mins walk to the nearest shop (with limited food supplies). However, close to local buses. Good for single holidays, couples but not for families because the children may get bored and not appreciate peace and quiet. Overall, lovely. Due another visit real soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
New England, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have had the pleasure of many visits to Piper's Cove Resort over the past 10-11 years and have reviewed this property previously. I am choosing to review it now because I would like to include recent photos of the changes made to the beach area.

Upon each visit to Piper's Cove, I've rented a one bedroom apartment. The apartments have spacious living/dining areas, kitchenettes, cable t/v, verandahs, and air conditioned bedrooms. The kitchens are minimally stocked with cooking utensils and one only need ask and anything needed will be promptly supplied.

When choosing not to cook, I've ordered from the restaurant menu and have always enjoyed Ms. Verona's cooking. Her curry chicken and fried chicken are my favorites. On our recent visit, Beres was nice enough to share some mangoes. Yum! They were perfectly ripe and delicious.
Two of the reasons I enjoy staying here are the lovely grounds and the seaside setting. The beach is small, but big enough to allow one to get into the sea. It is not an expansive stretch, so if that's important, be aware that the beach is small. On one recent visit, my husband and I did some snorkeling off the beach. It was wonderful and we saw lots of colorful fish and even one impressive looking barracuda! There is a lovely pool and pool deck and the nearby shady verandahs offer nice respite from the sun. Sitting on the upper verandah watching the setting sun is especially enjoyable.
Without exception, every time I've visited this property over the years, there have been upgrades made. Recently, Ms. Chin and her staff have moved the large security fence from the wall by the pool to the rear of the beach area. I love it! The pretty view from the pool has returned and the beach area is somehow more inviting. Tables with thatched roofs for shade have been added and the work done to the beach and wall area continues. It's lovely and the property still feels quite secure.

It always feels like I'm returning home when I visit Piper's Cove, and the cost is always reasonable. Please note that I give it a rating of excellent because of the consistent, caring service provided by the good people there in the comfortable and relaxed accommodations. It is not a five star resort property. Please note also that my opinion is biased. I simply love the place and feel most at home there. I highly recommend it for people who prefer to be a bit away from the busy spots and for those who are not looking for large scale, resort-style happenings, but rather a welcoming home base in Jamaica.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Piper's Cove Resort? Share your experiences!