“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa

You added Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paradise Cove Drive, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
EXTRA 10% OFF
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I have never written a Trip Advisor review before, only read them, but felt compelled to after our recent trip. We just returned from the Jewel Paradise Cove and I have to say the vacation was awesome! My guy and I needed a last minute trip before the summer break ended, and we could not have picked a better choice. From the minute we stepped off the airport shuttle, we were immediately pampered by Jewel staff. All the way from Collin at the front desk checking us in, to Conroy assisting with bringing our bags to the room after a brief tour. Speaking of the front desk, everyone was so nice - particularly Alvin and Errol who helped me plan activities for the trip. Everyone at the resort was super friendly and VERY accommodating. The grounds of the resort were very nice, the beach was great and the food was very good- especially at Platinum and The Jade Samurai. You have to try the coconut shrimp at Platinum. By far, the best we have ever had. By the way, Paulo is an excellent waiter at Platinum and Shawn puts on a good cooking show at the Jade during dinner. Shout outs and very big thank you's to everyone for such a wonderful vacation. It genuinely hurt when we had to leave. We kept telling everyone we wanted to stay. By the way, Wayne made a birthday experience on the beach with dinner a wonderful experience for my man and I. My guy was totally surprised. Also, Keesha was awesome as well. She always ensured our room was cleaned and didn't even give us grief if we were too tired to want to leave. She always had a smile and engaging conversation. Adrian and Michael, at the buffet, and Paulo at Platinum were all so nice. Paulo and Adrian even helped me by walking my food ALL the way back to the room a few times as I was too tired to eat in the restaurant and just wanted a relaxing meal in the room. I also have to say, Cicile at the Radiant Spa was great. She gave me one of the best massages ever! Additionally, the staff at the dive shop were the best! They made the week the greatest for my guy. We couldn't believe the activities that are included. Where else can you find scuba and snorkeling included in your trip. My guy got to dive everyday and even got to do a night time dive. He said it was one of the best he has ever been on. I'm sorry if I missed mentioning anyone, but I can genuinely say we really enjoyed ourselves. there is nothing bad we can say about Jewel Paradise Cove. We hope to return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Althea G, Ambassador at Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear Guest

It was our esteem pleasure to have hosted and delighted that your visit with us have compelled you to write your first trip advisor review, we truly appreciate the review and look forward to hosting you again soon.

Althea Gibson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
Ellenwood, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Jewel Paradise Cove is a relaxing place, but it is definitely not a 4 star resort. I have been to many 4+ star resorts like the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica, Secrets the Vine and Excellence, and Jewel cannot compare. It was okay for a last minute, long weekend getaway, but I will not return.
Pros
1. Cool towel upon arrival
2. Quick check in
8. The glass bottom boat ride that was included in the trip
9. Jerk chicken at the pool grill
10. The guy who works the bar at the pool grill
11. Damian at pool grill

Cons
1. Our room was not ready at check in. When we did check in the gave us a king sized bed when it was a girls trip and we needed two beds per room
2. If you are not getting a king bed you get two twin beds
3. There are no elevators
4 The wifi did not work in the room-532
5. Housekeeping was inconsistent -it was after 6pm before our room was cleaned one day
6. It was nearly impossible to get shrimp- only at Jade if you can get a table...it was booked up our entire trip. We only got a table because someone canceled
7. The food was not that great, and getting good seafood was nearly impossible. We left the resort to go to sharkies for some seafood. After paying 40 dollars for a round trip taxi ride for four and waiting over 90 minutes we eventually left without getting our food.

In the end you are in Jamaica. It is beautiful and relaxing, and some of the employees help make it a better experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Althea G, Ambassador at Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing, and sorry that we did not meet your preference,and appreciate you letting us know, as we normally use our guest comments to enhnace our product. Thanks again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

A friend & I (Sharon & Erin) decided to try this resort on a recommendation from my Friend/Travel Agent. I am so glad we did.
The first thing was check in. We were seated & brought paperwork to fill out. As soon as we completed it we were shown to our room. It was pool view. Just what we asked for. Note to people on the 1st & 2nd floors around the pool: please place something in the window of the shower. You can see everything that goes on in the bathroom. Not good.

The staff here is amazing. RuShaun (my apologies if I misspelled this) at the Moonstone was excellent. At the end of the first day near dinner time when we came across the Italian restaurant. We were discussing having to go back to the room to change for dinner. RuShaun quickly informed us that there was no need for that. We were perfectly welcomed to have dinner in our current beach attire. We were very tired from traveling that day & were very thankful that he told us this. It was a lovely dinner. We were even able to spend time in the Piano Bar before heading to bed.

The "Piano Man" was excellent! He sang John Legend's, All of Me. He sounded just like the original. We ended up making it a nightly thing. The only thing I would change would be opening an hour earlier! Halfway through our piano bar experience we encountered one of the entertainment staff, Barbie. I must say that she is without a doubt an asset to your facility. She went out of her way to make us feel welcomed & comfortable. To give you an example, Barbie saw that I favored my ankle. She brought me ice & had me elevate it. It had swelled a lot due to an earlier injury & flight earlier that day. Barbie was even kind enough to call me the next morning. She wanted to make sure that I was doing okay because she had not seen me out that morning yet. During our whole visit she greeted us with a smile & a hug. She is truly a nice person that cares about her guest.

We had a wonderful time. From the pizzas that were out of this world, to the free excursions. We had a blast. Also loved the Jade Samurai.
We had a few mishaps in our room & things were taken care of very quickly. *As a side note, be very careful on the tiled floor if it is wet. Unfortunately, the only thing close to me was the curtain...... But I digress. Lol! The maintenance people took care of it rather quickly.

One of the greatest pleasures was the included water sports. We went on the glass bottom boat & the snorkel cruise a few times. Other than the jelly fish stings, it was great!

I would come back to see you all in a heartbeat! Thank you for making our stay so warm & inviting.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you and it was our pleasure to have hosted and looking forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I thought the staff at Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort was excellent !!!! Special recognition, to Collin, and Shelly. They are the best Ocho Rios has to offer!!!! Shout out to Theanell, Nerene, Oshane, Kareesha (can't recall spelling) Piano Bar!!! You all made a wonderful trip even better. Thank you! Thank you!

Room Tip: If you don't have an ocean view, you'll have a pool or garden view. yeah mon!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Althea G, Ambassador at Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Brent

It was our pleasure and thank you for mentioning the staff that stood out. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I was extremely impressed with the hotel and the professionalism of the staff. The staff helped to make it hassle free. Activities included in the price of the hotel is unbeatable. This is a great safe, unintimidating environment for single travelers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you and it was our pleasure.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I read some of the other reviews and was very surprised that people weren't pleased with this resort. If you are looking for a huge beach with waves, this is not the place for you. However, if you like a calm beach with no waves like we do, then this resort is perfect. It has one small beach and one larger beach on a cove. The people were wonderful, and the food was excellent. The entertainment was also very good. We also paid $100 for a private lobster dinner which was well worth it. One review I read suggested bringing $100 in one dollar bills for tips, which we did and I highly recommend. You will get the same service (excellent) whether you tip or not, but the people are wonderful and deserve the tips, and they are very appreciative.

Also, the shuttle from the airport is included, which is nice because it's about an hour away. It's a long ride, but it's beautiful. This was very organized and I was pleased with the service. They also have a tour company on site to book excursions which is super convenient. We toured the appleton rum factory and I highly recommend that tour. The buses are nice and air conditioned (tours and airport shuttle bus).

This resort also has a lot of excursions included. They have daily snorkeling trips, a shopping trip, a trip to Dunn's river falls, and a sunset cruise, just to name a few. We didn't do it, but I was also told they teach you to scuba dive and take you out diving for free. I wish we had done that, and definitely plan on that next time.

Overall, we loved the resort and definitely want to go back. My only complaint is that we couldn't stay longer than 7 nights!

Room Tip: Ocean view room was very nice and had a beautiful view. Definitely worth a little extra for the view...
Dear Christina

Thanks and delighted that you enjoyed all that we had to offer and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

San Augustine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The name Paradise Cove is truly fitting for this resort. Very well maintained and staffed. The food was excellent and the service was great. Everything was as promised. I especially liked the fact that there was only one restaurant that required reservations. A special thanks to the water sports team for being so accommodating. Can't say enough great things about this place. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room near the beach.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you and it was our esteem pleasure and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Althea Gibson

Been to Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!