“The best!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa

You added Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paradise Cove Drive, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
EXTRA 10% OFF
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Sauble Beach, Canada
“The best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just returned from a week stay and cannot say enough good things about this resort. The staff was amazing! There isn't one thing we could complain about - we felt at home the entire time. We will definitely return another time soon!

Room Tip: We didn't book an oceanview room but stayed in unit 5 and that gave us a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DaineG, Manager at Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Guest

Great to know that your vacation was the best and looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Granbury,TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Every thread says how great the staff is ~ they are great! Erroll, the concierge is the Main Man! You will see him for everything. Go to him early and your life will be easy MON. George will take care of all your other needs - beer etc.
We played golf twice at Runaway Bay. Eroll sets up the transportation to and from (5 minute ride). Green fees - free, Cart -$35.00 for two, you can walk for free. The course is relatively flat so no big deal if you don't have two hip and one full knee replacement. Caddie is $25.00 plus tip. We had a great girl - CHARM!! Very helpful. Beer was $4.50, soda pop $2.25 from the cart lady. We brought our own clubs. You can leave your clubs with the caddy master and he will store them for free, if you don't want to drag them back and forth from PC. It was a fun challenging course, definitely worth playing.
We did many available things but especially enjoyed the massage. Sabrina was great!
You are on vacation and every soul at PC is there to make sure you have a great time. Relax and enjoy!! The place is great MON!!

thanks Erroll and George!! Mr & Mrs T

Additional thought: upon arrival we were booked into room 635. This room was a king and we wanted a two bedded room. George got us moved down to room 711 for the nite with a change tomorrow, if desired. Greatest mistake I/we could have made!! We are in our mid 70's and hiking up and down 3 flights of stairs all day long would have killed us.The ground floor was PERFECT. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and were close to the "coffe hut" which was great for early morning coffee and a small pastry.

Dear Guest

Thank you and it was our pleasure and hope to host you again soon.

Parkville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The staff of Cheap Caribbean suggested that I try the Jewel Paradise Cove and I’m glad that I did, I had a great time at the resort for the most part. A few glitches but nothing that management did not work to correct. The people are fantastic and as I told the Hotel Manager, he has a phenomenal staff and they made my experience memorable. The staff was very thoughtful and kind. I especially appreciated the water sports staff, Dennis, Marley, Karedo, Freckles, etc. They are very professional and know how to operate the various vessels with safety in mind. I always felt safe with them. I also appreciated the energy and smiles of the activity coordinators, especially Barbie. The waitress staff was fantastic, these people typically work 6 days a week ( long hours ) but each morning they greet you as if they are seeing you for he first time; outstanding work ethic. Bret Lee and Orlando consistently walked back and forth from the beach to the bar, keeping everyone satisfied, Gerneil(aka Paparazzi) and Bryon, the photographers were always on point and very friendly. George, the bell man, always greeted you with a smile. I appreciated all the assistance I received from Candi at the front desk Charmaine, in attractions and all the lifeguards and other staff. You are all wonderful! All in all a nice clean resort. The amenities were fantastic and included in the cost; they include paddle boating, scuba diving, sea kayaking, snorkeling, sun set cruise, glass bottom boat, etc. The food was good; I tried all of the restaurants except for the Italian restaurant. The Palladium and the Jade Samurai was fun and the cuisine was good, make a reservation once you arrive. Try this resort you will enjoy it.

The resort has a few areas of concern but nothing so terrible that I would not return. Towel service over all needs to improve - in the room and on the beach.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Linda

Thank you for your review and appreciate you taking the time to let us know, of how great the staff was. It was our pleasure and hope to host you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Sadly just got back from a great stay at the Jewel. I've been to several all-inclusive resorts throughout the years, but this trip may have topped them all. The staff truly makes your stay in Jamaica a memorable one. From the entertainment...Dimplez, Barbie, Swagg, Dimitri. To the housekeeping and restaurant servers...Bridget, Paulo, Kimika aka "Lil Kim", Charley, Choy at the pool...and soooo many more great people, I just honestly can't say enough about them, and apologize for the many more I haven't mentioned.
The resort is on the small side, which makes it nice in my opinion. After a few days, everyone knew your name. Felt more like a family type atmosphere. There are three pools, along with swim up bars at each of them. All are great, but I spent most of my time at the main pool/beach area. The beach is very small, so if you're a walker you'll be disappointed. But don't let that turn you away from here. There is plenty to do. Free snorkeling, scuba diving, shopping trip to Ocho, Dunns River...there also is a small gym. Nothing spectacular, but it gets the job done.
Rooms are all updated, very nice. Small but clean. You're on vacation, no need for a suite!
Food is good, just wish there were more options at the buffet. It seemed to be much of the same every day, and limited selections, i.e., bigger salad bar would be great.
The platinum restaurant was probably my favorite. The steak was excellent, as was the brownie dessert. Pizza was really good too!
Fridge is stocked daily. If there is something that you want, just ask! Everyone is great, and will bend over backwards to acommodate you. Please tip the staff...they are hard workers. It's nice to show your appreciation and to see the smiles on their faces!!
So would I recommend this resort to my friends...absolutely!!! I'm not one to be a repeat guest, I like to experience other places, but I can tell you that I already can't wait to return to Jewel!

• Stayed February 2014
Hi Vesna

Great to know that you had a fabulous vacation, and although you are not one to repeat a property, it's great to know that you will return, and it will be our pleasure to host you again and ensure a greater time the 2nd time around.

Thanks again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Spent 3 days at the resort. The accommodations and amenities are very good but the people who work there are absolutely wonderful!! From the front desk to the bar and restaurants, everyone was attentive, accommodating and helpful all while being extremely pleasant. For this reason I'm actually looking forward to making another trip there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DaineG, Manager at Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Guest

Looking forward to hosting you again soon, and it was our pleasure.

ontario canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just got back from the Jewel Paradise Cove with a couple friends of ours what an amazing time.
this is a top shelf all inclusive resorts and all activities and no extra cost ie. ( snorkling hobie,ect.)
food was great ,very clean lots of fun and games, spa superb. I would love to give a shout out to Wayne our bartender, Barbie and Dimplez you were all great had lots of laughs. Will be back . third time in Jamaica and loved every time the ppl are very friendly and always a big smile.
Ire mon its only a situation NO PROBLEM !!!!!!! thankx for the memories.

Room Tip: all good rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you and hope to host you again soon at our phenominal 5 star resort.

Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

If your looking for a escape to relax at an all inclusive adult only resort I can't say enough great things about this resort. From the rooms, food, staff and overall experience I have to say it is one of the best resorts I have been to. I am a definite Jewel fan and this is the third resort I have been to and this is my favourite. The staff treat you like with only excellent service always asking how your day is and if there is anything they can do for you. The hotel manager is always around talking to her staff and all the guests, she is fabulous. The food and drinks are excellent as well and the rooms are always clean and very up to date. I hope me and my husband get back to this resort next year.

Dear Guest

Thanks and delighted that you enjoyed your stay, hope to host you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!