“Jammin in Jamaica” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

You added Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Salt Coopers. Runaway Bay. Jamaica, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Special Summer Sales
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Jammin in Jamaica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

First time in Jamaica and found the experience was superb,we started off with a problem over our seats as we booked extra leg room and when checking ourselves on line,we found because we upgraded to Don Pablo few weeks prior to going that our booking reference changed we lost our seats,but we didn't want this to get in the way of our holiday.Great flight though on Dreamliner and arrived at hotel tired and weary but when we arrived at the Don Pablo greeted with cool flannels and champagne,nice touch and then allocated our room on the second floor overlooking the beautiful kept gardens.
Went to welcoming meeting with First Choice rep,Godfrey,top bloke always smiling and helpful,(always up at crack of dawn.....9:00a.m.)Never did find me the Catholic Church,no problem Though,The hotel itself was excellent ate in all the a la carte,found the Don Pablo the best ,service second to none and the Chateaubriand to die for!!!!Dolce Vita was the poorest with service and food fair to say at best!!!!We dined in the Palmyra most of the time and again service and food was great,special mention to Sasha,Patricia and tall Nick,trainee waiter,top bloke was Lemaro,the house man who did all the odd jobs around the Palmyra kept us amused and entertained for two weeks!!!
Pool facilities and bar were very good,Odain working hard with his waitress staff serving cocktails all day poolside and great to chill out.Beach space for Don Pablo is rather cramped but plenty of shade as the temp was in the 30s during the day,Atlantic was nice to cool off in where the locals sell their conchie shells from their rafts but they are no problem.
Went on a couple of trips to Bob Marleys mausoleum and the Cool Runnings Dune River Falls on the catamaran both were excellent value and well worth doing,special mention for Captain Bling Bling,no problem in Jamaica just situation!!!!
Overall had a great holiday,loved the Jamaican people so friendly and can talk all day long,would definitely recommend the Don Pablo to anyone,friends hoping to go to Jamaica in autumn and have already recommended it to them.
So thanks to all concerned and will be back one day maybe next summer,Irie Mon and One Love!!!!

Room Tip: We asked for a higher floor but was allocated second floor,glad we got our room there.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time out to post your positive comments on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay with us at the Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection. We are elated to know that you have enjoyed our services and facilities especially our resturants, pool, bar, food, beach, our beautiful garden and the service of our exceptional staff.

We will be more than happy to provide you with another great holiday vacation for the next coming year. If you need any assistant with you booking please feel free to contact us at any time.

Yours Faithfully,

Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We went this resort from June 30-July 7 and had an awesome time! We really appreciated the extras that the Don Pablo Collection had to offer such as free room service, private check-in, pre-booked a-la-cartes and an exclusive buffet and pool. The adults-only aspect is it was also nice. The food was delicious! The beach was to be desired as part of it is a man made beach and is rocky with seagrass, but it didn't discourage us at all as everything else was great. We had a very minor problem of a faulty alarm clock and a slow-draining shower the first day, but within literally minutes of me mentioning this to Lorraine Broderick at the front desk, both were fixed. She was excellent! The staff in general were excellent actually! I would definitely recommend this resort to others. A great place to go to relax!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post your positive comments on your recent vacation stay. We are very pleased to know we did not only exceeded your expectations but you had an awesome time.

Thank you for choosing the Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection and thank you for recommending us to others. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again in our property.

Yours Respectfully,

Grand Bahia Principe jamaica
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We just got back from Luxury Bahia Principe and overall enjoyed our vacation. I'll start with the good - the grounds were beautiful, the beach was warm, calm and we never had any trouble finding a shaded area to sit in the Don Pablo section (although we arrived around 8:30-9:30 am each day). Food was excellent, as was the service. I was very impressed by the servers in all the restaurants but especially in the Don Pablo restaurant where a few items were prepared at the table. Service was slow at the Don Pablo but we were in no rush. We also ate at the buffet a couple times and the food was always excellent. My only complaint about the restaurants was that it was VERY hot inside. One night we actually ended up walking out of the grill because it was too hot and had dinner at the buffet instead and we sat outside.
Now onto the not so positives... our room was awful.. certainly not what I was expecting and I would rate it more of a 3 star if I was only taking the accommodations into account. Furniture was old. TV stopped working on our last night (we didn't bother calling someone because it was the last night). The bathroom was gross... there was mold everywhere and it was dirty. Funny thing was when we first arrived, there was a piece of paper along the toilet that said "Sanitized". I thought great!! So I put the seat cover up and saw a few hairs along the seat and the bowl.. definitely wasn't sanitized! The bathtub was dirty.. there was a number of marks that could have been cleaned but wasn't (they weren't just stains). As part of the Don Pablo Collection, they told us we can request that our butler set up a bubble bath - Definitely no thank you!!
Another major downside, which has nothing to do with the resort, but when we arrived to the airport we had to wait over an hour in the customs line (also no air conditioning). I noticed that parents with young children in strollers also waited like we did. I was very grateful that we decided to go without kids because it would have been a disaster waiting crammed with everyone in the heat. The ride to the resort also took over an hour.. with a "less than 2 minute stop" which actually turned into 20 min stop at the bus driver's buddy's place where he encouraged people to buy his buddy's beer and jerk chicken -- last thing i want to waste time on after such a long flight and wait at the airport. But I would take that over the crazy bus driver on the way back. They really need to use an actual bus company or at least take these guys out for a test drive!

Would I go back? probably not because there are other really nice beaches and surely decent food elsewhere. Would I recommend this resort? sure, if you don't care about the rooms

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear guest,

We are sincerely very concerned to learn that we did not reach your expectations in that sense, that you were not impressed with the room housekeeping and maintenance.

We are very sorry that t we were not able to fulfill 100 % your expectations and we would like to offer our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience and we sincerelly hope that this situation does not tarnish your perception of Bahia Principe Chain and you could give us another opportunity to host you again in our Hotel.

Yours faithfully,

Luxury Runaway Bay Bahia Principe Don Pablo Collection
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

So there were three sisters, a brother-in-law & two 21 yr old sons !!! Wow !!! All of us repeat customers ( 4th time this resort ) !!! This time at the Don Pablo ... Better than ever !!
Of course... The differentiator was the service ... We had a Guardian Angel ... Her name is Loraine B., Executive Assistant Manager. Upon our arrival, some of our requests had not been handled ... Loraine took charge & made sure that we were well taken care of !!! ... Loraine spoiled us & made us feel like her only guests!!
The Picasso / Palmyra staff are wonderful too ... Especially Patricia, Damien ...
All to say ... We are anxious to come back to Jamaica & will definitely want to come back to the Don Pablo & for sure ... We will make sure to see Loraine & the amazing team again ... Sandra

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to know that our guests have enjoyed their holidays; we transmit your satisfaction to our staff Loraine, Patricia and Damien for their extraordinary performance in servicing you and your family.

Thank you so much for choosing us a 4th time at the Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection the best adults resort in the Caribbean. We look forward to see you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Québec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

It just says it all. My wife (and I...) really enjoyed our vacation. Beautiful weather, very very good service, good food, comfortable room with a spectacular view, nice portions of beach, nice pools too... What else could you ask for?

Two wonderful weeks at the Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection! We were there June 20-July 4. Nothing major to complain: Yes we had a two bed room for our first night (not happy about that) but the day after, a one bed room was available; in this one, the coffee machine and hair dryer didn't work but everything was pretty quickly fixed, so after that we were really ready to enjoy our vacation and that's what we did for 13 days. 13 magnificent days. Thank you again Loraine (what a nice young lady) and your team for your efficient service.... and pre-service (she even found a couple of friendly tennis partners for me!) A few other employees I have to identify are our excellent servers at the Picasso for (a la carte) breakfasts: Damion, Moralyst, Alwayne, Kaydian, Slotisha, Yanishe... Our EXCELLENT maid, Carmen (building 23, 6th floor), and Chantel who took so much good care of us at the prestigious Don Pablo restaurant, their best restaurant, by the way. Side note for the restaurants: I agree with other reviewers: it is very hot in there! Not sure if the air con worked properly... still enjoyed good food almost everywhere.

The Don Pablo section was just what we needed for this two week vacation, as we really feeled the difference between the standard Grand Bahia and the luxury Don Pablo; when we will be back there, it will be the Don Pablo as I'm not sure if we would appreciate NOT to be in the DPC...

Final note about tennis, I would like to say HOLA to my partners, especially Carlos but also Alex, Antonio, not to forget one of the managers, Marlon. Thank you,. gentlemen for accepting playing with me... and let me win (EXCUSE ME Carlos) The Bahia has two OK tennis courts and they also have a pro, Tyrone, should you like to have lessons ($).

Overall, once again, a very much appreciated vacation, as I would like the resident manager Maria and the General Manager Ricardo to know that our final note is, for sure, a solid "A", nothing less! Yeah Mon!

Room Tip: Building 23 has better views than 24
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very elated to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to know that our guest is happy. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed our services and facilities especially our comfortable room with a spectacular view, food, beach, pool and our overall service.

We would like to say on behalf of the General Manager Mr. Ricardo Esteban, Resident Manager for Luxury Ms.Maria Bonsenor and their wonderful team at the Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection the best couples resort in the Caribbean a big thank you for choosing us and we anticipate your next visit soon.

Yours Respectfully,

Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Brooklin, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We are just back from a week at the GBP Don Pablo (June 22-29) and I have to say....I've been many places but THIS is the best vacation ever! First of all kudos to the wonderful head of room service David Murray....a gem on his own. We learned alot about the resort from him and appreciate the friendship.

From the second we hit the bus to when we left we were pampered. From the lovely woman who took our bags to the room, the many bartenders and servers who had smiles and just made our days...THANK YOU.

Room -- We were in 24106 -- first floor on Don Pablo. A short walk from the pool and the adult buffet. Room was spacous, clean and modern. Maids did a wonderful job and the mini-bar was always refilled. Air Conditioning was tremendous. We had a view that faced on to the park. I think that was better...no noise whatsoever.

Food -- Breakfast buffet was wonderful. Adult only....mimosas and omlettes made to order. Also loved the cornmeal porridge. There was a breakfast ala carte which was a nice treat too. Juice mixes there were spectacular. Overall coffee was really good...always hot and constantly refilled.

Overall food was really good as my waistline will attest. Loved the Grill and Don Pablo for dinners. Buffet was plentiful but the real treat for me was the beach grill with the jerk chicken. Wow. Variety of sauces and tons of heat for those, like me, who love it.

Drinks -- servers in Don Pablo Collection were always there...and sometimes filled drinks when I didn/t even ask. Those people work hard and its hot. Lots of selection. Love the Red Stripe beer and Rum Cream. Heard the mix and frozen drinks were also great.

Beach -- something for everyone. With Don Pablo we had a roped off area. Plenty of chairs and comfortable and shade when needed. Used beach shoes....a little pebbles and such. But the water was warm and clean.

Pool -- wonderful in the DPC -- our end was quiet, had plenty of cabanas and security made sure the right guests were there. No kids...thank god. Love kids but keep them in the other end. :) We also had access to the pool bar and it was fun.

DP Lounge -- was a great break from the heat. Bottles served of Red Stripe and free wi-fi for the DPC guests. Two computers also available for those who needed it and they had Canadian and international newsletters out for people who wanted to keep up to date.

Bars -- lots of places to find a drink...some quiet, some more action. Always found a seat and a server with a smile.

Staff -- Best ever. To the people who work at the resort....my warmest thanks for a wonderful vacation. I was hesitant to go to Jamaica...and now I wonder what took me so long.

Priviledge Club -- They are there and they try to get you to sit with them. I avoided them...but its your choice. They didn/t hound us in our room or with calls....and for that I thank them.

I love this place...wish I was heading back today.

Room Tip: For Don Pablo rooms....take the first floor for good access to the pool. Take the 3rd floor if you...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First we would like to thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection the best resort to stay in Jamaica. We are very happy to know that you and your family have enjoyed the stay here with us and hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any information on your next stay here with us, see you soon.

Warm Regards

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I went to the Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay for our honeymoon from June 16th-23rd. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left our expectations were exceeded. Although we were initially given a room with two beds and no view, Maria and her staff in the Don Pablo lounge did everything they could to get us a better room as soon as possible, and all with big smiles! In fact, every time we walked into the lounge we were greeted with excitement and kindness. Maria and her team were incredible and made the stay in the Don Pablo section very worth it.

Other highlights from this amazing resort include the beautiful pool and beach, the wonderful buffet and restaurant staff, and the incredible food. First, the pool/beach. My husband and I aren't big beach people, but the beach was lovely, with very clear water and soft sand under our feet. We are pool people, and the pool in the Don Pablo section is amazing! We lived most of our honeymoon in that pool and loved the views, the loungers, and the great pool staff.

Second, the buffet and restaurant staff. The staff in the Palmyra were always pleased to see us and went above and beyond the call of duty. This is especially true of Shane! One day my husband wanted to bring out a cup of tea to the pool for me so we could spend the last few moments with some friends who were leaving that day. Shane insisted on bringing the tea out to me, fully prepared in the way that I love. This is just one of many examples of Shane, and the rest of the amazing staff going above and beyond.

Third, the food! Normally one goes to an all inclusive resort and just resigns oneself to eating passable but not delicious food for the week. Be ready for that expectation to be blown out of the water if you go to this resort. The specialty restaurants were delicious, the buffets were delicious and the jerk chicken at the snack bar at the beach was especially delicious. We ate jerk chicken every day for lunch and have been missing it ever since we landed back in Canada.

Overall, this resort is top notch and we are already trying to figure out when we can return. If you have a chance to go to this resort, and stay in the Don Pablo section, just go! You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Building 23 has the best views of the pool/ocean. Building 24 is the quietest.
Dear guest,

We are very happy to learn that we could be able to exceed your expectations during visit to our Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, 5 stars experience here in Jamaica. We really appreciate your time to share your review with us.

In the name of our General Manager and all Staff members thank you so much for your kind comments and of course we are at your disposal any time for any further assistance in your next visit to our Resort. We hope see you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!