You added Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Salt Coopers. Runaway Bay. Jamaica, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Special Summer Sales
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family stayed at this resort the week of August 13. We payed for the Don Pablo Collection wish allows you to go to all ala carta restaurants, free safety box, private pool and beach area, private check in and check out, 20% off at the spa, beautiful room with a wonderful view and much more. The food was very good, the buffet has a variety of food, from a kids area to sea food. The restaurants were excellent, good service and good food. The room was very clean ( Carmen, the housekeeping supervisor, is SO nice and sweet and is always making sure that the rooms are clean. Good job Carmen) the pool and beach are very clean. The night shows where good, our favorite one was the Michael Jackson show. I went with a 7 year old and a 1 year old and they were so friendly and helpful with my kids, specially with the little one. Overall GREAT hotel, great service, great people, very family oriented. My advice is to pay the extra $ if you can for the Don Pablo Collection, is totally worth it.

• Stayed August 2013
IselS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Ines,

We appreciate your positive remarks and your time to post your opinion on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much for your comments about the food, staff and Don Pablo inclusions and for mentioning the staff that made your stay even more enjoyable.

Receive cordial greetings from our hotel Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection. We are grateful to know we were able to meet all of your expectations and look forward to see you soon, back in our property.

Yours faithfully,

Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was nervous after negative reviews but my husband and I absolutely loved our stay at this hotel and would return again for sure! Food was wonderful, room was clean and nice, the don Pablo service was great. Rouel and sheinka were our favorite staff members. Very welcoming and friendly! Loved them.

Our friends stay on the other side had minor issues which were resolved but still loved their time here.

I think some people just need something to complain about, because this was an amazing vacation. I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed August 2013
IselS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm note. We are thrilled to learn that you have had an amazing honeymoon with our hotel and the food, room, cleanliness have been able to reach your satisfaction. Thank you for mentioning the name of the staff that stood out in offering their services; we are aware that it is just because of the professional staff that we can achieve success.

We thank you for choosing our hotel to spend that special time of your life; and we sincerely hope to host you again on your upcoming trip to Jamaica.

Warmest regards,

Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hello,
Let me begin first by saying that all of the girls in the front office at the Don Pablo Luxury Suites at Grand Bahia Principe were incredibly nice, helpful, and patient. Nicole did a great job getting all of my reservations and rooms together that first Thursday (the 18th of July) evening there. The cleaning staff were great, and the dining staff as well.

I am a Seventh-day Adventist. As such I don't smoke, drink alcohol, or eat meat. I told manager Loraine I was vegetarian and asked if any of the restaurants had tofu. She checked for me. None of them did. She asked me if I would like her to look into getting some. I asked her if it would be too much trouble. She said it wouldn't be a problem. She said that they would have to get some in to the hotel. They didn't have any on site. I really thought it would be too much trouble so I said never mind. Loraine assured me that it would be no problem. She only asked that I give her a day's notice. I said sure thing. I was coordinating evening meals for everyone in our group (15-20 of us) and Loraine helped me and worked with me every step along the way the week we were there. And, I did get the tofu when I asked for it at the Don Pablo Gourmet restaurant. It was delicious! I believe Loraine felt that she was just doing her job, but to me it meant the world. She made me feel special and I really liked that!

Besides all of that, I watched as Loraine gently and professionally handled disgruntled guests and still managed to keep a smile or pleasant look on her face doing it.

Thank you all again. I look forward to one day returning to Bahia Principe.

Mr. C.

Room Tip: I think the best rooms are in Don Pablo.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IselS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are enchanted with your review. We are thrilled to read that all of your requests were accomplished and you have felt pampered with the personalized attention provided by our staff. On behalf of Ms. Lorraine Broderick, Manager of the Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, we thank you for your kind words.

It was a real pleasure to serve you and we sincerely hope you wouldn’t hesitate to return to us on your upcoming vacations.

Warmest regards,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Firstly let me say that the Grounds and the cleanliness of the hotel was outstanding. I also found the staff to be very friendly and helpful to the extent of their abilities. We were traveling with a group of families and our group totaled about 16 people. The hotel was very accommodation with reservations for our large party and I found all of the people who handle the reservations in the Don Pablo lounge to be very helpful. Let me go over the disappointing. Everywhere and I do mean everywhere you go that is inside is very warm/hot. This includes all the restaurants and unfortunately your rooms. If you are a person who like to sleep in a cold room this could have a very adverse affect on your vacation. We had house keeping bring a fan in which circulated the cold air around better and made sleeping much better. However if you are a light sleeper the noise of the fan could be problematic. Luckily we are not. All of there rooms in our party were this way. We called service and they said that the A/C was working properly. Another annoyance was if you are in the Don Pablo Wing and you want to visit the beach it is a long walk as the resort is very large. The beach area is very lovely and it is something you would like to visit but if you are older or have young children it is a haul. They should have a shuttle to get you there. There is a beach area that is near the Don Pablo section but as others have mentioned it is rocky and really only good to snorkel in. Some very nice colorful fish to see if you are a snorkeler. The food on the whole is on par with every other All inclusive resort we have been to, and we have been to most of them. Its average except the jerk chicken snack bar which if you like spicy it's very moist and certainly spicy. It unfortunately is a decent walk from the DP area. Otherwise, if you can eat at the Don Pablo Restaurant everyday I would do it as it had the best food. If you are a Foodie don't Bother with the Italian restaurant it was the worst. And If you are bothered by the Heat the Hibachi restaurant is unbearable and the chefs are at the novice level for entertainment at best. I also felt at this restaurant we were pushed for a tip more so by our server than any other of the resorts other restaurants. Also Included in the Don Pablo was butler service, we saw our butler on the first day never saw her again. This was her loss as we are good tippers and if she had been the least bit attentive she would have done very well for herself. We had to call everyday for ice and the refrigerator was not restocked regularly. Lastly the timeliness of requested item at the restaurant is spotty at best water, drinks are come in a very slow manner and room service takes routinely 45 min to a hour. I think the resort is understaffed or just un managed in certain key area

The resort has great potential it is large nicely decorated and super clean. It is in definite need of a closer hand by upper management to make some tweeks to the service levels could make this place much better than average, but for now C

Room Tip: section 24 is the newest and has the New furniture. But if you are a beach goer its the furthest fro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
IselS, Social Media Coordinator at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Donie,

We thank you for your feedback. We are grateful to learn that you have enjoyed the resort and its grounds, cleanliness, the helpful and accommodating staff especially Don Pablo lounge staff.

On the contrary, we regret we didn’t impress you with some of the services and we apologize for the related inconveniences. We are taking good note of all your comments and will make sure to inform the departments involved in its solution.

It was an honor to host you and we hope to be afforded with the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am always a bit apprehensive when staying at a resort that I have never been to before. It would be an understatement if I said that I thoroughly review traveler comments with regard to my intended destination. I take everything in, and find most comments useful and I hope you will find my advice handy as well.
First off, get the shuttle transfer from the airport, it's a lot cheaper than a taxi and you will no doubt meet other travelers that will be staying at the same resort. Do not be afraid to talk to whomever you can on the bus. You will always find someone who has been here before, and they always have something useful to say especially about tours and excursions. The bus ride is one hour exactly.
Second, I highly recommend getting the room upgrade. In our case, it was the Don Pablo Collection. This gives you a lot of extra perks like personal (no line) check-in, a personal butler, dinner reservations, private pool area, private beach area and access to premium libations. The fee is nominal, and worth the money.
The resort itself is beautiful! Take some time to explore it thoroughly! They will give you a little map at check-in and you should familiarize yourself with it by walking the grounds. Word of advice here, wear comfortable shoes because this place is huge. As you locate the buffets and specialty Restaurants, note their hours of operation.
Shopping, there are shops in the resort but if you want to get out and shop, there is a bus for that at 10:00am and 2:00pm. It costs $15 and they take you to town and drop you off for 2 hours. You will also get to see the relative locations of many of the other resorts you may have considered before choosing Bahia.
Overall I was very impressed with the Bahia and especially with my Butler Deon. She went above and beyond her duty by doing something special to our room since it was my wife's birthday during our stay. The Don Pablo lounge was also a great amenity to have access to, especially since it has high-speed internet, snacks and a bar with premium libations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jim,

We appreciate your informative and positive review. Thank you for letting us know that you have found the resort beautiful and are impressed overall with our performance.

It is thrilling to see that we have accomplished our goal of providing a good holiday and we look forward to host you again on your upcoming trip to Jamaica.

Yours sincerely,

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I just came back from Jamaica. I decided to go this resort as solo tourist. For service, when I arrived at hotel, bell boy asked me to leave my baggage and go to check-in. When I came back, bellboy said, you can go alone to room...if he doesn't bring my luggage to room, why he asked me to leave my luggage???( Just I am solo tourist, they don't care or what???) I got lost...
Anyway, Pro: even I went to this resort by myself, nobody bothered me, so for solo tourist can enjoy a vacation. ( So many familly were there, but not many young kids like a cancun...so it was quiet...)
For Bar, good quority of alcohol they used. I mean that it doesn't taste like a water...It was NICE! and I could choose many kinds of drinks. For food, buffet was nice, they changed menu daily. Night show was nice. We could see different show daily.
Con: At room: room was nice but not perfect clean. I found a lot of hairs. bath mat was missing, when I used coffee and ate chips, they didn't fill up...they just filled up mini bar...at buffet place, service was nice, but I chose Japanese restaurant one night, service took forever, one couple came after me but they finished before me...one bas boy had attitude ( not for me, for himself) when he cleaned up table, he acted terrible, so everybody watched him..it was not nice atomosphere... sushi was hard like a rock...For beach, I expected nice beach but it was small... For shop, they are overprice! double -triple price as regular...

If I want to come back this resot again? No...but it wasn't bad...you could enjoy...

Room Tip: Ocean view room, nice balcony and see nice sky at night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate to know that you have found the resort accommodating and amicable in regard as you have traveled alone and you found the adult beverages, food at buffets and entertainment all of your choice.

We have also noted your observations and we do apologize for the inconveniences. We have forwarded your comments to the persons in charge, so that they can take the measures to rectify where is needed.

We thank you for choosing our Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours respectfully,

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The boy and I vacationed at the Luxury Bahia in June for 4 nights and had a nice time. This was my first trip to Jamaica and his second; the island is truly beautiful. We had a car service to and from the Airport and felt safe the whole time. There's nothing better than sipping a Red Stripe on the way to the resort! We booked in the Luxury side of the resort, however, there was some confusion when we went to check in. We were eventually brought over the the Luxury check in and were treated to a cold glass of champagne. Peta Gay did her absolute best to rectify the confusion, showing us two rooms; one in the Luxury side and one in the main part of the hotel. We like the view of the room in the main hotel much better and chose that with the promise that we would still be delivered all of the amenities of the Luxury. The room was great. Beautiful view, always was cleaned and stocked, usually with a towel creature. It was so hot and humid outside it never felt like the room truly cooled down. The pool area was a cornered off section of the large pool with drink service. Each guest was given a corresponding wrist band depending on their package and while only Luxury should have been in the Luxury section, there was no policing of this. It was nice to have a drink brought to you and not have to get up, though the pool bar is just a swim away. They seemed to play Whitney Houston ad nausea, no reggae at the pool bar. The food was truly phenomenal. Don Pablo was the favorite; one of the best meals either of us have had and we are bone fid foodies. Hibachi was a close second. We did not care for the Italian restaurant at all, despite being on the water. I wouldn't recommend it at all, especially not for dinner on the last night like we did. There is a small buffet for the Luxury guests, that we only found on the last morning which was disappointing. We did however, enjoy eating breakfast on the porch of the main buffet. The jerk hut for lunch is festive and the food is good. The jerk chicken is a must. Room service was included in the Luxury package, but it took forever, maybe because we were in the main part of the hotel. On the last night we called for a bottle of champagne and ice to watch the sun set. After an hour and a half of waiting, it finally arrived, long after the sun had set and dinner reservations were approaching. The butler service was non-existent for us, perhaps again because of our location, not that I suspect we would have used it much anyway. However, we did see other families using it for check out. The lobby of the Luxury reception does have a bar and all labels are included, while it is extra in other bars of the resort. It was a good place to cool off and get a whiskey after dinner and use the wifi if you must stay connected. The entertainment at night wasn't the best we've seen at an all inclusive. The outdoor bar with a band closed at 10. The club was seedy and you have to pay for anything other than beer at the sports bar. We went to the karaoke bar one night with a few couples we met and though enjoyable (maybe because we were half in the bag) we wouldn't go again. For the most part all our drinks were served with a good amount of alcohol and if they aren't to your liking to just and get another! It's an all inclusive and you're on vacation! We enjoyed the people of Jamaica very much and would return to the island, but not to the Luxury Bahia.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Our main goal it is to fulfill all of our guests' expectations and it is with regret that we learnt you have not felt that way. Despite that you have found the room great and its view beautiful; you have enjoyed the housekeeping services, the phenomenal food at most of a la cartes and the jerk center and also the amenities of your package, there are some aspects of our performance that have caused you discomfort and we do apologize wholeheartedly for all the inconveniences.

We have taken good note of your observations and will make sure to inform to our managers in the sense to look further into it and take actions where needed.

We sincerely regret that you decided not to return to us and we wish you the best on future travels; however, it would be an honor for us to host you again in the future and provide you a more enjoyable vacation.

Yours respectfully,

Luxury Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!