“Deep Blue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jamaica Scuba Divers Ltd.

Jamaica Scuba Divers Ltd.
PO Box 6451, Runaway Bay JMCAN20, Jamaica
England
4 attraction reviews
“Deep Blue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My friend John and I had two dives with David and Fruity, we did the canyon, which is a wall dive, and the wreck dive. Both were great fun, visibility and sea life on the canyon dive were excellent, the weather had changed a bit for the second dive and visibility wasn't just as good, but still better than a lot of other places. The equipment I hired was absolutely fine, and the cost of hire and Dive was very reasonable IMO. If I return to Jamaica, I will definitely dive with Jamaica Scuba again.

Visited May 2014

Rockville, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“Annual vacation of diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had another great time diving with my second family, David and Fruity. We have been coming down to FDR for almost 10 years. The dive team is great, the dive sites are minutes from the resort and lots of cool sea life this year. Only suggestion is to get a bigger boat so you are not so cramped when you have more than six divers at a time. The team is friendly, funny and make you feel welcome. I also want to recognize their new boat driver, "broke up". He did a great job and was very helpful

Saint Augustine, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Cruise ship passengers had great dives with Scuba Jamaica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have been diving since 1976, with 30 dives so far this year and had a great time with Jamaica Scuba Divers (so, I really cannot agree with the previous review). We were on the Carnival Sunshine and booked the dives online with Christian before leaving on the cruise. Christian provided us with specific email directions and we had no problem finding him once we got off the ship. He transported us to Runaway Bay where we had time to organize our gear. We met Fruity, our Dive Master and then boarded the dive boat for a short ride to our first dive, the Canyons.

We have been diving around the Caribbean for the past few months and considered diving Jamaica at the last moment. I am so glad we did. The sea life was amazing and the visibility was 70+ feet. Just the three of us were on the dives and it was like having a guided tour of an aquarium. DM Fruity was very attentive and pointed out Sea Cucumbers, Garden Eels, Lion Fish, a Sea Turtle and much more. The formation of the Canyons was magnificent with steep walls full of life. During this portion of the dive we stayed at about 60' on the wall, but you could see that the dark blue depths below us. (DM Fruity was very popular on the reefs and a group of fish followed us from the very start hoping for a snack.) We moved to a shallower reef area and posed with a Red Stripe. If you like to photograph, you can hardly take a bad shot on this dive.

After the dive, we returned to the shop changed tanks, and headed to our second dive Silver Spray, a shallower reef that was also very healthy. We were able to see shrimp, porcupine fish, flounder, ray, arrow crab, and a huge assortment of corals and other reef life. Fruity was very professional and always kept track of our progress. For anyone who has been to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Isla Roatan, or other such Caribbean locations, you should certainly enjoy Jamaica as a very relaxing and beautiful dive location.

Christian and his staff were friendly and helpful. We were concerned about making it back to our cruise ship on time and Christian got us back to Montego Bay with time to spare - and he even stopped so that we could pick a couple of the local beers (ice cold and at non-tourist prices) - a very nice and thoughtful gesture.

Visited April 2014
Orlando, Florida
32 attraction reviews
“Better suited for new divers or refreshers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We booked online with Christian as our cruise line offered no scuba excursions for Jamaica. He provided transportation to Franklin D Resort and back outside Ocho Rios port to Runaway Bay for $15 per person, round trip. They operate a covered panga boat from a small dock. Our first dive was just my wife and I. We were somewhat disappointed that we weren't offered a deeper dive since we're both AOW certified. Second dive was a very shallow dive with 6 divers. Both dives were short and slow. Visibility was excellent with plentiful sea life. We visited Canyon and Paradise Reef, both 5 minutes from the resort. Surface interval was spent back at the resort. No water or snacks provided. Wrecks, planes, or walls were never offered or mentioned. I guess you have to be a guest at the resort for that privilege.

Visited March 2014
Salem, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Best diving in Jamaica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Christian has the best dive operation in Jamaica. Fantastic dive sites including ship wrecks planes, canyons, and walls. All of these are 100yds offshore. He is a great instructor and has certified my wife and I up to rescue diver over the years. All three of my kids are now certified thanks to Christian and his crew. Fruity is my son's favorite dive instructor, and is able to bring out the best in them all. The sites are so close that you don't miss the whole day. You leave after breakfast, can do two dives, and return before lunch. Don't dive with anyone else.

Visited December 2013