We stayed here for two weeks in September, despite reading bad reviews I like to make up my own mind.
I can say without a doubt that all those bad reviews were wrong, This is a fantastic resort in the best location.
The resort itself is extremely clean, beautiful beaches all 3 cove, they are kept constantly clean and racked every morning, with plenty of sunloungers, The gardens were always being tended to and maintenance always around if you needed anything doing.
The pools are kept clean and always a life guard around on the beach and at the pools with plenty of sunloungers.
The food can be a little bland at times maybe one or two dishes but there are over 10 dishes at a time to choose from, but there is more than enough to chose from and more than enough to eat, The Breakfast was the best especially the omelettes made to order.mmmm
The drinks are plenty-full and lots to choose from especially the cocktail menu and the Bar staff will make you anything you want even fresh fruit smoothies ( Wonderfull).
I haven't a bad word to say about any of the staff, we never met a rude one and never ever felt threatened by any one,, even outside the hotel. where we went often.We got to know the locals and drank in two great bars outside the resort..Big Links and British Bulldog.The staff work tirelessly to make sure you have a great holiday and will always help you..Never expecting a tip..But tipping when you know how much they get paid is nothing( a few dollars does not kill anyone to tip. Especially when you get to know them (and you will).
The Entertainment at times was a little bit of a let down but you could still have a laugh and that's what a great holiday is about,
The cottages were always cleaned and a great size, plenty of wardrobe space. Flat screen TV and super large comfortable bed.. Hammocks all around the ground to laze on and chill out.
If you plan to go to this resort, get out of the resort and use the locals to get around and walk to the local bars you will be safe and well looked after. Be polite and respectful like any other country you would go to..Yes it is a poor country but the are the friendliest funniest people.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone and have already booked to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica