I am not going to talk about the French at the hotel, yes they are noisy, all the women puff like chimney pots and their sense of style is non existent. Enough said.
I travelled with my daughter and have just returned from a wonderful week at this lovely layed back hotel. We stayed in a garden hut which was spotless, we loved the big walk in wardrobe a first for us and our maid was wonderful, clean towels every day and our huge king size bed made every day with lovely flower arrangements.
The food is very good, wonderful salad bar, lots of hot dishes and if you have a sweet tooth you will love the desserts. There is also a selection of ice creams at dinner to choose from. Yes the rum and raisin is delicious but so is the coconut and strawberry!
Breakfast was our favourite, six tropical juices to select, omlettes to order with all sorts of fillings, fried eggs to order, scrambled already prepared and of course the wonderful crispy bacon. Cereals, cakes, pastries, cheeses, ham, the list goes on, you certainly will not go hungry or thirsty.
In the afternoon you can to go the Thai Restaurant which doubles up as a burger, hot dog, pizza restaurant from 3 to 5pm and then later at night 11 till 1am for a late snack.
Drinks flow, loads of rum cocktails choose from the list or just go through it!! Beer is good and they do a mean vodka and tonic.
The beach is spotlessly clean and there is plenty of shade and beds. There are loads of beautiful fish to see and they have sunk a bus to make a reef where you can snorkle and see wonderful sea life. Life guards on on duty two points on the beach and round the two swimming pools. Very safe!
Evening entertainment is fun and concentrates around the main bar and the stage where the live shows are held every night. I cannot express how lovely the fun team are they work so hard and are just so friendly. Big thank you to Snoopy who is just so funny. Also a big big thank you to Dave who looked after us from day one. Let me tell you as other guests have told you the staff at the Decameron are wonderful, always a hello, a smile, a chat, they cannot do enough for you and I have travelled to several Caribbean Islands, what warm and friendly people the Jamacians are.
Yiou can go outside the hotel and visit the shops no problem. You will get hassled by people wanting to sell you something but just say no and they leave you alone
There are so many trips to see the Island but as we were only here for week we did two and shopping in Eight Rivers (ocha rios).
Bob Marley - fan or not this is one to do, it is spiritual with a bit of fun thrown in. Both he and his mother's mausoleum is beautiful, his music is playing it is just a wonderful experience.
Dunns falls, this is must also, great fun again a beautiful place.
We travelled with First Choice and went Premium, if you are able, do upgrade to Premium. Our flight out and back was superb. Both our crews were so lovely and attentive, They certainly look after you on TOM air and First Choice/Thompson you should be proud of your staff even check in was fun just smily faces!!
We cannot wait for our next trip to the wonderful Caribbean in September.
Thank you Royal Decameron and Thomson/First Choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica