we booked with first choice, we were looking for a chilled holiday, we certainly got that.
Everyone is looking for something different in a holida,y as we spoke to people whilst in decameron and there were conflicting views. So here is my spin on it,
Food was fantastic really well cooked, great selection at breakfast , lunch and dinner, tender meats and catering for all tastes, they do various sauces to cater for taste mild, tasty and hot, every lunch and dinner they had at least two choices on the carvery, inluding beef. pork, ham, lamb. turkey, chicken. trout various fish options, weds and sat were Jamaican nights so jerk pork and chicken, curried goat, yams sweet potatoes, and plenty of selections of other foods, there is a large selection of deserts but also always ice cream, they also have a snack bar where from 12 to 5 daily they do burgers, pizza etc, they also serve snacks between 11 and 12 nightly.
Bars there are 2 the main bar is quite lively with lots of entertainment, there is also a jetty bar where you can go and just have a quite drink on some great seating (swing seats) around the bar,
Rooms we found our room really functional and very clean, we had a garden bungalow, in it there was a king size bed in the bedroom downstairs, upstairs there was a mezz with 2 single beds, then there was a sitting room with chairs and a tv , and of course a bathroom, there was air con in the bedroom and in the sitting room, everything in our room worked really well,
Service again humans are individual we do not always get along, but i can say that everyone we were served by was at the very least polite, and in the extreme totally fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for a lot of the staff, if you were cynical you could say they do it for the tips, but i believe that they really want you to have a great experience so that you will come back to Jamaica.
Pools there are 2 the one by the bar is lively with entertainment all day and night. the other is an adult only pool which is quiet, but has a bar from 10 to 5, The beaches are quiet and there are loungers every where, you will never be fighting over loungers. Some of the breakwaters look tired and uncared for, and maybe they should do some work on these, but they do not affect the holiday, there are canoes and pedal boats, and snorkelling all inluded, you pay for motorised sports, the big chess set was popular whilst we were there, they also have board games for rainy times or to keep the kids occupied.
Do not be put off by romours of going out of the resort, go and meet the locals and spend some money with them, they want you to have a great time also.
The other comment i read before going was that they only cater for the french this is not true the entertainment is in english, but they translate into french, and the other thing that is organised is that between 7.30 and 8.30 each evening they have a quiz for the french down at the jetty bar, we went to join them a couple of nights, could not understand it but the sense of fun was great,
This sums it up for me , one day when we had a shower the management sent tea and coffe around all the bars for us, i thought this was a great touch.
Try this resort you will find it infectious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica