We just returned from this resort on Friday - had a wonderful vacation, simply put.
Check in was a breeze - the only thing is that we had to pay something like 28 dollars for some fee, so bring some cash if you don't want to put something that small on your credit card.
The villa that we stayed in was very clean, bathrooms only have a shower - no bathtub, but that's ok. And my husband and I found the bed to be sooooooo comfy! Definitely nice to settle into after a good day - and, if you want to "chill" for the night, they have pretty much all the american channels on their tv's - more than any other resort I have ever stayed at. Room cleaning was amazing also - I have never had such good service.
The food was amazing - I actually gained 5 lbs over our stay. The chicken and pork were excellent, and they have a thai, italian and jamaican themed food nights - which were all exceptional.
The staff were the friendliest people that I have ever met while on vacation - we were always greeted with a smile and good conversation. (be a pleasant person, and people will be pleasant to you)
The only thing that I have that was bad to say about the resort was the beach area - while it was quite big, we never had to worry about not getting beach chairs - the swimming is not great there, and there are quite a few rocks once you get walking out into the water. but if you like to sit by the pool - the pool areas were great... the "adult" pool was nice and quiet during the day, and the main pool had lots of entertainment and activities throughout the days.
Lastly - the Jetty Bar - there is nothing better than enjoying a beverage on a big deck, overlooking the ocean.
I will be going back for sure one day - and would recommend staying here to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Runaway Bay about an hour from Montego Bay International Airport, the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean is located in one of the most beautiful and picturesque place of the island, populated by friendly and happy people. This hotel's architecture offers incredible paths through the gardens and terraces until you reach the 2 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults and another with all the facilities for children. This hotel also has a long dock for sunbathing. The cottage-style rooms bring a tropical environment and let you enjoy the peace of the beach where you can partake in a large variety of water sports. Its restaurants offer many different types of cuisine which range from typical Jamaican flavors to the exquisite tastes of Asian food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Decameron Club Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Hotel Caribbean
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Caribbean
- Royal De Cameron
- Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Caribbean Club Decameron Royal
- Club Decameron Jamaica Royal
- Royal Decameron Club Caribbean Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Club Jamaica