“Holliday and Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

You added Royal Decameron Club Caribbean to your Saves list
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Street Runaway Bay | Jamaica, Runaway Bay Jamaica, Jamaica   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
sunderland
“Holliday and Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We Traveled to the Royal Decameron in April 2012 for our wedding.I can only say that from the very first moment up till the last moment everything was just perfect,the staff and I mean ALL staff were absolutely marvelous in every way.Our special day was even more than we had dared to hope for we had a wedding that we will never forget made perfect for us by people going out of their way to incorporate our wishes.Food was plentiful and varied and of a good standard.Drinks were great you could have anything you wanted just ask and you got it.These people work long hours for a small reward but i never encountered any one not wearing a smile, there are to many names to mention but thank you all,but beware we will be returning to this little gem of a place

Room Tip: Numbers between 30/60....Central
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Wedding Holiday In Jamaica
when we first arrived i wasn't very happy with the room i was allocated and had to upgrade. I was happy with the upgrade. All the staff and entertainment team were very friendly and made my holiday brilliant ( apart from the bar manager who i found very rude) The bed was really big and comfy, the shower and toilet wasn't so good. We had a few power cuts at night. The food wasn't excellent but it wasn't too bad. The beach was beautiful and the entertainment around the pool through the day was good. I would go back if the rooms were a bit better, overall it was a lovely experience and we have all fallen in love with the country and the people:)

Room Tip: cottage rooms are a lot better ,beach view rooms are loud with sea, and garden rooms are too small.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Will keep this short and sweet:

Positives:
- Nice staff (apart from one older waiter that was present for breakfast/lunch who was extremely rude and ignored everything you asked him).
- From speaking to those staying at hotels with greater 'stars' that had brought a day pass for this hotel, the other hotels were much more formal than this hotel and they much preferred this resort based on the fun, authentic Jamaican, relaxed atmosphere.
- Good entertainment every evening.
- 2 different bars, one more quieter one more busy which was nice.
- All inclusive

Negatives:
- Bathrooms in the cottages were disgusting, we had leaks for 2 of the days that we were there.
- They did not serve any international drinks.
- They had cats roaming around their restaurants.
- The wine they served tasted like vinegar so i went out and brought my own
- Food in the main restaurant was pretty much the same for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day

Overall if this resort refurbed their rooms/BATHROOMS and offered more variety in food/drinks i would go back.

Room Tip: Would recommend sea front rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carshalton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I picked this resort as I did not want to stay in a large hotel complex. I was not disappointed with the cute little cottages. The staff were really helpful and friendly, from the reception to the life guards. The rooms where pretty basic, but I didn't go there to stay in the room. The complex has lovely restaurants and good food, something for everyone. If you wanted entertainment and noise you could have it but there is also nice little spots on the beach to have peace and quiet. I will definitely go back there another year, my partner is nagging to go to the same place next year already. Lots of things for kids and teenagers to do. The only thing that was a shame is that the beach is man made but still a lovely place though, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: I would pick the cottages every time not the little apartments. The cottages away from the main pool...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went in February this year...was our third visit in 2 yrs as we loved it so much! Sad to say it was a disappointment on our return this year. Apparently during the period nov- April a French company have all but taken over ! The English, American and Canadians were mostly sent to sister hotel nearby. On our arrival having booked for a cottage garden ( and double checked with travel agent,and been assured that was what we would get) they offered us an " upgrade" to a courtyard room. When we declined and said we had paid for a cottage and that is what we wanted,they admitted they had no cottages available! After a lot of fuss and my husband insisting he spoke to manager,we were told they would find us a cottage the next day.This they did but in the meantime we had to stay overnight in courtyard room ,which meant we were unable to unpack.
It seems the French company get preference and the rest of us get what's left.We were in fact lucky as almost all Americans and Canadians are taken straight to the sister hotel without any choice whatsoever. The entertainment was not of the usual standard and became tedious with the continual French translation.We personally really missed mixing with the Americans and Canadians.
Having said that ,the food was still good for a 3* ,and we love the staff and the cottages. The cleanliness is also superb .We were very aware that the staff this time were unhappy with the situation now and as the French seemed not to tip,they were virtually fighting over who would serve the English as they rely heavily on their tips.
Would we go back ? Definately not between nov-April if they continue to give the French company preference!

Room Tip: We did go along to the sister hotel to eat a few times and if you are happy to stay in a hotel you w...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
us
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I loved this property it is clean..people are very nice...hard working locals!!!! The food was a great selection I personally didnt do much drinking...so I cant comment on that..The rooms were awesome individual bungalows plenty of room!!! They were replacing some of the roofs while we were there. The only thing I didnt care for was the nighttime entertainment...boring and lousy need to freshen that up..plenty of beach space for everyone and plenty of privacy..I am definately going here again! I was trsansfered over from the sister hotel Fun Carribean do to the accessability I had to the bathroom Thank you management...:)

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I went down to Club Caribbean to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We were there between Sept 6 - 10 2012 and we had a really wonderful time! The atmosphere, staff and scenic beauty of the hotel really transported you to a whole new level of serenity and peace. If you like big exciting resorts then Club Caribbean's slower pace isn't for you. But if your into going at your own pace then make haste to visit! That is not to say that the place is boring - not even close. The surroundings are immaculately clean, yes the rooms could use updating but it's nothing you can't live with, the staff are friendly and kind big up Kemesha and Dwight at the front desk. Once you get on the property ALL activities are included!! Note this closely as at the other more glamorous hotels you have to pay for each activity eg glass bottom boat, snorkelling etc. I have seen reviews that claim all sorts of things and that the food is bad......I found the food good. Some items were hit and miss like the chicken dishes but the fish OMG oh so good. Bottom line you will find something good to eat each time. I have seen people write that the food wasn't good because the sausages were served cut up instead of whole....gimme a break. DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ. Come and experience the place for yourself. Some people are simply unreasonable. It's a 3 star hotel Adjust your expectations according and bring some of your must have creature comforts if you must. My hubby has to have plush toilet paper so he brought that while I brought my fav body washes etc. all in all I love this place! I am a local who has been to many hotels around the island and Club Caribbean is definately worth more than one visit. Heading down again towards the end of the year! Hoot hoot.

Room Tip: Definately get a hut! Doesn't matter if it's a garden or beach front. The hotel is small and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Decameron Club Caribbean? Share your experiences!