Luxury villa private pool/beach on golf course

Pool

z00dle
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“...fantastic...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

We have just returned from a two week holiday at Sevilla Villa, Runaway Bay. I felt quite sad looking at the pictures of the villa on this site as I just wanted so much to be there again. This villa is truly beautiful, ideally situated, comfortable and very well equipped. Clare welcomed us on our first night as weary travellers a feast was waiting for us on our arrival. She was so kind and helpful even taking us to a local surgery when my partner needed to see a dentist after he complained of toothache.
Miss Monica provided us with delicious and filling dinners and the occasional breakfast on demand which was cooked to perfection - the ackee and saltfish with plaintains wasa particular favourite. Paulette kept the place clean and fresh and was always so helpful - nothing was too much to ask and we were always met with a smile and an 'okay'. Rallins was always there when you needed him, keeping the pool clean and the beautiful gardens well kept. We were a large family group of aunties, mums , brothers and sisters, grandparents, young people and a teenager. Despite the varied age ranges we were all able to find something to keep us occupied - from playing golf, horse riding in the sea at Chukka Cove, Dunns River Falls, swimming in the bio–luminescent waters at Luminous Lagoon at Glistening Waters in Falmouth, having a RedStripe at Flavours whilst watching the local characters working the public beach, the delicious lobster at Sharkies bar. We learned to get around by the very helpful and cheap taxis or squeezing onto the local bus which although already seemed packed would always find room for a few more. Sevilla Villa is a truly memorable place to stay which made the holiday just perfect. I have so much to say but cannot fit it all in...I would recommend this villa to anyone contemplating a holiday in Runaway Bay.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Apr 9, 2013
Dear Sharon,

Thanks so much for your kind words of appreciation, you have a wonderful family and we do hope we get an opportunity to welcome you again to Sevilla Villa.

I sincerely hope the weather is improving back home and that this summer turns into a real British Summer for you all. I will keep in touch and hope we meet again sometime!!

Kind regards from Clare, Miss Monica, Paulette & Rallin
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Clarendon and london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful
4 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Taz B
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Sevilla Villa - A villa to remember!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 for a stay in December 2012

We were a group of 10 of us staying at the Sevilla Villa over the Christmas holiday. We arrived at Montego Bay airport and were picked up by a driver with a mini bus arranged through Clare the owner of the villa. Upon our arrival we were greeted by Clare and I felt at ease and welcomed.
The Villa is located in Runaway Bay, with four rooms and the swimming pool being the centre point of the villa. I stayed in room one at the villa and every morning I woke up with pure fulfilment being able to dip my feet in the pool and then from the balcony take in the views of the golf course, with a glimpse of the ocean in the distance.
The villa was well looked after and Paulette- the maid ensured all our rooms were clean and provided with clean towels daily. Furthermore any issues we had, Clare was quick to respond and made sure they were looked into as soon as possible.
Clare was also on hand to suggest and direct us to tourist attractions. I and another person staying at the Villa were particularly keen on experiencing the nightlife of Jamaica and we took Clare’s advice on places to go and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!
Miss Monica the cook at the villa embraced such warmth and always had a smile on her face. She provided us with Jamaican meals a few times during our stay there and the food was absolutely divine. She even provided us with a feast to tuck into on Christmas day and have to say that Miss Monica just topped off my Christmas – best so far! The only downfall was that we did not have time to sample her breakfast.
Our time at the Sevilla hotel was a holiday I will not forget and this was all thanks to Clare, Paulette, Miss Monica and not forgetting Rallin the Gardener, who also made sure the pool was clean every day. I and the rest of us would definitely stay at the villa again.
For anyone considering this place – I would highly recommend the Sevilla Villa!

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
5 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses
5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words, you are most welcome to come back and see again. Also returning guests automatically get a discount!! Great!! Happy New Year for 2013
gasman197...
Vancouver, Canada
“The whole family loved the villa and the staff was 2nd to none”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

We just got back from a brilliant week in Jamaica where we stayed at the lovely Sevilla Villa. We traveled as a family of 8, consisting of one year old twins, a three year old, a six year old, a senior, and 3 adults.

Because I know Claire will be reading all the reviews, and every voice counts. I want to extend an additional thank you to the staff, Monica, Rallin, and Paulette who took great care of us. Claire and her daughter Rosey were wonderful hosts as well. You guys all did a great job and our whole family thanks you for a comforting and wonderful holiday.

The journey there was nothing short of an adventure, seeing as we drove ourselves from the Kingston Manley airport. Seemed like a good idea at the time, we have family in Kingston and welcomed the challenge. The drive was a challenge to say the least, and when we arrived at the villa, Rallin had to chase us down because we couldn't find the address. That's my only note, they need better street signage on the front entrance. Right away I was impressed with Rallin's ability to sprint down the street in bare feet on the pavement. I was getting shin splints just watching him, I had to throw an extra Canadian $5 on top of the regular tip just because.

Claire was a generous host, she made sure that all our needs were looked after. Anything we wanted moved or had suggestions about was looked after in a timely manner. She had just recently installed a safety barrier around the pool so all the kids were safe to run and play as children will do. The twins, in their one year old wisdom would get into anything and everything that baby could. Apart from it being a big padded room, or a bouncy castle, the villa felt very safe for all the kids, although we kept a close eye on them (as any parent would) we felt very comfortable they could play around without any life threatening danger.

The rooms were spacious and clean. Claire had just finished some renovations and updates to the building. There was AC in all the rooms. The beds were all king sized and to my liking. The pool was clean and fresh. Monica the cook was so wonderful and I just can't say enough good about her. The wifi came in handy every day for Skyping people. The beach was close by, private, and quite. The beach is a walk away but we chose to drive there, the kids absolutely loved the beach, almost as much as the pool. I really enjoyed my time at Sevilla Villa, and I really cannot find anything negative to say about it.

If you are not familiar with Jamaica I would recommend you let Claire pick you up from the Montego Bay Airport, and drive you to the villa, you will avoid the whole address confusion thing.

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 2 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: I really enjoyed Monica's cooking, the kids loved the pool, and we all like the safety railing around the pool.
Liked least: No address or signage in the front of the villa, too hard to find.
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Nov 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation. I hope you all come back to see us soon!! It was indeed a pleasure to meet you all and I am so glad you had a great time!!!
Jonathan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 for a stay in July 2012
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Aug 13, 2012
Thank you so much Jasmine for your kind words of appreciation. Just to let you know that we have now designed a creche fitting for young children that attaches to all the poles around the pool, so next time you come, you need not worry about the little ones and you can relax and enjoy!! We are all looking forward to seeing you again.
All the very best
$550
Night
Week
How to book this rental
Submit an inquiry to the owner using the above make inquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Peace of Mind Protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 22 days ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing