“A very comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Ambiance

Save Saved
You added Club Ambiance to your Saves list
Club Ambiance
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road, PO Box 20 | Saint Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Runaway Bay
Waldorf, MD
“A very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

Myself and BF went to Jamaica to celebrate his 40th. The resort was very cozy and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. The food....I didn't like. The american dishes they served or was made available didn't taste like I am used to. My BF enjoyed the food. I guess I"m just too picky. Other than that, we had a great stay. If you want a nice and inexpensive resort for couples, CA is the way to go.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

1,227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Just got back from an 8 day stay. After reading other reviews we were a little nervous, but were pleasently surprised.
Yes the hotel is old, but is well maintained. The room are oversized and equiped similar yo a mid-pticed USA hotel, only thing missing is a clock. The property and rooms are kept very clean.
The staff, service and food were great. If you want something special talk to Mr.Lawrence, he'll do his best to accomadate.
Try to arrive on a Tuesday. Then you can use Wednesday as a recovery day at the resort. This a day packed with acrivities, you can participate or just watch, it's entertaining either way.
In terms of tours we used the cabs outside (Fabian our driver) the hotel and Yardie tours (www.yardietours.com - Christopher our driver) both were excelent. They were the same or lower than the main tour operators, but your in a private car instead of with a group.
We stoped to shop, eat, and drink localy. Staying as long or as short as we wanted and paying much less than at regular tourist stops. Example:
We were looking at T shirts with Christopher. We thought they were reasonable at $5 US each, but he said no. Then took us to the Tajmahal Center in Ocho Rios. Upstairs is Pay-Less offering 6 T shirts for $ 20.00 a store 2 doors down offers the same price with a slightly different selection.
If you want Jewlery etc Diamonds Forever is in the same plazea downstairs, tucked in the corner.
Have fun, and enjoy. We'll go back to Club Ambiance (as do many others) before long as it's going to be tough to beat the value and service.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

My wife and I like to travel. We have been to Hawaii, on cruises, but Jamaice is our favorite getaway. This was our 4th trip there. We prefer the all-inclusive packages. We have stayed at 4 stars and 2 stars resorts. We think this was our favorite and will return.

Yes, this resort is small and not the greatest beach. If you want to walk on the beach, go to Negril. But if you love small, quiet, relaxing resorts, this is the one for you. The staff really takes the time to get to know you and remembers your name. Casandra at the check-in always called us by name and inquired whether we were satisfied. There was a small problem with our bathroom plumbing. We were offered our choice of rooms and moved within a half hour. The room was as clean as other rooms we have had. We don't go on vacation to stay in the room!! Never had a problem with water pressure and always had plenty of hot water for showers.

The food was the best we have had at a resort. Always plenty of choices and the servers never let your water glass be empty. Tenaj even went the extra mile to get us drinks from the bar.

The entertainment and staff were great. Always good music and laughs. Phillip and others at the bar always remembered what we usually ordered and had it ready when we headed that way.

Enjoyed visiting with other guests. One couple from England was there for the 7th time. Think that speaks well of the resort and staff.

The pool area and beach were cleaned regularly and always in top shape.

One of the best parts of our trip was meeting with our tour guide, Kevin, who our kids met 2 years ago. He transported us from the airport to the resort and back to the airport. He took us on a day long tour and showed us the "real Jamaica", through the rain forrest, up to Murphy's point, to a pottery place, and shopping in Ocho Rios. He also took us for lunch at "Scotchies"- had the best jerk pork and chicken. We always felt safe and secure with him--no hassel from the market vendors. If anyone would like to hire him, be sure to email us for his phone number. He has his own business and depends on word of mouth for his referenes. He told us about plants and places that other tour guides seldom take the time for.

overall, this is the place we have been looking for.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
phila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

It was a bit further from the airport than I expected; but the shuttle (a car) was there & ready to take me as soon as I arrived.
Wasn't able to get checked in till 3- but enjoyed waiting by the pool, so it was ok.
This is my 5th time to an all inclusive in Jamaica by myself & it was just as I expected.
Not luxorious; but small and relaxing, it's what it is described to be! If you are looking for a luxory hotel, this is not the place!
My room was fine, a/c worked, shower, etc all were comfortable and working- I liked that it wasn't a hi rise and my room, although not ocean front as described, was close enough to see & walk to the ocean w/ my morning coffee (coffee maker in room was a plus and a frig)
Staff were accomodating & not overbearing-
I thought the beach was fine; but it wasn't the best for sure- but if u like to lay out and enjoy the ocean breeze, it is perfect & there are many shaded areas as well. There is no lack of chairs or towels.
Food- Enjoy your breakfast, because that is really the only good meal there! But I didn't come for the food & was certainly able to make a meal at lunch, dinner and there is a grill, though it closes too early in my opinion! The burgers were fine for lunch! Dinner- just really bad...but there was always rice & veggies available and dessert was good! But they do run out of things and don't replenish if you like to eat later......
I was there for a short trip to relax & for me, it was perfect- visited the Bob Marley museum, the ride is an adventure in itself! There are plenty of other tours, etc- but I have done most of them in the past & didn't have enough time to venture out!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Reisend
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

The staff are fine and the food is fine. What you would expect for 2 or 3 stars. However, the rooms are rough. The rooms have problems that do not relate to stars (amenities), but to upkeep and cleanliness. Problems like doors literally falling off, tiles lying about, and things in the shower that could not be identified. The beach is for laying out, not swimming or even playing in the water. If you are on a really tight budget, Club Ambiance is worth considering as long as you know the caveats.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

Tiny man-made beach. Tiny place in general, with no room to breath. Food was Ok, staff was Ok. Room was typical for the price. Nothing special here, but - if you're going there to stay drunk and play dumb cruise ship games - you'll love it. Lots of drunk Europeans, alot of people who were too scared to leave the grounds. No kids is a plus.
For this price, it's a decent pit stop for those who want to get out and see the island, make sure you try the tours, or hire one of the staff to drive you around for $100 bucks or so plus lunch. DON'T MISS YS Falls, Alligator Pond, Black River, Luminous Lagoon. Skip Mobay, Kingston, and Ochee - too many cars and tourists.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

Let's see if i can get this review to stay posted...My boyfriend and I traveled to this resort in May 2009. We booked our trip several months in advance and were very excited for this vacation. From the time that we landed to the day we left-we had issues. To start with we booked through a online travel site (not to name any names "cheap....."). What a disappointment! We have now learned that they will not accept responsibility for the hotels that they represent. Secondly, the hotel is in bad shape. Our room, which faced the pool, did not have a flushable toilet or working hair dryer. We spoke to the staff-nothing was done. In the am, once out of the room, you would be overwhelmed by the smell of sewage. I am not sure that our room was cleaned the entire time we were there; we often found little "presents" waiting for us. Again, I want to keep this review posted-so I have to be nice. (If you email me, I will be happy to share the whole story.) The grounds are decent, nothing to write home about. While on this compound, we noticed cigarettes and dirty glasses, etc laying around. The beaches are nonexistent. The sand is coarse and the water is filled with slimy seaweed. The hotel staff appeared friendly to some of the guests, just not us. The bar staff seemed put out if asked for a drink....
We weren't expecting much, but did want to feel that our $$ was appreciated and well spent. If we wanted to rough it, we would have stayed in a tent. Instead, we wasted decent money and vacation time here. We would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone- and will not ever return

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!