“Another wonderful vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Ambiance

You added Club Ambiance to your Saves list
Club Ambiance
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road, PO Box 20 | Saint Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Ontario
“Another wonderful vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Club Ambiance is an older small adults only resort. If you are looking for a 5-star with a la carte restaurants, big entertainment shows and luxury amenities, then this is not the resort for you. However, if you are looking for a quiet, relaxed holiday, then this people-friendly hotel is the one to choose. All the wait staff in the restaurant, the cooks,and the bartenders are great and they love to interact with the guests and make you feel at home. The food is buffet -- good but not a lot of choice but that means you won't get fat! They do have a separate grill that serves hamburgers, hotdogs, french fries and wraps in the afternoon. As noted, the beach area is small but you can always find a lounger at the beach and the pool. There are tours available (either thru your rep or the hotel facility) to take you to all the tourist sites on the island. The management takes pride in its service and will go the extra to ensure you have a trouble-free stay. They are constantly trying to update the facility and make improvements whenever they can. We have been coming here a lot and always had a good time at Club Ambiance, They make us feel welcome and special and we will continue to return. Thanks again!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ClubAmbianceJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Club Ambiance, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
We extend many thanks to you giving us your review.
We are known for our extraordinary staff and their quality services extended to our guest. And so, we do appreciate you acknowledge our service.

We are happy that you always have a good time here at our Resort, in spite of minor concerns, which we do appreciate as a constructive criticism.
As you mentioned, we are constantly updating and improving our facilities, so as to make your stay as comfortable as expected.
Looking forward in seeing you again for another relax vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

When we booked at club ambiance, we didn't know what to expect. We stayed for (4) days.... ok let's get right to it, I'm going to tell you what I thought about club ambiance.
The hotel is small, the rooms are dated. The hotel needs to be freshened up a bit, some paint here and there, the pool was ok, the beach is not much of a beach, but was ok to lounge and float around. Ping pong and pool tables and dart board we're falling apart, the disco smelled. After saying what I said about the hotel.. Me and my wife wound still go back, because the extraordinary service of the staff, over shadows the appearance of the hotel. They made us feel great.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your review.
We are currently in a continuing renovation process to get areas of concern in great order.
We do acknowledge that our hotel is fairly not a modern style hotel and is working assiduously to maintain all areas of concern.
I am very happy that you will still be back for our warm service and hospitality from our extraordinary staff.

Thanks again.
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Just back from 2 weeks at CA. It was exactly as I expected. A 3 star resort with 5 star service. I love all of the staff. And had a great time with the other guests. There was never a problem getting a lounger by the beach or the pool. The food was really good. Not much to choose from at the buffet but that was to be expected as there weren't many guests. Our garden view room was very nice. We did not need an upgrade and loved the location of it. Entertainment crew and bartenders were lots of fun and the servers were great too. I also really enjoyed the house band. The ocean was disappointing, only a little better than knee deep, but I knew that before I went. So we walked to Flavours and enjoyed the public beach. I also took the free bike ride to Green Grotto Caves and highly recommend going. The caves were pretty cool. I also became friends with Dolly in the gift store. Stop in and say hello. She loves meeting the guests. I only had two issues with my stay. We didn't have a clock in our room and did not receive a wakeup call as requested on our last morning. Not good since our bus left for the airport at 5:40am. My other problem was purchasing a day pass for a friend. The guest book in the room says that the cost of a day pass is $40US. The front desk told me $55. So I spoke to Syd (a manager) and he told me that the price is $65 and that he would need to remove the book from my room. Things seemed to be going from bad to worse. Gilbert (another mananger) was not on the property that day so I couldn't go to him for help with this situation. After a few hours I was informed that I could purchase a pass for $40 and the book had been returned to my room. That whole ordeal ruined my afternoon. I have never been told "no" in Jamaica. Only "no problem". But everything worked out fine in the end and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We do appreciate you taking the time out to give us your review.

First I want to apologize for the inconvenience cause during your stay here.
As it was, everything worked out fine in the end, and we a happy that it did.
"a 3 star resort with a 5 star service' is indeed what we do.
We are looking forward in accommodating you again in the near future.

Thank you.
Sussex, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Prior to visiting Runaway Bay last week, I sent the Club Ambiance an email requesting a visit to the property as I wanted to see the value this little 3 star had to offer...I typically like to sell minimum 4 stars but thought that this property would have potential for a select group of my valued clients and wanted to take the opportunity to view it myself.
Since I hadn't heard a response, I decided to visit the hotel with hopes being able to see it...the gate agent allowed my taxi driver to take me to the lobby and the not so friendly desk agent told me to have a seat and she would call the manager. He came down within 5 minutes and told me I was not able to view the hotel without an appointment. I told him I understood it was short notice but asked if I could just view the pool area escorted by him and my request was denied.
I will not be selling this little gem. .

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed at Club ambiance between March 12th -16th and had a great time. They have three beaches the #1. Prude beach #2 Clothing Optional Beach and #3 Nude beach.....quite an experience. Perhaps the best part about this is the staff, they are very friendly and work as a team to keep the tourists time occupied and enjoyable while giving a real taste of Jamaican music and food. For the price I would recommend Club ambiance much higher than the larger chain hotels as you are more likely to have a relaxing and safe vacation here than anywhere else. 5 stars!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the ocean and not directly over the bar area. Quieter that way.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your review.

We do appreciate you extending appreciation to our staff and their effort in making your vacation an enjoyable one.

We do look forward in accommodating you soon!

Mansfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I would of given this resort 5's across the board.... The food was really good... It is exactly what the reviews say it is... A three star at best... But the staff is wonderful... Rooms appeared to be clean. The a/c worked... The pool was nice... However towards the end of our stay, my bf and I noticed that we had bites all over... I brushed it off thinking it was from being outside at nite... They were really itchy and when we came home yesterday, I immediately went to the drs this am to be told they were bed bug bites!!!! Ughhhhh I am so grossed out I can't even tell you!!!! Very disappointed! We stayed in room 34!!!! Fix this club ambiance!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Biddeford, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was our first year visiting Jamaica. Choosing Club Ambiance was made easy thru our group AT-Travelers. We found the staff to be our new friends, with bar tenders making drinks that we created just for us! They all knew our names, and we knew theirs. Our group was made to feel very welcomed.
Our room was so beautiful! Clean n neat, with a flower placed on our bed...nice touch! Our balcony overlooked the pool, so we could see the many shades of blue sea thru the palm trees. A tropical paradise, very romantic, many memories made n cherished.
I'd also like to add how wonderful the gift shop was! Dolly made us smile n feel like royalty every time we walked in the door to say hello to her. It was sweet. The staff that made trip tours were very helpful as well. They work hard! Jerry Jackson n the band were very entertaining, as well as the many performers they had that week.
We are already planning our return trip with our group next February! Thanks to all of the staff, who made our trip so magical. <3
Lisa and Bull

Room Tip: For a view of the ocean...2nd floor is best!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!