“Relaxed, Excellent Service, Slightly Tired” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Ambiance

Orbitz.com Expedia.com
Club Ambiance
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road, PO Box 20 | Saint Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Runaway Bay
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Relaxed, Excellent Service, Slightly Tired”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

15 days of pure, blissful relaxation, hammocks, cocktails, deep azure sea, foot massage on the beach, enjoyed scuba dive, little boats, hair braiding, Dunnes River Fall climb, colourful markets of Ocho Rios, 110% effort of the staff to keep you entertained, fantastic selections of food, spacious comfortable bungalows, resort could do with a bit of smartening up, but nothing spoiled it for us.
Went Jan 2007 but it flatly refuses to allow me to put the real date

Room Tip: we had a room next to major refurb going on, we asked to move and they moved us within the hour, to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1,212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The staff really do make this place. Mellonie, Phillip, Storm, Carlos, Hopdsen were very courteous and helpful.
I wasn't prepared to be offered marijuana at the resort or to be propositioned by a staff member when my husband was not with me at the pool. This was a little off putting.
The hotel itself is dated and a little run down and the little ants can be pesky. However, it is kept clean and the grounds and foliage are beautiful. There were only a few other guests so it was very quiet except for the loud traffic on the main road and the loud music from the club across the street.
We did not have hot water for two days and when I complained about it to the front desk, the gal at the front was rather indifferent. She said they were working on it. That was said the first day and it wasn't fixed. I was not happy when my husband and I went to lunch. We were talking about our lack of hot water amongst several guests when our server, Hopdsen asked us if everything was satisfactory. We told him about our issues and he said he would take care of it. By the time our lunch was over, he said they were switching our room. Now why couldn't the lady at the front desk have taken that initiative?
Food and drink service was great. The food staff were extremely attentive. I'm not a picky eater so I found the food ok. I really enjoyed the fresh fruit, steamed and sautéed veggies and Jamaican dishes. I'm not a big dessert eater so I enjoyed the fresh papaya. I don't have a big appetite but found the selection plentiful.
Overall I found this to be a restful vacation and may consider returning during a rush season.

• Stayed October 2013
Rome, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just spent seven days at Club Ambiance, Best trip to Jamaica we have ever had so far!
We had such a good time it is hard for me to know where to start my review.
Who should go and who should not go to Club Ambiance.
If you want a relaxing stay by the Caribbean Sea and a chance to party with friends you have not met yet, want real Jamaican food, and just generally to have a good time. Then this is the place for you to go.
If you want a Mega-Resort with hundreds or even thousands of other people, the same food and drinks you get at home, and want to make reservations and dress for dinner then this is not the place for you to go.

The Good.
1. First and foremost the staff and crew make this place great. They are all friendly and,courteous.
2. The resort is small enough so you can get to know the other guests.
3. The food really is great. Hot,fresh,and plenty of it.

The Bad.
1. The resort is old and dated.
2. The beaches are very small and the distance between the clothed(prude) beach and nude
beach is only 100m with no screen. the sand is some what course on the clothing optional beach where we spent most of our time.
3. Dining choices were usually limited to one on this last visit.

The ugly.
1.Some of the "artwork" is truly revolting. (Hey I had to come up with something ugly to continue the theme.)

Everything that I have mentioned in the bad and ugly sections are being addressed right now.
As we were checking out I was give a review form to fill out. One of the thing that I mentioned was paint. When I walked outside there was a man on a ladder painting. So things are improving everyday.
Bottom line is" Would you recommend this resort to your best friend?" YES! I already have. This was my husband's review. I will continue to the females point of view.
When we checked in we were given a complimentary upgrade to the honeymoon suites. The other couple that went with us also were given an upgrade. First these two honeymoon suites were next door to each other. Our suite had a king size bed, a separate sitting area, a flat screen t.v. (we also had on over our king size bed so we could watch either in bed or in the living area. The bathroom had been done in a beautiful shade of blue with a separate shower. There was also a shower in the tub as well. When you are standing in the shower, you look out and the Caribbean sea were just 50 yards from us. We also had chairs and table on the veranda where the four of us could talk. The only bad part of the bathroom was that there were no outlets for hair dryers or curling/flat irons. But hey-you are on vacation.
The ride from the airport was most comfortable. We ended up being the only one on the bus and the driver was very interesting
All meals are served buffet style and there was always an assortment of food to partake. Lunch and dinner had different choices and if you were at an in between meal, the grill had great tuna fish sandwiches along with hot dogs, hamburgers, BLT, grilled cheese.
Our second night there was the Jamaican special. Everything was seasoned with jerk-jerk chicken, jerk goat, ad authentic Jamaican food.
But I personally think the best part of the whole trip was that the staff went out of their way to make sure you were happy. Plus, there were only about 40 people there so it felt like you had your own beach, your own bartender, your own wait staff. We also did a couples massage that was very good. They were running a special and we took it.
Like my husband said earlier in his part of the review, this is a most comfortable and easy vacation we have had in years. No lines for shows, no reservations for dinner and any beach we decided to visit. We will be back!!!!!
Also need to give some shout outs to Melanie, Phillip, Richard,Storm, Omar, "Momma"-she did a pumpkin soup that I have never tasted. Mrs. Bugsy -she was a private car that took us to out of the way places to see the view. I know I am forgetting a lot of people and do apologize. I will keep a little pad to write down the names.

Room Tip: Try to book Honeymoon 15-it costs a little more but the view and location are top notch!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently stayed here and had a great experience. It did have its pros and cons but for the price you couldn't beat it. I got the deal on Groupon. Stayed 4 nights. Overall staff is very friendly, welcoming, and goes out their way to make your experience good. The food was decent. Buffet style. Selection was somewhat limited but it always was fresh and tasted good. They had live entertainment and their secluded beach was small but peaceful since there weren't many people there at the time of my stay. Cons - there were ants in my room!! They switched rooms for us but the other room had less ants but still ants. I made the best of it but that was a major downfall. The rooms were however clean otherwise. Shower was a little dated but ok. Definitely bring shower shoes. It was close to Ocho Rios. Enjoy attractions like Dunn's Riverfall and Magaritavilla. My friends and I had a great time and despite the ants I would stay again.

Shout out to the very friendly staff. They were great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff was great and the entertainment was awesome, my main gripe about this hotel is due to how outdated it is along with the lack of a real beach. What they have is a swampy, seaweed and rock filled man made beach that is no fun at all. And when my friend and i ventured off beyond the rocks we were attacked by mountains of coral reef. Although we are in our mid twenties and found the coral to be very hilarious as we tried to make fun of a dangerous and painful situation. It was still very annoying..They food was great they had a mid day and late night snack, althought they only had 1 restaurant with not many choices, it was worth it. Im not a picky eater and everything they served we enjoyed. The nightclub they had was very basic but we had a good time there. you should travel off the resort and go to the ocho rios beach, we spent the day there and had a great time. It isnt free but its about 4 bucks USD but well worth the time. Although we went as a group of 3 couples i would not suggest going here as a single. In that case you should go to Negril which i heard is the more touristy side of the island. And finally as for rooms i had the honey moon suite which had a balcony that overlooked the entertainment. it was a great touch of having the ability to scoop out the action before you head down. Also if you do reserve and decide to cancel a room online make sure you call to confirm it. We had a very lengthy mixup when i checked in and my gf was very unhappy due to it. All in all, if you are traveling on a budget, there are other places thats worth staying than club ambiance, its very low key and quiet and has a homey feeling, but its outdatedness and lack of a real beach exceeds the worth of the stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Small facility with not allot of things going on. But that is what we where after. Food was very good, drinks where great and plentiful and the views from the second room where beautiful.

Facility is pretty run down and we had to be moved for a plumbing problem halfway through the week and the staff was very accommodating.

Once we accepted the rundown conditions, we really started to enjoy ourselves and had one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever been on.

The man made beach left a little to be desired.

The staff is what makes this place and it has real potential.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carrollton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you are looking for a serious getaway for a true adult adventure than this is for you... Some might say that it wasn't a 5 star location but I beg to differ because the staff made up for any problems that you may have thought you had with the rooms. The scenery in my suite was the greatest! And to my family Martino who is from Jamaica who made this trip just that much better, "Thank you, thank you, thank you"!! You deserve a 5 star rating all yourself. I kinda loved it that the beach wasn't crowded because it made me feel that much more free to relax and enjoy myself. Overall I have to rate Club Ambiance a 5! This was my first time in Jamaica and I will surely be returning... Oh yeah, the food was excellent!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!