“Very good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Ambiance

You added Club Ambiance to your Saves list
Club Ambiance
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road, PO Box 20 | Saint Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently stayed here and had a great experience. It did have its pros and cons but for the price you couldn't beat it. I got the deal on Groupon. Stayed 4 nights. Overall staff is very friendly, welcoming, and goes out their way to make your experience good. The food was decent. Buffet style. Selection was somewhat limited but it always was fresh and tasted good. They had live entertainment and their secluded beach was small but peaceful since there weren't many people there at the time of my stay. Cons - there were ants in my room!! They switched rooms for us but the other room had less ants but still ants. I made the best of it but that was a major downfall. The rooms were however clean otherwise. Shower was a little dated but ok. Definitely bring shower shoes. It was close to Ocho Rios. Enjoy attractions like Dunn's Riverfall and Magaritavilla. My friends and I had a great time and despite the ants I would stay again.

Shout out to the very friendly staff. They were great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff was great and the entertainment was awesome, my main gripe about this hotel is due to how outdated it is along with the lack of a real beach. What they have is a swampy, seaweed and rock filled man made beach that is no fun at all. And when my friend and i ventured off beyond the rocks we were attacked by mountains of coral reef. Although we are in our mid twenties and found the coral to be very hilarious as we tried to make fun of a dangerous and painful situation. It was still very annoying..They food was great they had a mid day and late night snack, althought they only had 1 restaurant with not many choices, it was worth it. Im not a picky eater and everything they served we enjoyed. The nightclub they had was very basic but we had a good time there. you should travel off the resort and go to the ocho rios beach, we spent the day there and had a great time. It isnt free but its about 4 bucks USD but well worth the time. Although we went as a group of 3 couples i would not suggest going here as a single. In that case you should go to Negril which i heard is the more touristy side of the island. And finally as for rooms i had the honey moon suite which had a balcony that overlooked the entertainment. it was a great touch of having the ability to scoop out the action before you head down. Also if you do reserve and decide to cancel a room online make sure you call to confirm it. We had a very lengthy mixup when i checked in and my gf was very unhappy due to it. All in all, if you are traveling on a budget, there are other places thats worth staying than club ambiance, its very low key and quiet and has a homey feeling, but its outdatedness and lack of a real beach exceeds the worth of the stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Small facility with not allot of things going on. But that is what we where after. Food was very good, drinks where great and plentiful and the views from the second room where beautiful.

Facility is pretty run down and we had to be moved for a plumbing problem halfway through the week and the staff was very accommodating.

Once we accepted the rundown conditions, we really started to enjoy ourselves and had one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever been on.

The man made beach left a little to be desired.

The staff is what makes this place and it has real potential.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carrollton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you are looking for a serious getaway for a true adult adventure than this is for you... Some might say that it wasn't a 5 star location but I beg to differ because the staff made up for any problems that you may have thought you had with the rooms. The scenery in my suite was the greatest! And to my family Martino who is from Jamaica who made this trip just that much better, "Thank you, thank you, thank you"!! You deserve a 5 star rating all yourself. I kinda loved it that the beach wasn't crowded because it made me feel that much more free to relax and enjoy myself. Overall I have to rate Club Ambiance a 5! This was my first time in Jamaica and I will surely be returning... Oh yeah, the food was excellent!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Second time in Jamaica and if this was the only resort in Jamaica I would never go back! Bought thru a Groupon. The staff ARE VER NICE! The property has great potential and the best thing I liked was ALL ADULTS. Unfortunaltely the resort needs a lot of work, it's old, food is jus ok....no restaurants on site to eat at besides the main dining. Horribly my friend girls checked in to find ants or something in the bed, they moved us to another room to Sind them in bed and bathroom and by this time coming 1100 miles I was on TEN! I asked them for a suite at their expense and they put us in there and the night before we left....ants were in bathroom and who knows where else. I was so happy to end my vacation from that stay. Like I said good potential but it needs an overhaul.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing time, this is the hotel to go for an inexpensive price. As a Resident, I found that the food was good, hotel clean and staff were friendly. However, the small, man-made beach was not exciting and so I never went. Spent the time relaxing with hubby, walking the grounds or visiting the nearby attractions such as Green Grotto caves which is about 5 mins away, Dolphin Cove and Dunns River falls which meant driving to Ocho Rios. A time well-spent and I would definitely go back just for a time of relaxation.

Room Tip: Go for the Honeymoon Suite, room 3
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

4 of us (sister and bro inlaw, and a girlfriend) stayed for 9 days over memorial weekend and beyond. Hotel is nice, Staff is awesome. We met some wonderful new friends. Hotel was pretty much empty but it is the slow season for Jamaica. Food was abundant, and a good variety. Jamaican cuisine at the buffets, but burgers, fries, bacon sandwiches, etc available from the grill. And yes Omar the Chef makes a mean omelette. "big sexy day"!! Being as this was my first trip, I had nothing to compare it too, so I was very happy with the beach and the resort. Storm and Omar were great at trying to keep us entertained, All the bartenders were very accomodating. Did manage to climb Dunns falls, and swim in the glistening lagoon, two things I would strongly reccomend. The evening entertainment - 4 Real Boys band was GREAT, we danced almost every night they played. Again the staff was very attentive but it could have been due to lack of guests. I went for a relaxing, fun vacation away from kids and that is what I got. Even though there were not many guests, our rooms were on the back side of resort, and we were never offered an upgrade. Other reviews say they were offered an upgrade for free without even asking. I did slip at the resort and cut my arm pretty bad, and the staff fell short of providing adequate first aid after the fall, but then suggested the next day I spend hours at the ER to get treatment. Too little, Too late. With that being said, I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST that NO ONE PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE RESORT GIFT SHOP. Harry the owner is over bearing, AND EVERYTHING IN HIS SHOP CAN BE PURCHASED FROM THE AIRPORT VENDORS WHEN YOU ARE LEAVING JAMAICA, FOR LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE he charges in his shop. He also owns the "Jewelry Store" at the resort as well. Again, I STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT PURCHASING ANYTHING AT THAT SHOP AS WELL. Harry hounded me the entire time I was there, about an Emerald and Diamond ring that had caught my eye. On the day of my departure, I went into the jewlery store to talk to him about the ring. The initial price that he gave me was triple what I actually ended up paying for the ring, but the hour of haggling with him before the purchase was exhausting, and after several fake phone calls to someone, at the last minute, he agreed to accept my very gracious offer. I paid part in cash and charged a portion of the price to my cc. Before I had even gotten off the flight to my final destination, (7 hours later) an Emerald stone had fallen out of my new ring. I notified him in writing, including pictures, letting him know what had happened, and that an estimate I had gotten to replace and reset the stone was slightly more than the amt that had been charged to my cc. I asked him to do the right thing and refund or reverse the amt that had been charged to my cc, to pay to fix my brand new ring. He CHOSE not to acknowledge my request, nor to reverse or refund the amt that had been charged to my cc, therefore prooving he is not a professional nor a good business man, but a con man that preys on trusting tourists. SHAME ON YOU HARRY. I GAVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE THIS RIGHT, AND YOU CHOSE TO IGNORE THE SITUATION. SO HERE'S TO YOU... AND I HOPE EVERYONE TAKES MY ADVISE AND DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE CHANCE TO RIP THEM OFF LIKE YOU DID ME. It is sad that Club Ambiance has to be assoociated with this type of businessman, and that their guests need to be warned of his business tactics.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!