“Jamaica, jamaica!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Ambiance

You added Club Ambiance to your Saves list
Club Ambiance
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road, PO Box 20 | Saint Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Carrollton, Virginia
“Jamaica, jamaica!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you are looking for a serious getaway for a true adult adventure than this is for you... Some might say that it wasn't a 5 star location but I beg to differ because the staff made up for any problems that you may have thought you had with the rooms. The scenery in my suite was the greatest! And to my family Martino who is from Jamaica who made this trip just that much better, "Thank you, thank you, thank you"!! You deserve a 5 star rating all yourself. I kinda loved it that the beach wasn't crowded because it made me feel that much more free to relax and enjoy myself. Overall I have to rate Club Ambiance a 5! This was my first time in Jamaica and I will surely be returning... Oh yeah, the food was excellent!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Second time in Jamaica and if this was the only resort in Jamaica I would never go back! Bought thru a Groupon. The staff ARE VER NICE! The property has great potential and the best thing I liked was ALL ADULTS. Unfortunaltely the resort needs a lot of work, it's old, food is jus ok....no restaurants on site to eat at besides the main dining. Horribly my friend girls checked in to find ants or something in the bed, they moved us to another room to Sind them in bed and bathroom and by this time coming 1100 miles I was on TEN! I asked them for a suite at their expense and they put us in there and the night before we left....ants were in bathroom and who knows where else. I was so happy to end my vacation from that stay. Like I said good potential but it needs an overhaul.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing time, this is the hotel to go for an inexpensive price. As a Resident, I found that the food was good, hotel clean and staff were friendly. However, the small, man-made beach was not exciting and so I never went. Spent the time relaxing with hubby, walking the grounds or visiting the nearby attractions such as Green Grotto caves which is about 5 mins away, Dolphin Cove and Dunns River falls which meant driving to Ocho Rios. A time well-spent and I would definitely go back just for a time of relaxation.

Room Tip: Go for the Honeymoon Suite, room 3
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

4 of us (sister and bro inlaw, and a girlfriend) stayed for 9 days over memorial weekend and beyond. Hotel is nice, Staff is awesome. We met some wonderful new friends. Hotel was pretty much empty but it is the slow season for Jamaica. Food was abundant, and a good variety. Jamaican cuisine at the buffets, but burgers, fries, bacon sandwiches, etc available from the grill. And yes Omar the Chef makes a mean omelette. "big sexy day"!! Being as this was my first trip, I had nothing to compare it too, so I was very happy with the beach and the resort. Storm and Omar were great at trying to keep us entertained, All the bartenders were very accomodating. Did manage to climb Dunns falls, and swim in the glistening lagoon, two things I would strongly reccomend. The evening entertainment - 4 Real Boys band was GREAT, we danced almost every night they played. Again the staff was very attentive but it could have been due to lack of guests. I went for a relaxing, fun vacation away from kids and that is what I got. Even though there were not many guests, our rooms were on the back side of resort, and we were never offered an upgrade. Other reviews say they were offered an upgrade for free without even asking. I did slip at the resort and cut my arm pretty bad, and the staff fell short of providing adequate first aid after the fall, but then suggested the next day I spend hours at the ER to get treatment. Too little, Too late. With that being said, I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST that NO ONE PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE RESORT GIFT SHOP. Harry the owner is over bearing, AND EVERYTHING IN HIS SHOP CAN BE PURCHASED FROM THE AIRPORT VENDORS WHEN YOU ARE LEAVING JAMAICA, FOR LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE he charges in his shop. He also owns the "Jewelry Store" at the resort as well. Again, I STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT PURCHASING ANYTHING AT THAT SHOP AS WELL. Harry hounded me the entire time I was there, about an Emerald and Diamond ring that had caught my eye. On the day of my departure, I went into the jewlery store to talk to him about the ring. The initial price that he gave me was triple what I actually ended up paying for the ring, but the hour of haggling with him before the purchase was exhausting, and after several fake phone calls to someone, at the last minute, he agreed to accept my very gracious offer. I paid part in cash and charged a portion of the price to my cc. Before I had even gotten off the flight to my final destination, (7 hours later) an Emerald stone had fallen out of my new ring. I notified him in writing, including pictures, letting him know what had happened, and that an estimate I had gotten to replace and reset the stone was slightly more than the amt that had been charged to my cc. I asked him to do the right thing and refund or reverse the amt that had been charged to my cc, to pay to fix my brand new ring. He CHOSE not to acknowledge my request, nor to reverse or refund the amt that had been charged to my cc, therefore prooving he is not a professional nor a good business man, but a con man that preys on trusting tourists. SHAME ON YOU HARRY. I GAVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE THIS RIGHT, AND YOU CHOSE TO IGNORE THE SITUATION. SO HERE'S TO YOU... AND I HOPE EVERYONE TAKES MY ADVISE AND DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE CHANCE TO RIP THEM OFF LIKE YOU DID ME. It is sad that Club Ambiance has to be assoociated with this type of businessman, and that their guests need to be warned of his business tactics.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went here for a birthday gift from my mom and it was a shock to me and her that there was only three ppl not including the staff at the whole resort, although the staff is very nice you have to pull teeth to get them to show you some excitement. during the day it is so boring at night things open up but the food was nasty and I didn't have any phone service so I could take pics and could only use my laptop to oovoo my mom by sitting in the lobby. I think the fact that they charge so little for a all inclusive resort should of been the clue. Mom says she thought she was getting a deal because she got the gift from groupon.com. the whole weekend there was three ppl at the resort it was just crazy. Honestly they should close, there is no life in this resort. I am blessed that I love me so the trip was not a bust because I made sure to have fun. what they should do but I know they can't afford to do it is give my money back that would be GREAT!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Camden, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We got a groupon deal for a few nights here. All in all it was nice. Mostly couples at this location. The beach is nothing to write home about, but they have a bike ride to the public beach and you can swim and enjoy the sea there for about an hour. Just understand that it is a public beach so you will have vendors offering you stuff, it was annoying to me only bc the beach at CA is not really great so I really didn't want to waster my hour warding off vendors when I really just wanted to swim. Back to the resort...Food was great, I have been to MoBay before but this food just tasted better, seemed more authentic as opposed to tourist type food. The rooms, were ok, we got the standard room, when I vacation I basically sleep in my room so all the fancy suite stuff I can take or leave especially since i went with one of my girls and not my husband/boyfriend/significant other. One of the reviews said think HoJo's for the room-i concur. Drinks were great, the bar tenders were always friendly, as were all of the staff. The resort is small and not a lot of ppl were there so it made it great for us, we relaxed, there were no crowds/lines for anything, it was just great. If you want more razzle dazzle I wouldn't suggest this location, but if you like quiet time, good food, good service, sun and an ok beach...find the groupon and have a vacation. *also I gave value pretty high, bc again I got a groupon for for like $250 per person the value was EXCELLENT. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Belle Harbor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We spent 5 days here. This is not a 5 star property and doesn't pretend to be. But it is the friendliest, cleanest, calmest and (so far) best kept secret in Northern Jamaica. We came for some adult rest and relaxation. Our room (which they graciously upgraded for us since we had prepaid for a Couples' Spa Package) was clean, spacious and well kept. We slept like babies during the two days it rained. The pool is immaculately kept, sparklingly blue, clothing optional and delicious. When the sun finally came out, we were able to get enough of a tan to go home and say we had been to the Islands.
The spa treatment was glorious. Every bit as relaxing and professional as the spa treatments I have received in 5 star spas. We had a Couples' Serenity Package. Best deal on the menu. We soaked in the Jacuzzi, had ginger-sugar body scrubs, wraps of our choosing followed by massages. We were in a cozy room, side by side with soothing music playing. The treatment, listed as being a two hour treatment, lasted close to two and half hours as the practitioners were keen to make sure that we had an excellent experience. Don't miss a treatment in the spa if you plan to spend time here.
Food was modest, available from 7:30 at breakfast on and off throughout the day until the end of the midnight snack. Lots of local produce and Jamaican flavors. Not the kind of fare you come to expect from more lavish type places, but in the end, it is exactly what works for a nice relaxing trip to a place like this. Breakfast was the best meal and Omar makes an outstanding omelette!
This place is a little jewel, with amazing people. It is halfway between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. Need to go anywhere, just ask for Steve. He will not only take you where you need to go, but will be your guardian angel as you negotiate your purchases to make sure you purchase in the right currency and get the best deal. He is the best tour guide you could ask for. Gibbs and Vinny are the kind of bartenders who remember you right away, and answer all your particular requests with a smile and a local, "no worries".
So, if you are looking for a small, private, adult-only resort, one where you can relax and unwind, It doesn't get better than Club Ambiance. I hated to leave...its the kind of place where you don't even feel like you are on a "vacation"...the staff make you feel like you are at home. We are already planning our next trip back.

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suites and rooms overlooking the pool are all desireable
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Couples Sans Souci
Couples Sans Souci
#4 of 40 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 stars 2,906 reviews

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!