“Miss it so........” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Ambiance

You added Club Ambiance to your Saves list
Club Ambiance
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road, PO Box 20 | Saint Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
“Miss it so........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2004

Well, I"m sorry it took so long to write this, ever since I got back, I've been in overdrive. I had a great time at Club Ambiance. I might not have gotten the room I requested but they made it up to us. I have stayed at Sandals before but this was perfect and not too expensive.
The food was good and so was the entertainment. New Years was unbelievable and I had to take pictures of all of the food. It was quiet and not crazy but the disco was perfect if you wanted a little nightlife. I would recommend this place to anyone and I definitely will be going back. I miss it so much already. Snow and below zero might do that also. hehe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2004

Well, we (my boyfriend and I) just returned from the most beautiful place ever. Everything was great. The staff rock and are extremely friendly. A special hello to O'Neil, Chris, Richard and Chris our bar tender. The list of names could go on to thank. We had a great time and we will be returning next year, maybe even in the fall. It was a great first experince for myself. I can't even explain how much fun we had. The entertainment was great and there was plenty to do. Once again I would like to thank EVERYONE at Club Ambiance for such a great time. A hello goes out to Andre, Norma, Chris, Tara, Mark and Fiona. These are just a few couples we met there and partied with. We Love all you guys. Bill and Kathy from Canada.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2004

When booking this vacation on-line, I wasn't looking for cheap. I was looking for reasonably priced. I booked this trip over two months in advance. We, my boyfried and I, visited Club Ambience the last of July to the first of August, 2003. When we got to the airport, we were upset that we did not get to sit next to each other on the flight into Jamaica. The airline had overbooked. We were, however impressed with the Jamaican greeting at the airport. The line at customs was long. The teller at the airport's currency exchange was very helpful, though. It was hot (to be expected) and the air-conditioned bus ride to the resort was welcomed, although it was a long, scary, not very scenic ride. I was very surprised at the streets. They were very bumpy and at times we had to stop and let the other side go because the street was not wide enough. With as much tourist dollars as Jamaica gets, you would expect the streets to be paved. When we got to the hotel, we were absolutely devastated. We were not impressed at all. The outside looked like a cheap, pay by the hour motel. I almost cried. Checking in was a joke.
The front desk staff was not very friendly. What was nice though was that they greeted you with a rum punch on arrival. There is no bellman, so be prepared to tote your own luggage to your room. When we got to our deluxe room, it was spacious. However, it was hot. And the air was on. Ants were already in the bathroom and on the bedside table. We had a very good view of the ocean, the jacuzzi, and the entertainment area.
There were only two towels per person (a hand towel and a thin bath towel) and after a long day of traveling, I went on and took a shower.
Well, that was the wrong thing to do because I did not get another towel until later on that night. (after asking three times in person for some towels) I asked every day for washcloths and was answered with a blank stare. On my last full day there, I was shocked to find out that they actually knew what I was talking about. There were two washcloths hanging on the rack. We didn't have a problem with the hot water until the last day, then we had to take cold showers. The air-conditioning was supposedly worked on, but it never got cool in the room. Most times it was cooler sitting at the bar. The bar was excellent. Sometimes you had to wait awhile for a refill, but the drinks were good and plentiful. The staff was generally friendly, (except for the first people who greet you-the front desk staff) but was always expecting a tip, and would keep their hand out until they felt like you had tipped them enough. The beach is not large, but it was alright. We mostly just sat in the lounge chairs, but we found that there are no waiters, so if you want a drink, you must sit at the bar.
The pier bar never opened during our stay. The nightly entertainment became boring (same songs, different day). The Safari Club was nice. It was the coolest place at the resort. The dj played American music mostly, though. We often just sat in there because we didn't want to go back to our hot room. We met several people who were also not pleased, including a couple on their honeymoon who had purchased a honeymoon suite and only got a standard room with no refund. The food was not good at all. If I wanted American food I would have stayed in America.
There were some island cuisine, but there was no jerk dishes at all during our stay, and yes we did stay over a weekend. I mainly at eggs for breakfast. The snacks were ham and cheese sandwiches, although one day there was hot wings. There was no refrigerator in the rooms so you had to eat at the times that they served the snacks even if you were not hungry because that was all you had access to until the next meal.
The only soda was Pepsi, and I am a Coke fan. The tour into Ocho Rios was not worth the money. Don't go to Fern Valley. Dunn's River Falls was nice though. We enjoyed the hike, although we did not expect for the natives to be using it as a private place. We were on a guided hike and they would come through and almost knock you down. Every where you go, someone is trying to sell you some smoke or something that resembled a rock. The shopping was ridiculous. Extremely overpriced, every vendor had the exact same thing. You just had to walk until you found the cheapest. The flea market area was really a joke. My boyfriend and I were separated. I turned around and he was gone. Some one had just led him away to his booth. The only jerk dish we had though was on this tour. You can't really venture out on the streets alone, because it did not look safe at all. The resort sticks this neon green band on your wrist at check-in so every one knows you are a tourists. Once you were back at the resort, you were basically stuck.
If the you got a staff member to take your picture with your own camera, they expected to be tipped. The special dinner (that you pay extra for) was not mentioned in the overview and was not really worth it. Overall, we were happy to be leaving. You do not realize what you take for granted (like washcloths and air-conditioning) until you don't have them. We definitely have not recommended this place to anyone, and do not intend to. It was not worth the money. You don't even get what you pay for. The resort does not deserve a three star rating. Pay more, stay somewhere else!

east coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2004

We spent Jan 12-19 '04 at Club Ambiance. I went with my wife and 20 yr.
old daughter. The whole resort was much nicer than we expected. The standard rooms are spacious enough for 3 or 4 people. Rooms were very clean, food was excellent, although some meals were a bit 'spicy'. They do not offer a wide array of food, but what they offer is well prepared, and tasty. Better a small choice, done well, than a lot of choices done half hearted. The desserts are far better than what I have experienced on two high end cruise lines!! The employees are very service oriented. Richard, aka 'sexy' is a riot in a volley ball game.
The house band is very good. They play primarily Carribean music.
Contrary to what you hear, the scuba diving is nice. My daughter and I did 6 dives over three days, while my wife caught rays on the beach.
The beach at the hotel is EXTREMELY small. But it never really was crowded. By the way, there is a really nice beach just a couple minutes by taxi from the resort. Tell the driver you want 'private beach' or 'carnival beach' located next to Breezes. It's $200Ja (about 3 bucks) a person. But you have your own nice piece of beach, sun or shade, and you can appreciate the solitude as you glance over at the overcrowded beach next door at Breezes. You can go horseback riding from this beach for half the cost of the tour at the hotel. Ask any of the locals near the beach for Robert the Horseman.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2004

This was our second visit in the last 3 months and it was even better than the first. I have been to Jamaica 7 times and the last two we have stayed at Club Ambiance and that is where we will stay on all future visits. There are some more upscale resorts in the area but value for the dollar none can compete. If you are into crowds and want to stay where the staff constantly pushes you to participate in activities then go to another resort. If you like a very professional staff that remembers your name and your likes and caters to you on a personal level then this is the place. Anything Club Ambiance likes in size and fancy rooms the staff more than makes up for in service. We stayed 7 nights on our first visit and that was not enough so this time we extended our stay to 12 nights and 12 more would of not been enough.
The sadest time we had was when it was time to leave our Club Ambiance family but we will be back !!

• Stayed January 2005
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2004

just returned back from new year at club ambiance. The hotel was better than i expected. Very clean. Food was good. Staff were very friendly, had a great time would def go back

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2004

The whole experience of Club Ambiance was excellent! The food was great, the rooms were large and kept very clean and the staff were really friendly.

Me and my partner got married at the hotel on the 2nd Jan and we couldnt have wished for a more perfect day.

We would like to thank the wedding coordinator Jasmine and Gary the photographer.

We will definitely be returning as soon as we can!!

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!