My sister and I decided to take a last minute trip to Jamaica and she booked our stay at Club Ambiance or Club "No Frills" as I affectionately began to call it. Upon reading the reviews, the common consensus was that this place would be average, but was overall a good time. It definitely isn't your 5-star resort, but you already should know that given their star rating. They really didn't have any frills: no nice beach, no swim up bar, not too many activities, the list can go on and on. BUT, when we arrived I was very impressed with their customer service. The front desk staff was very pleasant, and even gave us a tour of the property. The rooms were clean, and had hot water (something people always seem to complain about in other reviews). I wasn't quite a fan of the food all of the nights, but it did have its good moments. The drinks weren't my favorites. A lot of their specialty drinks were too milky for me, and some of the days I preferred not to drink at all. Definitely don't ask for a Long Island, but they don't know how to make it. There were also times that we were hungry in the middle of the night, and the staff was nice enough to fix us plates (which isn't something they advertised). The hot tub was nice, but I was a little disappointed that there isn't a real beach. The water is very shallow, and it doesn't extend very far. We did take advantage of the snorkling though, which was fun. We made friends with some of the workers so they took us into town and show us the local clubs and scenery in Ocho Rios.
Overall I was thoroughly impressed with the amount of attention they gave each traveler. We had many nights of fun at the bar, and the bar tender was a great singer! You definitely have to request the Bob Marley shot, but watch your hair because you have to drink around the flames.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to travel on a budget!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shuttle Bus service attract an extra charge. Airport Transportation attract an extra charge. Free internet service only in lobby area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Club Ambiance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Ambiance Hotel Runaway Bay
- Ambiance Hotel Runaway Bay
- Resort All Inclusive Ambiance
- Club Ambiance Jamaica/Runaway Bay
- Club Ambience Jamaica