“super holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Ambiance

Orbitz.com Expedia.com
Club Ambiance
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road, PO Box 20 | Saint Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Runaway Bay
cumbria
“super holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

just returned for the 6th visit ok the place needs and is getting refurbished. good food staff and good friends dont read all the negative comments .a holiday is what you make and with the ambiance at this hotel you cant help but enjoy.it is only 3" but you get 4"treatment off the staff.rooms are kept clean sun always shines everybody is smiling so get yourselves down to club ambiance and check it out yourself you wont be disapointed by irene uren

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

1,211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Montego Bay, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

i had a great time at club ambiance i went there back in 2011 for my bday, Ihad no problems checking in, the staff was very friendly, room was very clean. The food and liqor was average, most of the liqor was watered down, no top shelf liqor was availble.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
West Seneca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a fantastic time here 9/29-10/6/12. We've stayed in 4-5 star mega-resorts in Mexico, Dominican & Aruba..I'd go back here in a NY minute!..Yes the resort needs a facelift..BUT as I read lots of reviews beforehand, I was prepared for the worst..What I got was the sun shining, a clean&comfortable room, hot water, good food, great drinks & best of all, great fun & memories with the staff & the wonderful 24 other guests we met from US, UK & Holland..The beach area was disappointing if you are expecting blue water and a beach that you can walk for miles..Not here, its more of a bay, but there were 4 areas you could lounge around in,one being the nude beach..the snorkeling was great & the water was just enough to cool off..so it was good enough for us. Some guests brought their own inflatable float so they could sunbathe in the bay.The sand was beautiful & there were enough loungers & palapas..The "standard room" was very comfortable, lots of space & a great balcony..We had room 54 which was overlooking the pool and the Caribbean Sea, it had a new A/C unit & king bed..The pool area was mostly deserted this week as we were all on the beach but the pool is also surrounded by loungers & umbrellas..We got very involved with the daily entertainment & just cant say enough about the staff working there & the Jamaican hospitality we enjoyed so much..Mel, Kerri, JR & Philip at the bar..Julia, Richard, Kevin & Martino our daily servers..Our "pool boys" Joe, Garret, Jamar..Witter, Tilden & all the cooks at the outdoor grill & the wonderful cooks in the buffet. Fay, our maid always had the room sparkling...Storm (the Jamaican Beyonce as I would call her), Omar & Damian made us laugh everyday..Even the "Groundskeepers" were always fun & Joel the security guard was a great guy! I apologize for any "friends" I missed..Our time here was truly a Jamaican experience!
I just can't say enough about our wonderful stay..We used Ernest as our cabbie one day for a trip into Ocho Rios, great guide & wonderful history lesson of the island..Don't miss Scotchies Jerk Center in Ocho Rios..a must..best chicken & pork we've ever had!! You'll find him in the lobby in the mornings..He'll take you almost anywhere..My only regret, (thus I must go back to Jamaica) was not going to Bob Marley Museum & 8 mile.The guests that went told us of the remarkable experience in the mountain home of Marley..You can take a 20 minute walk down to the public beach & Flavours Beach bar for more of a "big beach" experience..We didn't do that either, because we were lazy & stayed at the resort 95% of the time but another thing to do "next time". The only complaint I can think of is the strip club across the street gets very loud at night, you could hear the music & sounds right from our room, but closing the bathroom door & having the A/C unit on all night took care of that for us!
All in all a great getaway, lots of fun in the sun..ONE LOVE..!

Room Tip: Room 54 had balcony & great view overlooking the sea
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I loved this hotel when ever i sitting down they always come and got me to play volleyball beach volley ball and water one and we had carnival competition the rooms are clean and very nice. the staff are excellant big up to the people who really made my stay jd oneill and alison if reading this you were all brillant this was 2-3 years ago

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I give our stay 3 circles but please read my review before you decide. The staff is friendly and food is great! but the property is in need of some renovation. Also, we were a bit disappointed with the beach area - true to the name of the area, it is a "bay" not so much a beach.

Club Ambiance has a club-like environment. we are here during NON-peak season, so there are about 15 guests here and yet they still provide entertainment every night!

If you like those big, commercial resorts (i.e. Riu, Grand Bahia, Sandals) then this is not for you. If you like to mingle with the locals and get a feel for Jamaica, then this is it.

also i will mention that there are a lot of employees, and sometimes it's eerie because there are more workers than guests. not really a problem but just unusual...we are off to Negril, which is actually our favorite; got a deal on CA, which is why we are here. if you like to party, mingle and eat - you will love it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend in 2009 with another female friend for a weekend. I just forgot to put a review up. Actually, since I had such a great time at Club Ambiance, I decided to come back to Jamaica. The staff is what really made this stay great. They were fun and really nice. A lot of them were the same age as I am and they recommended a lot of activities for someone in their early 20's. My friend and I were more of less going to relax. We were stressed from work and needed to unwind.

Most of our time was spent on the beach and snorkeling. My only real complaint is they made us wear life jackets when snorkeling. Which hindered me when swimming. I am excellent swimmer in real life and found the jacket was pulling me back with each wave. But I understand they do this for insurance reasons. I was glad that one of the snorkeling staff, was understanding and waited for me when I struggled. He commented he cannot swim with a life jacket on either. Other then that it was a great experience.

I am a big fan of the food on the island. I find at most of the hotel and resorts the food is pretty pure and natural. Close to what I eat at home. I actually loved the deserts. But most people from Canada or the USA would find them not sweet enough. I loved them. The coconut ice cream they served was AMAZING!

The beach was amazing. It was just a good place to sit back and relax. Keep in mind if you are a westerner and want to go off the hotel, you will be viewed as an wallet to the locals. They will try to sell to you. Just be polite. Selling to the tourist is apart of the culture here and people are trying to make a honest living. I've had to remind many American and Canadians this. Since, many complained about this while in Jamaica. You find this is the case in most other then, 1st world countries. And yes, the locals can always tell people coming from north America. But show them differently and engage a bit about them. When you do, you find the locals are people just like you.

I would totally stay at Club Ambiance in a heart beat. It's a quaint and quiet resort. Most people would probably find this hotel to be a dump. People who are use to more north American accommodations. However, this is considered a pretty nice place in third world countries like Jamaica. Which I personally love Club Ambiance. Just keep in mind, do not expect American accommodations unless, you are staying in a place like Sandals. This hotel is more for the "adventurous" types, looking for a more down to earth and true to Jamaica stay. You stay here to spend time on the beach and get in touch with the the warmness Jamaicans offer.

Room Tip: All the rooms are about the same. So, it's not worth upgrading.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
nova scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Club ambiance is a small, quiet hotel. It has not had a lot of updating, the rooms are older, but absolutely spotless. There are only about 100 rooms, and a villa. You can upgrade, but from what I have seen, the upgrades are not really worth the extra money.
Every room has an ocean view, and the building is only 2 stories.
The food is good, not a huge selection, but I don`t eat red meat or wheat and I had no problems finding something I liked at every meal. During the day they also have a grill area where you can get burgers, hotdogs, chicken wraps etc.
There was always lots of hot water, lots of towels and at this hotel, they have facecloths! You don`t see that too often in Jamaica!
I was advised before I left that this hotel was sold and purchased by a new company and I did see a few changes in staff members. But overall, not much has changed.
The only thing I did notice that I wasn`t impressed with was the new GM. He walked around all day, I`m sure, to observe the staff and the functionality of the hotel, which is good for business. However, I did see him criticize one of the staff members in front of me. This made me very uncomfortable and was embarrassing for the employee. I felt genuinely bad for him. Constructive criticism is great, but not in front of a guest!
It's the staff that makes this hotel so great to visit. Storm and Omar are great! When there are not a lot of people willing to participate in activites, they still do their very best to make it fun! Cassandra at the front desk is very knowledgeable and friendly. And of course, my girl Keri! She makes the best drinks around and provides such great entertainment! She keeps me laughing all day!
I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!