“club ambiance is nice place to relax with no kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Ambiance

You added Club Ambiance to your Saves list
Club Ambiance
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road, PO Box 20 | Saint Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
london
“club ambiance is nice place to relax with no kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2003

we had a great time in club ambiance, the room was large and clean although the bathroom was a bit dated and the air conditioning was very noisy. the food was good although it did get a bit boring towards the end of our stay. it was always fresh and hot though which was good.the drinks all tasted the same but again they were nice. the entertainment was ok. the beach is tiny but the snorkelling was fun and the pool was always clean and not busy. we were lucky enough to hire a car for 3 days which was brilliant, although we were told it was not advisable we had no problems. we drove down to the south of the island and stayed in a place called treaure beach which was beautiful. the south of the island is less touristy, we visted some wonderful places and will definately return here next year. as for club ambiance it was great if you like that all inclusive feel and we had a good time although i doubt if we will return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2003

Yes I did take my trip, and it was the best money I have ever spent in my life. My trip was from Sat. Sept. 20-23,2003. My best friend Debra and I went, and we had a blast. From the time that we landed everything was in order. We got through customs and immigration and someone was there to direct us to the counter to get our tour bus to the resort.
The ride was there was beautiful. When we arrived and checked in, Margarita the front desk clerk made us feel so welcome and comfortable, not to mention the rum punch that greeted us at the front desk by a lovely bell hop named Winston. He showed us to our room, which did over look the ocean, and lovely scenery, and within fifteen minutes we were in our swimsuits hitting the private beach. We instantly made friends with two couples from London, and had a blast with them. The food was excellent every night, no complaints at all. Seasoned to perfection, and the drinks were not watered down, and each one came served with a smile. On Sunday, we hired a JUTA driver to show us the sights and take us snorkeling, although we could of done it with the resort, we wanted to see sights first hand and not be rushed. I got my hair done there at the spa, and Heather did such a nice job for me. It is two weeks and a day since we left Jamaica and my braids are still in, I received so many compliments on them. What can I say, the live shows were lively and very entertaining. Especially the amazing princess Dionne who limboed under a bar on fire that was about 12 inches off of the ground.
Damian the head of entertainment had the resort rocking to his tunes, Neal, and Shawna also did a fabulous job, in getting crowd participation. With all that said, it should be of no shock to you that we plan on going back in six months. Club Ambiance has met every expectation that we had. Club Ambiance is the middle class five star resort! It was not to loud, the staff was not stuck up at all, the food tasted as if my Mom was in the kitchen cooking everyday, (and that is pretty damn good!). I am sending my parents there before the end of the year, and my sisters and sister-in-law and I will be going next spring.
The weather was even perfect for us, at night we were relaxing and swinging in hammocks underneath the Milky Way, yes the freaking Milky Way in the sky. I have never in my life seen it before, except for in science books, and there it was in plain view. It is one of Jamaica's best kept secrets. We witnessed a couple from UK, get married there, and if God so sees fit, I too will go back to Club Ambiance and marry the man I met there. Shawna, Heather, Sharene, Jasmine, Desmond H., Neal and Damian are worth their weight in gold, very genuine and very nice. Thanks again, and have fun.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2003

Me and my husband spent 3 weeks at club ambiance last october and anyone that can't have a fantastic holiday there should give it up as a bad job. we were made to feel so at home everyone was so friendly and could'nt do enough for you.It was the holiday of our lives and we will be going back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2003

I have just returned from my honeymoon at Club Ambiance. I did a lot of research before planning my trip and both my husband and I decided that we needed rest and relaxation after the stress of planning our wedding.
Club Ambiance was our ticket! We were extremely impressed at the staff, remembering our names, knowing our drinks and overall politeness. The beach area was perfect for tanning, relaxing in the cove on a float or just reading a good book. The entertainment through the hotel was good.
They had something planned everyday. We really enjoyed the food. There was a neat selection of delecacies to tempt every palate. And do take advantage of the Terrace Grill reservation dinner. It was well worth it. We had a wonderful time at Club Ambiance and we hope that more people will realize what a fantastic surprise this place really is!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2003

I couldn't have had a better time if I had a "vacation planner". The accomdations we had were lovely. The room was immaculately clean every day. Our view was incredible; walkway into a garden which led right down to the beach path. Yes, the beaches are small and rocky, as are most on this side of the island. Bring your beach shoes, and no problem mon!! The entertainment staff was just that - very entertaining. If you're not used to the dialect, maybe you won't understand everything; but respect and and appreciation of other cultures will certainly help. The staff was more than willing to acommodate us with any request we had. A private guide took us to island attractions - - I definitely recommend snorkeling in Ochos Rios and do not miss Dunns River Falls. Not only will I be returning to Club Ambiance, I will be referring other friends. If you're looking for the party scene and long sandy beaches, this is not your place. If you want to relax and enjoy good food, good people and breath-taking views - - I hope you have as good a time as we. IRIE MON! Feel free to email any questions you may have.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2003

I thought that Club Ambiance was awesome! I would not listen to what these reviews say. It was very European and also very Jamaican. People keep trashing the place, but if you want American hotels, then stay in America! I think that people are forgetting that they are in a third world country and that these hotels, especially Club Ambiance because it is not a mega-chain, are trying to provide service that is what they think American's want. My husband and I went there on our honeymoon - and we are 24 and 28, so we are not old by any means - and we had a blast! We were looking to snorkel and hang out and that is what we did.
The staff was friendly and for what it was, the food was pretty good - if you have some extra to spend, definitely have "dinner" one night - it is reservation only and the food was spectacular! We stayed for a week, and we definitely did not want to leave when it came time. If, no when, we go back to Jamiaca we are going back to Club Ambiance because we had such a good time and the people were fabulous to us. The snorkeling was awesome, there is plenty to see once you go outside of the roped area - which is perfectly safe, we saw all kinds of coral and tropical fish. We were scared too after reading the other reviews, and the outside of the place is a little to be desired, but the inside was nice and the rooms were decent. Above all, there is no cruise traffic!
After staying at Club Ambiance all tucked away, we hated to go to the city and deal with all the tourists and people bothering you. Please don't listen to these other reviews if you want a real taste of Jamaica, Club Ambiance was great, very accomodating, and above all clean!

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2003

This place is a joke! Bugs, terrible food, terrible accommodations...cats everywhere, large biting bugs...I just got back & have been to all other areas of Jamaica, and I have always enjoyed myself in MoBay & Negril. Runaway Bay is no place for beaches or vacation. I must admit I never have stayed at a more awful resort, and I use the word loosely.

Been to Club Ambiance? Share your experiences!