Just returned from Runnaway Bay Jamaica, back to Amsterdam.....a magic place according to the Jamaican but .......a magic place is just that where we came from.
Two years ago we went for the first time, to Negril...Couples hotel....What is there to add to that??? Nothing can beat that.....but still.
Club Ambiance is not a 5* hotel, it is not located on the long sandy beach of Negril where you can swim every morning at 06.00 in the nude with star fish and stingray's...No it's not but that is the only thing it is not. It's a 3* palace with a huge Colonial status and yet with the freedom feeling of what Jamaica is all about. For you as a tourist, as a visitor who spends his holiday with them they are absolutely doing: not their best but their VERY best. I read some one wrote the reception desk was not that nice????? Was he wearing his dark glasses??? Mrs Mckenzie at the reception is one of the most loving and cheerfull people I have ever met.... You have a problem...she will solve it...
We as Dutch are not used to a lot of service (I must admit that there is a huge difference between the US and Europe) but service is their middle name......
The hotel is a all inclusive resort and it was all inclusive....How many cocktails can you drink?, How much wonderfull, fresh food can you taste? How many giant beds do you want in your room? How much sunshine can you wish for?
Beaches...ok, It is not one big one....It is several (4/5) small ones, but they give you the feeling of owning your private beach and sharing it just with some friends and neighbours. In which resort do you know all the guests after 2 day's and do you get in contact with people from all over the world....has a Hot hot hot tub that no one else uses at the moment you use it. Which hotel gives you the feeling that you are not a guest but family even though you do not look very related:-)
My husband and I are very much to ourselves, we do not need any entertainment team on holiday's.... yet the team of CA knew how to trigger us, not with everything but less is more....
Some practical advise: Rooms are clean, Tv is good, pillows for beach beds are picked up near the pool, any time you like. Clean towels as of 07.00 same place. Wine is from Chili and nice (merlot) Beer seems to be very populair, cocktails, hmmm but be care full with the Big Bamboo:-) and walk to the beach near the bar, there is a murena living under the rock, if you feed him/her some bread she might come out of hiding if you feed her sausages it surely will.
The Jamaican people are the most fiendly in the world, tread them that way too and you will have friends for life.......
We'll be back.......
Any questions...please ask
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shuttle Bus service attract an extra charge. Airport Transportation attract an extra charge. Free internet service only in lobby area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Club Ambiance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Ambiance Hotel Runaway Bay
- Ambiance Hotel Runaway Bay
- Resort All Inclusive Ambiance
- Club Ambiance Jamaica/Runaway Bay
- Club Ambience Jamaica