“Clean and Safe” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Runaway Bay
Calgary, Canada
“Clean and Safe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Tamarind a few times. A basic room, that is clean with a comfortable bed and pillows. Has air conditioning in each room, private shower with hot water and good water pressure. The front desk is respectful and courteous with about your privacy and safety.
If you want a basic hotel at a super price this is a great place to stay for a few days. It is no all inclusive but if you just want a safe clean place to sleep this is a great find. (close to restaurants, grocery stores and across the street from flavours and runaway bay public beach).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the the Tamarind Tree resort for one night. One thing about this resort is the consistency in price. It has been the same for three years and this is from January to December. It is comfortable and the room is worth more than the price. I can say this because i have stayed in many hotels in jamaica and their rooms are comparable with many surrounding all inclusive resorts.
The staff are well trained in customer service which can make or break your stay. The water pressure was excellent in the bathroom and as i said it was overnight what more could i ask for a comfortable bed, nice bathroom, cable tv.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We took this hotel only as we arrived late this evening and there were not even a few options to stay overnight. We had two rooms, in one we had a huge cockroach. The service guy came, saw, hit the cockroach and left. No other room was provided and the hotel was not fully booked at all. The hotel pool was so dirty we were not ready to jump in The hotel is directly besides an electricity station and located directly at the main street, so you should have a deep sleep to ignore these noises.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Manchester, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

Having booked our stay on line and had many conversations with the staff at Tamarind Tree we were ready to spend a week at what we considered to be a reasonable price of 78USD. We had stayed at the Tamarind Tree in 2001 and although the hotel was a little basic it suited our needs. We have family living in St Ann and so most of our time would be spent visiting.
On this occasion we were told that there had been improvements in decor and the basic standards had been upgraded. We however after booking in, asked if it were possible to get something to eat from the restaurant and was told that the restaurant was closed for refurbishment. Never mind there was to be no food available but even a cup of tea or cafe was not available. The "hotel" had not changed one bit and we were absolutely appalled by the misinformation we received. An absolute nightmare. The staffs were of no help and I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Stayed April 2007
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2007

We had a lovely stay at this quaint little establishment. This was our first trip to Jamaica and we heard about this spot from friends who had discovered it a few years ago. It is a family run hotel, about a 5 minute walk from the beach. The atmosphere is very serene. The staff is incredibly friendly. Our room was adorable. I would definitely go back.

• Liked — It was cute and the owners are friendly and knowledgeable about the area
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2004

I enjoyed my weekend at Tamarind Tree Resort.
And i belive my associates share the same view as well. We were well taken care of and excellent service was shown. The only thing that i will recommend for this resort is that more entertainment be provided especialy for young people like myself.

nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2004

After spending a month online researching for economical hotels that were above standarad, I was amazed to find The Tamarind Tree Resort. The Tamarind Tree Hotel is a cozy, family run establishment that is centrally located in one of Jamaica's best kept secret destinations: Runaway Bay! (I was surprised to see a few all-inclusive super clubs spring up right down the road next to the Tamarind Tree Hotel which has been around for years.) Thanks to the internet because if you weren't part of a lucky group of people, the only way to find out about this gem is through word of mouth. The Tamarind Tree Resort is an established hotel in Runaway Bay. Their location is exclusive, quiet, cozy safe and central to the other adjoining and at times overpriced expensive super resorts. I was surprised and happy to be able to walk right down the road to check out all the oother commercial resorts in the area. And then head back to my private, quiet cozy hotel to enjoy my stay and plan for the next day. ( I really saved a huge amount of money compared to all the hotels in that area. So with more money available, I was able to see and experience more of jamaica.) I know this is funny, but you know Jamaica is known for sun and sunhine so at times you just want to lay back in your cozy room, flick on the tv, sip on some juices, watch videos, news or whatever. I must admit, the Air conditioners blow out ice cold air! Th A/C in my room was soooooo cold i had to sleep under the blanket! I love that! I love that! Hats off to The Tamarind Tree Resort for being an econmically priced hotel that offers comfortability, safety, and a central location in the beautiful part of Runaway Bay.

Been to Tamarind Tree Resort? Share your experiences!