Just returned from my first trip to Jamaica. I had a fantastic time and the hotel was great (after I was switched to the Grade Lido Braco, Jamaica).
Breezes was the worst.
Our room wasn't ready even though it was past 3:00pm. While we waited, we had lunch - food was awful, then we made an appointment at the spa (extremely small and nasty). Once we got to our room, the view was of woods and was very small. We barely had any drawer space. The bathroom was Ok. At around 5:00pm there was a blackout. You couldn't see your hand before your face. We somehow found our way to the lobby and asked for information, the people at the deks barely acknowledged us. So we decided to feel our way to the cafe. We ate dinner by candlelight - once again the food was poor. We asked one of the workers if they knew what the problem was and how long - he turned his back on us as did one of the bartenders we tried to talk to.
Finally found our way back to the lobby to beg for candles (at this time, it is about 9:00pm). We asked the manager on site if we could change to another hotel that evening, she indicated that the entire country of Jamaica had no lights - we found that hard to beleive. We managed to climb the pitch black staircase, feel along the walls and found our room. The next morning, we called our travel agent back in the United States and was able to get switched to the Grand Lido Braco at no extra charge. They had a bus ready within the half-hour to take us to the new hotel. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. We would have walked to the Grand Lido if we had to.
Once at the Grand Lido we asked several guests if there was a blackout at the hotel and they said "No". The staff at Breezes were rude and uncooperative (you would have thought that we were staying at the hotel for free). The only shining light was one of the bellmen, Curtus Sargent. He was nice and didn't want us to leave, but alas we could not stay. If you decide to go to Breezes I hope you had a better time than I did.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Runaway Bay Breezes
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.