Customer Service: This is the hotel's biggest downfall and resulted in the average rating. They don't have enough staff which resulted in many delays in receiving service or getting into a restaurant which was only half full. We often got our own beer, orange juice, etc. because it took so long for the staff to bring it. This negatively impacted our stay since it happened on most days. They refused to offer us late check-out even though we had an extended stay at the hotel. They even ran out of ketchup!!! They also asked about birthday celebrations upon check-in but did nothing.
Wi-fi: Wi-fi is terrible and my family likes to stay connected to the web. It only worked well in the lobby and a few other areas. But even in the lobby the wi-fi was not sufficient to do any downloads.
Food: If you like Jamaican food, you will get it here - especially in the morning. Where was the fried ripe plantains though? It only made an appearance once.
Live Shows: If you like Reggae (which I do), you will enjoy the live shows. The skits and talent shows were also very good. I should have taken more advantage of this.
Kids Club: This is free and the kids loved it! Even the child of family member who initially didn't want to go ended up loving it.
"Waterview" means pool view (we thought that we would have a view of the ocean, but instead had a partial view of the pool). The grounds are nice. The beach is nice. You do not have to wear wrist bands which is a nice plus. The food presentation at the Platinum restaurant made us smile. My parents did not like the shopping trip to Ocho Rios as they were only taken to one specific shopping center which apparently has a relationship with the driver and did not have what they were looking for. Rooms come with free water and soda (some room types also come with beer and wine). The rooms are ok. The town of Ocho Rios is only 20 mins away. Guests receive free rides to/from the Montego Bay airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica