FIrst let me start by saying I agree totally with the previous reviewer from Martinez, Georgia.
This was our 6th trip to the Jewel Resorts and our 20 something trip to Jamaica. We love the Jewel, the staff and the manager, Scott Robbins, who does an amazing job on a daily basis. We've been to JRB twice and are planning our 3rd trip with our kids and grandkids. This time it was just the two of us and we'd go back again in a heartbeat with or without the family. It's our favorite resort in Jamaica right now because of the beautiful beach, the wonderful staff, good food and the affordable price. We noticed lots of improvements since our stay there 6 months ago; the food is better, the drinks and top shelf availability for a moderate resort was also good. I think most all of the rooms have been redone and you can see lots of improvements throughout the property. We enjoyed the entertainment esp. the Silver Birds Steel Drum Band, the performers at the Night Under the Stars and the Casino Night which was great fun.
Our favorite restaurant was Moonstone but the kids will love Platinum with their unique presentations of food and we also enjoyed the piano player who played every night we were there.
I had a great massage one morning by Sara Kate? not sure of her name which is why I should have written this review 2 weeks ago right after we got home. Maid service was great and our room was very nice - comfy bed & good pillows.
The kids club is amazing and we can't wait for our grandkids to participate. They have it separated into different age groups and it is so not a babysitting service. They do everything with them. One day they were taking the older group to the Japanese Restaurant while it was closed to show them how sushi is made. I couldn't believe it. What an amazing experience for them. The little ones have a princess/pirate closet that's right out of a Department Store.
There were also a lot of weddings there and I think it must be a great place for them. They have a lovely little chapel on the beach with carved wood pews/benches.
The only thing I didn't like was some of the music at the pool behind the Coral Cafe and that's just my preference - I like a lot of reggae and not so much loud pop music when I'm in Jamaica. The infinity pool seemed to play more Bob Marley - the music I prefer while on vacation in Jamaica.
As far as a previous poster's comment about the locals at the water park, 2 of the 4 times we were there there were school classes and the kids were great to be around, having a blast and very polite. We met one young boy in particular who I won't forget by the name of Giovanni. I won't mention his last name but he gave us a little tour of the lazy river and talked to us about the best things to do while in the area. We really enjoyed his company. It was a great experience. The other 2 days there was hardly anyone in the park so no problem with crowds and no waiting in line like all of the the water parks in the U.S. that I've been to.
The beach is wonderful and there is no problem getting towels or chairs. There are 3 pools to choose from and we visited all of them and they're great. There are 2 hottubs; one is hidden in the gardens so you may not even find it unless you're looking for it.
All I can say is GO. If you considering this resort or another - Pick This One! You'll have a terrific vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica