Just got back from a week long vacation at the Jewel. Can't say enough about how wonderfully we were treated by all the staff. Check in was fairly quick and smooth. We were greeted with a cool towel and drink of the day. Although we were not thrilled with the first room we were assigned to, Ermalyn, the head of housekeeping, quickly took care of that. Ermalyn we can't thank you enough for setting us up with a great room and great view! Big shout out to Joseph at the pool who had our chairs set up every morning with towels and flowers. Thank you so much! Many thanks to our housekeeper, Morvet, who was always so pleasant and brought out the child in us by leaving amazing towel animals everyday. Our room was always spotless and stocked with plenty of clean towels. We miss your smiling face everyday and kind way.Thank you to Remington on the beach who was always fun to talk to and always checked on us even when we moved up to the pool area. Food at the resort was very good. We really enjoyed the Platinum Restaurant for dinners. We went three times and both agree that when we go back we would go there every night for dinner. We really enjoyed the food and the piano player was outstanding. Moonstone was also good. We particularly enjoyed the pizza place, Jesters. Coming from New York we really were not expecting much, but we were pleasantly surprised as the pizza was really good. Ask for thin crust and crispy - so good. Try the eggplant and margarita pizzas. Honestly, we were not a fan of the Jade Samurai, it was just not what we were used to. It would be great if the resort would consider a steakhouse. We enjoyed the buffet everyday for breakfast. Thank you Jesse for all those great omelets. Thank you to Tina at the buffet who greeted us every morning with her warm smile and friendly conversation. We usually had lunch at the grill. Great jerk chicken, burgers, wraps and salads.. Also, the nice thing about the grill, is that they had the pasta station everyday which is great if you have little kids along. We like the fact the resort was so lively. Music throughout the day, many activities for adults as well as children. Entertainment at night was always fun. Particularly enjoyed the Steel drum band and the circus. Beach is beautiful and always easy to find chairs. Can't say enough good things about this resort. Finally, the biggest thank you to Scott Robbins, the GM of this resort, who so patiently answered all my emails. Definitely a hands on manager and so visible throughout the resort. We really enjoyed our conversation with you out by the pool. Scott you are doing a great job! This is one of the best resorts we have ever been to. We can't wait to come back. Thank you to all the staff at Jewel Runaway Bay for making our vacation one to remember.
John & Linda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica