“This Jewel just keeps shining!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort

You added Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Street | North Coast Hwy, St. Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica (Formerly Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
EXTRA 10% OFF
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
GreenLeadersGold level
Peekskill, New York
“This Jewel just keeps shining!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was either my 5th or 6th stay at JRB and my 17th trip to Jamaica. i stayed 8 nights this time (instead of only 6, 6 isn't enough anymore!). When I was there last in November the water park site was just dirt, now it is complete and fabulous!

Everything was even more wonderful than before and i really didn't think that was possible! One word of advice...enjoy every second because the time just flies right by! Also, if you have any complaints, voice them nicely as soon as they arise and they will be taken care of, don't wait until you get home.

I got to the Blue Hole this time, actually rented a car for the day to go, it was so beautiful, definite must see. Mosquitos were not as bad as people have been saying, only got bit a couple of times on two nights, just bring some natural roll on insect repellant in case. See Frederick (one of the chefs), Miguel on the beach and definitely check out the golf course!!

Don't want to repeat everything that I wrote in previous reviews for the same property but i did want to make it known that this is still the most wonderful property and if you haven't been yet....GO!!!!

And thank you Mr. Robbins once again! It was great to see you!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband, 15 year old and 12 year old girls, and I stayed here in early April for spring break. It was everyone's favorite family vacation yet! It started off not so great when they over-booked the ocean front concierge room we reserved, and put us in 2 of what might have been the worst rooms in the resort. They said they didn't have anything else available, but would move us the next day, which they did, to 2 great rooms. They more than made up for the mistake. My advice here is to be vocal but polite, and to give them a chance, and it will all work out. These things do happen. From there it became a low stress and thoroughly enjoyable vacation. You've probably read all about everything by now & the only thing I'd add is to state that you can get as involved as you want, or as was in our case, stay more low keyed, and have just as great of a time. We tried every restaurant but the Italian. Everyone always liked the buffet, LOVED the pizza at the pizza restaurant, Platinum was so-so, but fun (didn't care for their breakfast & the buffet breakfast is so plentiful - my girls enjoyed the smoothies, waffles, Egg Boy, etc. etc.!), and the Hibachi place was okay. The beach party was fun & food was great - don't miss that if you're there. We missed the Manager's cocktail party and dinner by the pool, but that looked very nice. It's just the most comfortable resort & the size is one of the huge perks. The other is the relaxed and friendly staff. We want to try another island with our girls just to do so, but I really don't think anything will be better, so we may come back here! Thank you to Scott and the entire Jewel staff!

Room Tip: We had an ocean & view pool 2nd floor room & loved it. Plunge pools looked cool & do hav...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I really can't say enough about the staff at this resort. I know I will leave some names out. I'm going to do my best to call out the folks that made our stay such a wonderful experience. Starting with the guys at the water sports area; Delroy, Ryan, Fitzroy and the boat captain (didn't catch his name). They made our adventures in the ocean just a pleasure. From the glass boat trip, to scuba instruction, to just taking a sail on a Hobie Cat, they made us feel important.

The restaraunt service was wonderful as well. Annemar in Platinum for breakfast, Richard in the buffet area treated us well. I was impressed with the service as well as the quality of the food, especially in the buffet.

If you do stay there, I would recommend eating dinner at Platinum at least once. It is without a doubt the most impressive presentation of food that I have ever seen.

The resort is not perfect, however. Our room smelled a bit musty several times during our trip. I would recommend improvements to the air conditioning systems to help improve that issue.

If you want a contemporary resort, this is not for you. If you want to stay somewhere with clean rooms, great grounds, including a water park for the kids, great pools and a lot of activity for all ages, book this resort.

That said, I will be back at this resort as soon as I can afford it.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a plunge pool. We loved ours.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
rasbrat, General Manager at Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Larry,
thank you for staying with us at Jewel Runaway Bay as well as all of your feedback. I appreciate you mentioning the staff that make your stay special.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It is a excellent hotel. The staff there is very wonderful and courteous, they really, really take care of you and makes you feel welcome. I can recommend this hotel. Because I had a great time there with my family.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
rasbrat, General Manager at Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Philmore,
Thank you for staying with us at Jewel Runaway Bay. We look forward to your return.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My friend and I visited Jewel Runaway Bay in Jamaica in mid-March. We worked with Mike and Amy McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services and would recommend their services to anyone. They helped us decide which resort was best for us and answered all of our questions.

Once we got to the resort we were greeted with cool drinks and checked in quickly. We were able to go to our rooms right away even though it was before check in time. We stayed in an Oceanfront Junior Suite which was spacious and had a great view. The beach at Jewel is stunning. The sand is so fine and white and the ocean is the clearest I’ve ever seen. There wasn’t any seaweed. I can’t emphasize enough how beautiful this beach is! It was a warm day so the light breeze off the ocean felt great. We tried the Court Jester's Fire-Oven pizza for lunch. The employees working there were great and made the lunch very fun and enjoyable. The seating is all outdoor but there are large umbrellas to provide shade.

We went to back to the pool after lunch and decided to hit up the pool bar. They have great drinks and always have a drink of the day. We especially enjoyed their frozen drinks. Right beside the main pool there is Aquamarina Beach Grill. They have snacks and light food such as nachos, burgers and wraps. It is in a great location and convenient since you can walk over in your bathing suit. We ate dinner at Jade Samurai, the Hibachi restaurant. This is the only restaurant that you need reservations for however that was not a problem. We had such a good time at this meal with the other guests and interacting with the chef. The food was great.

That night after dinner we went to see the entertainment which was a steel drum band. They played and danced modern songs and songs from the past. It was very fun and entertaining! It seemed like almost the whole resort was there to watch but there were plenty of seats for everyone.

The next day we ate both breakfast and lunch at the Coral Café. They had a wide variety of food. For breakfast they had an omelet station and lunch a pasta bar. They also had soft serve ice cream at lunch which was a nice refreshing treat! After lunch we went to the new waterpark, Jewel Lagoon. There is a spray park, two big slides, a few smaller slides and a lazy river. Even as adults, we had fun. There is also a snack area similar to Aquamarina inside the waterpark area.

For dinner, several people had recommended that we try the Caribbean Cuisine restaurant, so we did. This was a very interesting eating experience as food is brought out on different displays. For example, I ordered snapper fish as my entrée and it came out on a glass plate sitting on top of a small fish tank with a live snapper swimming in it! It definitely made for a great conversation piece! For dessert, I ordered a chocolate dessert with ice cream and it came out in a toy treasure chest! It was a very fun meal, the service was quick and the food was delicious. I’m very glad we tried it.

The next morning we headed back home. Jewel provides transfers back to the airport. We were transported in a shuttle bus with air conditioning, comfortable seats and free Wi-Fi. The driver also acted as a tour guide, giving us facts about Jamaica our entire ride there. When we arrived at the airport, we used the Club MoBay departure service. This was definitely a good decision. Club MoBay is air conditioned has snacks and a bar. There is also free Wi-Fi. It was a great way to end our trip.

Overall we had a great trip to Jamaica and can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Jen,
thank you so much for staying with us at jewel runaway bay. I am glad to hear that you and your friend enjoyed yourselves.
Atco, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I stay at jewel with out 2 year old child. This resort was extremely child friendly. They had a free daycare until 9 pm every night. The activities were listed for the day so you knew where your child would be the entire day and the staff were extremely friendly. We honestly felt out child was in good hands.

The water park was our child's favorite part of the trip. The majority of the park is dedicated to children. There are a couple big slides for the adults.

They had two separate pools. One for adults and another one that was about two feet deep.

The staff was friendly and we left all of our valuables out and did not have any issues.

If we every came back to Jamaica, we would stay here. Again

Stayed May 2015
Dear guest
thank you for staying with us at Jewel Runaway Bay. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself. We look forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Me and my family had the most amazing time here, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, the food and drinks were great, it had a great beach and with all kinds of fun water activities. We really loved all the staff in the Kids club, they were great with our daughter and made it easy for us to have fun knowing our girl was in great hand. I will deffinatly be visiting this place again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
rasbrat, General Manager at Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear guest,
thank you so much for staying with us at Jewel Runaway Bay. We look forward to your return in the future.
Scott

Been to Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!