My friend and I visited Jewel Runaway Bay in Jamaica in mid-March. We worked with Mike and Amy McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services and would recommend their services to anyone. They helped us decide which resort was best for us and answered all of our questions.
Once we got to the resort we were greeted with cool drinks and checked in quickly. We were able to go to our rooms right away even though it was before check in time. We stayed in an Oceanfront Junior Suite which was spacious and had a great view. The beach at Jewel is stunning. The sand is so fine and white and the ocean is the clearest I’ve ever seen. There wasn’t any seaweed. I can’t emphasize enough how beautiful this beach is! It was a warm day so the light breeze off the ocean felt great. We tried the Court Jester's Fire-Oven pizza for lunch. The employees working there were great and made the lunch very fun and enjoyable. The seating is all outdoor but there are large umbrellas to provide shade.
We went to back to the pool after lunch and decided to hit up the pool bar. They have great drinks and always have a drink of the day. We especially enjoyed their frozen drinks. Right beside the main pool there is Aquamarina Beach Grill. They have snacks and light food such as nachos, burgers and wraps. It is in a great location and convenient since you can walk over in your bathing suit. We ate dinner at Jade Samurai, the Hibachi restaurant. This is the only restaurant that you need reservations for however that was not a problem. We had such a good time at this meal with the other guests and interacting with the chef. The food was great.
That night after dinner we went to see the entertainment which was a steel drum band. They played and danced modern songs and songs from the past. It was very fun and entertaining! It seemed like almost the whole resort was there to watch but there were plenty of seats for everyone.
The next day we ate both breakfast and lunch at the Coral Café. They had a wide variety of food. For breakfast they had an omelet station and lunch a pasta bar. They also had soft serve ice cream at lunch which was a nice refreshing treat! After lunch we went to the new waterpark, Jewel Lagoon. There is a spray park, two big slides, a few smaller slides and a lazy river. Even as adults, we had fun. There is also a snack area similar to Aquamarina inside the waterpark area.
For dinner, several people had recommended that we try the Caribbean Cuisine restaurant, so we did. This was a very interesting eating experience as food is brought out on different displays. For example, I ordered snapper fish as my entrée and it came out on a glass plate sitting on top of a small fish tank with a live snapper swimming in it! It definitely made for a great conversation piece! For dessert, I ordered a chocolate dessert with ice cream and it came out in a toy treasure chest! It was a very fun meal, the service was quick and the food was delicious. I’m very glad we tried it.
The next morning we headed back home. Jewel provides transfers back to the airport. We were transported in a shuttle bus with air conditioning, comfortable seats and free Wi-Fi. The driver also acted as a tour guide, giving us facts about Jamaica our entire ride there. When we arrived at the airport, we used the Club MoBay departure service. This was definitely a good decision. Club MoBay is air conditioned has snacks and a bar. There is also free Wi-Fi. It was a great way to end our trip.
Overall we had a great trip to Jamaica and can’t wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica