We got married at the jewel last week and our experience could not have been any better! Nakeiliah our wedding planner was amazing! She was extremely professional and made sure our wedding was everything we wanted. The staff at our reception were exceptional. I requested our photographer Omar based on trip advisor reviews and was very happy I did! He was so friendly and professional and we are more then happy with the way our photos turned out! If you are getting married at the jewel ask for Omar!
The resort is gorgeous. The beach is beautiful- no rocks or seaweed! I loved the food and I am a very picky eater. There is tons of variety and I loved every meal I had there.
There is lots of activities throughout the day and great entertainment at night. I never really participated in any but Sparkle still knew my name and came to my wedding to watch like she said she would:) We all really enjoyed the disco and the snack bar on the beach that is open all night!
The waterpark is a great addition to the resort. It never felt crowded at all, we rode the same slide 20 times in a row and never waited in line. I am not sure why people have complained about the no jewelry rule it's not a big deal at all. I had my brand new wedding ring on and the lifeguard just put some masking tape over it and let me ride the slide no problem,
I had also read a lot of complaints about the resort being over crowded due to the amount of day passes given out but we were there when the resort was at capacity and it never once felt crowded
I was really worried about the amount of mosquitoes having read all the reviews. Are there mosquitoes around the hotel in the evening? Yes but there's also a lot of mosquitoes in Ontario once it gets warm so what can you do. There only really bad from about 4 to 6 they aren't an issue during the day or late at night
Overall we travelled with a group of over 40 people snd everyone had an amazing time! I would strongly recommend this hotel especially fir a wedding! I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica