Have just returned from 2 week stay at the Jewel Runaway Bay. I don't know where to start with this review as the whole 2 weeks was just fabulous from start to finish. Cannot understand why the Jewel does not have a 4* rating it so deserves it. The place is very clean not only the rooms but all the resturants, public area's, bar's and toilets are kept to a very high standard by all members of staff who genually take a pride in the jobs they do.
The 5 different resturants plus the the Coral Bay Buffet are all excellent with plenty of choice for everyone. We visited all of them more than once during the 2 weeks. Each one has something different about it and the service was second to none plus the food and amount of courses and choice made some of our resturants look very very poor.
We loved the Jade Samuri not only for the excellent food cooked in front of you but for great entertainment by the chefs whilst cooking your dinner.
The Platinumn was again a favorite the food was excellent and the novelty value of how the food was served was exciting. My surf & turf was no ordinary one!!! Oh no it was a Sirloin Steak yummy with a whole Lobster Tail!!! My husband loved his dessert served in a Tonka Truck and my heavenly Chocolate Dessert came in a Treasure Chest soo exciting.
The Moonstone Italian resteruant was just as excellent with food ranging from delicious Pasta's to sucellant Lamb and great Fish. Again 4 courses if you could manage in a beautiful setting by the sea.
The Coral Bay resturant was the self service area which i am glad to say did not look or feel like a school canteen. Lovely surroundings each morning looking out to sea whilst eating a fabulous breakfast so much choice it was amazing and nice and hot. Evening Buffet was just as lovely with so much to try.
We both loved the entertainment the resident band were very good the Steel Band were excellant we went both Sunday evening's a show not to be missed not just great young musicians but so entertaining and sooo much energy. The band and singer at the Cocktail & Pool Party were very good as was the singer in the Coral Bay.
It was so lovely not to have to wake at the crack of dawn to put towels on sunbeds!!!! There was always plenty. Beaches, Pools & new Waterpark were excellant as were the watersports. Loved the Hobbycat glad i didn't chicken out of coming down the Big Yellow slide in a Big Blue Doughnut!!! Not bad at 65!!!. The snorkelling was fantastic lots of very pretty fish saw different fish each day we went.
Well i could go on praising The Jewel Runaway Bay for such an excellent 2 weeks stay which was a lovely surprise from my husband for my 65th birthday. A big Thank you to the following staff who where so happy pleasent and such cheerful people that made our stay such a joy.
Wilmay Johnston - Our room maid who was so lovely and helped so much to releive the very annoying mosquitos!!! They seemed to love me for some reason.
Sherlee - At main reception who made us so welcome and arranged without me knowing for a Birthday Cake & lovely letter to be put in our room. Such a surprise.
Annmar, Claudia & Richard in the Coral Bay. Always helpful, chatty and such nice people it was a pleasure to see their smiley faces at breakfast & Dinner.
Jason, Christopher thanks for all the lovely cocktails and gin & tonics for hubby.
Logan,Andre, Kelvin - for all the lovely service in the resturants you all are excellent at what you do.
Finally a huge Thank You to the very funny and entertaining chef of the morning' s EGG BOY. What a joy he kept us so entertained could not but want some sort of egg each morning. He is great.
Sadly we had to leave but a huge thank you to all your staff Scott who are so good at there jobs cheerful and happy always ready with a smile. They are a credit to you and we will hopefully be able to return soon for another relaxing holiday. Please pass our thanks on to the people i have mentioned as they really did make our stay one we will not forget. Keep up the good work Scott you have a very special place in paradise. Ray & Sandy room 2132. Xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica