“Horrible family atmosphere” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort

You added Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Street | North Coast Hwy, St. Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica (Formerly Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
EXTRA 10% OFF
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Runaway Bay
“Horrible family atmosphere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

We stayed here as multiple familes for an event. The resort was not accomadating to large groups. Couldn't seat us togather for any thing. We had a small infant with us and there was 1 trash can on the entire beach for trash disposal of diapers and other products. It was hard to find high chairs when we needed them. The food wasn't as good as other resorts I have stayed in. We rented a cabana one day and were supposed to have someone check on us and serve us beverages and food. We were not checked on once in the 7 hours we were there. We had the infant under the cabana all day so an adult family member was present the whole day. The coustmer services was just horrible. I wouldn't recommeded this resort to anyone

• Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Hayward, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We started out being friends and ended up being better friends. We stayed for 8 days at Jewels Run Away Resort Resort. We had a wonderful time . We had stayed there last year too. The beach is great the loungers were very nice. We missed a few workers that were know longer with the Resort. The reef that is just of the beach area was loaded with colorful fish. We'll be back again.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just came back from our family vacation (2 adults, 2 kids 8y and 11y) from JRB. We spend there 9 nights.
We had a fantastic time there. The resort is not too big so everything is close by and it feels like family, but it is big enough to have all the entertainment your need and more.
It is clean and well maintained.
The manager, Scott, can be seen walking around the property very regularly and seemed very friendly approchable. But as we did not have any issue we did not bother him.
The staff was very helpful and very friendly at all time, especially the beach waiters Javan and Miguel.
The room was great (we stayed in one of the suite with plunge pool).
The beach is very nice for the kids, great sand for castle and the water is not too deep (but deep enough to swim). The coral reef nearby the beach has plently of fishes to look at.
The watersports (hobbies, windsurf) are a bit limited due to the proximity of the coral reef (one can't have everything!). You can't the hobbie by yourself and the windsurf is limited between the beach and the reef (which is about 30m). That was the only disapointment from the stay.
The golf course is nice with view on the ocean and really on the resort (no need of lengthy transfer). Not the best golf though (maybe I was spoilled), but good enough for the purpose, including practice facilities free of charge.
The food was good and varied. There are several restaurant and you can take the food from one and eat it somewhere else. So everybody can have his favorite food every time.
On the last day, we had our bus to the airport at 4pm but we had the room only until 12pm as the hotel was very busy. But at 2:30pm they allow us to use another oom for a shower and get ready for departure. So we really could enjoy our last day until the very last moment. Very much appreciated!
The kids did not use the kid's club as they'd rather staying with us, but we could see the other kids had a lot of fun and the activity were varied. The teen room with the video games, football table, hokey table was quite basic, but you are here to be on the beach not in front of the video game!
The water park should be ready in April and that we will be great for our next visit.
Yes, we WILL come back!

PS to the room service: why are you putting the quilt upside down? They put the feet of the quilt cover (with the opening) at the head, and the head at the feet! I could not figure out why. Everyday we were changing it, and every time they made up the the bed they put it back upside down! It made us laugh more than anything and we gave up after 4 day.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the oceanfront suite with plunge pool (room 1016), so can't get much better...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
southern ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just returned from a week at JRB (Feb 22 - Mar 1). The weather was amazing - no daytime rain to speak of until departure day. Overall we really enjoyed ourselves. This is a very laid-back, family style resort with very good service and a beautifully kept property. Here are some of my observations.

Property - very pretty, smaller footprint, easy to get around and well taken care of. The lobby furniture is looking a bit dark and tired, but otherwise I think the property is lovely.

Room - Oceanfront concierge suite - second floor. Large and great view. They happily brought in an extra double bed for us. Kept very clean by housekeeping. Loved the big shower with all the shower heads! Decor a bit underwhelming, but who cares. Concierge service was very responsive. Fridge well stocked all week.

Beach - lovely, long beach. Lots of chairs and towels. The resort was at capacity and there was never a problem getting a chair and a couple of towels. Spotty beach service - but the bar is VERY close by - so not a problem.

Wifi - hit and miss. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Not a big issue for me, but I know that others find this annoying.

Restaurants - I liked them all. I thought the food was good and the service was very good. We also enjoyed the dinner around the pool (excellent food and music) on Thursday night and Jamaica night buffet.

Drinks - the mixed drinks and cocktails are great - I didn't have the frozen drinks, but I heard they were good as well. The wine was terrible - for me it was undrinkable, so I stuck to cocktails for the week.

Golf - I played a round of golf alone with my caddie. Done in 3 hours! Perfect. The course is fun for a resort course - although the Ladies tees are in pretty rough shape. There are a couple of nice views of the ocean from the back nine.

Spa - had a massage. It was ok - I've had better - but it was a lovely setting in the huts.

Entertainment - we really enjoyed most of the 9pm entertainment in the evening. Very talented performers! Make sure to see the Silver Birds, they are a pleasure to watch. The playmakers for the resort are great young people with tons of charisma - it was really fun to see them do their thing and get the guests excited.

Waterpark - I think it was supposed to open the day we left. I took a peek the day before and Scott showed me around a bit - it looks fantastic. I'm sure the kids (young and old) will love this new addition to the resort.

Overall - great family resort with lots to do, good food and really good service. We had a really good time. However, I don't think I will return because there are a lot of children and babies at this resort and I prefer an adult only vacation.

pubnico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just returned from first vacation in Jamaica. The resort was small well groomed and had a great view of the beach as whole resort is on the beach ! There is a reef also so bring snorkel gear. The buffet was very good and I enjoyed it very much , the platinum restaurant was fun and I enjoyed how they presented the food it was entertaining. I totally loved the drinks very yummy at times they ran out of juice or sky vodka but it was not an issue as they all taste good. The water park was yet to be open as we were given a 100.00 credit and we used it for an amazing couples massage , they have little huts and they are very good massage therapist ( joy ) was mine and she was excellent .only thing I could complain about is it is very kid friendly so they had a bonfire at 10 pm and kids were roasting marshmallows , kinda not my idea of a bonfire with music I would of drank and partied but instead I layed low and chatted , I don't like to party around kids .the disco is teen from 8/10 adult after well after you drink all day that's kinda late .We did have a lot of fun times and I would actually go back I just wish they had the infinity pool and shallow pool with not with the swim up bar as the kids are going to be in the shallow area . Once the water park opens I assume the parents will be with the kids in that area . The staff was friendly and it was a great trip. The plunge pool are worth it but the room above can look into your pool . We had gorgeous hot weather and the beach although it isn't super long walk was gorgeous you can go beyond resort but your asked if you "want to purchase " or the vendor ask you to buy , I was nervous so didn't go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in 1219 but the rooms not updated compared to other building , I was very close to swim up...
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We arrived on Mon Feb 23,2015 for what was supposed to be 7 days at JRB. 2 couples.
Rooms were great, main pool , and beach were great, loved the Pizza at Court Jester & had a great dinner at Moonstones. We were approached on the Tues asking if we would be interested in being upgraded to JPC... Knowing now what I know, I would have declined (I will do a separate review of JPC)

Be very clear what it being offered to you for transferring. Mis-communication is not a great thing to deal with on your holiday.

A shout out to the lovely Sparkle for the great tour of the resort ! Loved the in-house band.

The few things I can say that I wasn`t to keen on: I found that during meals coffee & tea wasn`t widely offered, at the beginning at breakfast, and at the end of dinner. Also, I didn`t find the entertainment crew very engaging..

Overall, not a bad resort.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

In August 2014, one of my sisters, a girlfriend of ours and my niece vacationed at Jewel Runaway Bay. We had such a wonderful time that we had to return in December for two nights with our parents and niece. the second time was even more awesome. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The Jacuzzi behind our rooms, the food, the entire property was awesome. Many thanks to the staff for going beyond the call of duty to ensure that our trip was enjoyable. . No doubt about that. We spent Christmas Eve through till boxing Day, the first Christmas without cooking at home. It was a home away from home.We will be back

Room Tip: choose a room with a Jacuzzi. Its wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!