We have been to Jewel Dunns River six times, this year was our seventh but chose to spend some time at Runaway Bay. Below'
Just spent two nights at this resort and was more than impressed. The only reason we have never stayed here is because our children are grown ups. Quite honestly I didn't notice the children, there is so much for them to do. It has to be the greatest place on earth for parents, somewhat like Butlins in Britain where the children are taken care of all day if you wish. Kids club and dinner, how great is that. I also found out talking to the GM who is so layed back, (and it is not advertised), they actually have a laser park for the children by the golf course, and underground transportation to take you there. Unfortunately we didn't have time to go over and see that.
We only ate at the Moonstone restaurant, it was great we ate Sushi which was abundant, not a connoisseur but Pizza was excellent and the breakfast buffet was exceptional. I have never seen so much choice. There was Eggboy who only cooked eggs and then an omelet station too, most unusual.
The grounds are beautiful, well manicured and very pretty, nice to just walk around and take in the sights. Pools are
The beach is excellent, always plenty of room and lots of sun or shade.
The staff needless to say are also the best, the most pleasant people ever. We always take the time to chat and find out what's happening, who knows who etc., it's surprising how many people know each other in the area.
I think what surprises us most is that the GM of this resort takes the time to answer tripadvisor reviews, that says a lot. He's a genuine person and says it like it is, and believe me, the staff have a lot of respect for him, he gets the job done. (Although he steals staff from other Jewel resorts.)
Coming soon is a new water park, it's going to be just amazing and I'm sure there will be enough lifeguards from what we're hearing, to cover all the blind spots. A lazy river with waterfalls, cabanas for rent, from tots to teens, sounds like Disney in Jamaica for a lot less money. (Maybe I'll have to put it on my bucket list.)
All in all if I had young children or teenagers I would consider this resort to be my number one choice, because I would be comfortable leaving my children for a few hours, maybe dinner also if they so chose. Great to have those choices both for them and us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica