Just returned from 10 glorious days at Jewel Runaway Bay. Our first time at a Jewel or in Jamaica and wanted to share some thoughts.
After a long day of flying and an hour plus on a bus we were welcomed by Delaney at the front desk. He couldn't have been better. He personally showed us several rooms that he had to offer (we booked a standard room but wanted to upgrade) which took about half an hour but he was nothing but pleasant the entire time. We chose an ocean front with a plunge pool on the third floor, best room in the house! On multiple occasions on our way through the front desk area Delaney made it a point to greet us and make sure everything was good. The first morning we were there we received a call from Komesha (probably spelling her name wrong, sorry!) at the concierge desk also asking how everything was, we had a problem with the lock on the door which was corrected within minutes after we told her. So far so good!
Throughout our stay we met a ton of great people, Simone, Chris, James, Shaunese and all of the bartenders at the bars, all great! Shaunese is truly the best Bloody Mary mixer on earth! Egg boy is the king of breakfast and I challenge you to find a city in the US that he doesn't know, my 9 year old had several conversations with him, what a good guy. If you like jerk chicken go to the grill, Kenroy makes it amazing. I don't think that there is a bad chef/cook on the property but he is the best in my opinion! Actually we had jerk chicken several other "famous" places on the island and even those just didn't compare! The night chef at Platinum makes an outstanding snapper dish (oh yeah, I really don't eat seafood but tried it to impress my wife and had the pleasure to enjoy it 3 times while there), simple but delicious!
On to the resort. The resort is on the small side when compared to the mega resorts but it is definitely big enough to always have something to do yet small enough to feel safe, comfortable and at home. As I said we were there for 10 days and just a couple of days in the staff knew our little family enough to call us all by name, my son wanted to stay forever. There were 3 pools but we only used 2 due to 1 of them being adults only, both were always clean, lots of chairs in sun or shade, lots of pool toys (noodles, balls, etc) that everyone shared. The beach is beautiful, soft sand raked every morning by hand. Lots of chairs there also. We never had any problem leaving our bag of personal items on the chair while swimming or snorkeling. The bars were all good, as said earlier not a bad person in the bunch. There is always a place to each, literally 24 hours a day, and each one is really good, including the buffet at which we could always find something to please everyone. Platinum was great and really loved the pizza place and grill!
I guess I am not sure what else to say except that the Jewel is a wonderful resort with outstanding people. In my opinion it is truly the people that are there that are the real Jewels! I would absolutely recommend this resort to anyone. Go, enjoy and relax with some of the real, true, good people of Jamaica! Hope to be back soon. Scott, your employees shine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, one of the most complete all-inclusive resorts in the world. Located on 22 lush, oceanfront acres of Jamaica's famed north coast, this spectacular resort offers some of the best SCUBA and golf on the island. Unwind in our new plunge pool suites. Indulge in our new full-service spa. Dine around at up to 5 different restaurants and 5 different free-flowing bars including a swim-up pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club
- Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club Hotel Runaway Bay
- Breezes Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Breezes Runaway Bay Hotel
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort Jamaica